• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

derblaueClaus

Wings file for abitration with Peter Mrazek

Rate this topic

Bishop is talented id say his legs are his best asset up high is his weakness he'll still be top 5

That's gonna be interesting to watch, how big goalies like him and Dubnyk do.

Even if the equipment is shortened, it would still be pretty big on those guys.

The pad changes should suit Mrazek well given his playstyle. I am curious to see how it will affect Carey Price.

Lundqvist and Holtby too.

Edited by NerveDamage

Does anybody find it disturbing that these two haven't signed yet? I know their hearings are coming up, but doesn't it just show that maybe Holland is trying to lowball? That being said, we only have about $8M left after LTIR.

Boy, that $3.8M to a 4th liner sure looks great now!

I believe Mrazek will go to arbitration. Which can be done for 1 or 2 years. It makes sense if we look at Howard's contract and that KH is looking for a defensive trade.

A sort of forced bridge deal if you will.

Does anybody find it disturbing that these two haven't signed yet? I know their hearings are coming up, but doesn't it just show that maybe Holland is trying to lowball? That being said, we only have about $8M left after LTIR.

Boy, that $3.8M to a 4th liner sure looks great now!

No, rfa deals can take awhile Edited by DickieDunn

No, rfa deals can take awhile

They are running out of time though. What, another 7-10 days or so? Tells me there be some issues with negotiations with both these guys. Who knows...

Edited by romagoth

As mentioned earlier, historically with the Wings, the arbitration was to prevent tendering of an offer sheet. Personally, I think DDK signs before, and if Kenny wants to gamble for a short term bridge deal it goes to arbitration. I think Mrazek has said he wants either two or four years previously.n I wouldn't be surprised if he got it done before the hearing as well.

Problem is, we only have $9M-ish with LTIR. Is that enough to sign these guys before they get an award? Or will Holland wait for the award and then deal with the cap?

That's the point of arbitration. It will prevent them getting overpaid long term. Holland filed for arbitration against Mrazek because he's smart. And Mrazek probably wanted a 6 or 7 year deal with ridiculous amount of money.

DK is priority imo because he's a proven defender. I'm hoping Mrazek actually does go to arbitration because he's still inconsistent and I don't think he deserves any big time contract just yet.

Edited by kickazz

DD is worth about $4.5M, IMO and I also think Mrazek should get Vaisilovskiy money.

4.5M would be at the very minimum. 4.5-5.5M.

Mrazek will make much more than Vasilevskiy, as he should.

He's played over twice as many games and has far superior stats in every category.

Vasilevskiy money for Mrazek is ridiculous. $3.5 million? Darren Helm makes more than that lmao.

Mrazek was easily the MVP between December and beginning of Feb last season. $4-5 million wouldn't be surprising. Anything above $5 is an overpayment.

We'll see what happens.

Edited by kickazz

Vasilevskiy money for Mrazek is ridiculous. $3.5 million? Darren Helm makes more than that lmao.

Mrazek was easily the MVP between December and beginning of Feb last season. $4-5 million wouldn't be surprising. Anything above $5 is an overpayment.

We'll see what happens.

Anderson got 5 million in TO for 5 years. I could see that being a comparable.

Anderson was 22-9-7 with a 2.30 GAA and 91.9 Save %.

Mrazek was 27-16-5 with a 2.33 GAA and 92.1 Save %