• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

This year vs last year: a poll

Rate this topic

This year vs last year: a poll  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah but we shouldn't even have been 3-1, that Chicago team was breaking records that season and we were without Lidstrom for the first time. It's cause our vets were still solid but they declined** bad in 2015 and even worse in 2016

It was a tough series to say the least. I thought we were taking it when we went to OT

Real talk I pondered on it at 2 am last night in bed.

7.5 hours gotta stick with the 90 minute sleep cycles for that perfect REM sleep.

Maybe I swtiched from same to better because I'm Jamie Lannister and like to switch to the winning side as any Lannister would.

31981743.jpg

I guess your left hand is the winning hand then

Where is the "All of the above" choice?

Real talk I pondered on it at 2 am last night in bed.

7.5 hours gotta stick with the 90 minute sleep cycles for that perfect REM sleep.

Maybe I swtiched from same to better because I'm Jamie Lannister and like to switch to the winning side as any Lannister would.

31981743.jpg

When we lose, will you pay your debts?

If Nyquist and Tatar can step it up (assuming they're on the roster), we'll be better. Everything else is about a wash, I'm thinking. Maybe Neilson will lose the puck a little less than Datsyuk did last year. Vanek might be better than Richards but I'm not holding my breath.

This is of course assuming no trades.

It starts with roster management by Holland, alleviating some of this log jam. Then it's Blashill's job to ice the right players and find line combos that work. I'm not sure I have full confidence in either right now... The coaching staff looks to be much improved, hopefully they can get the special teams figured out...

It starts with roster management by Holland, alleviating some of this log jam. Then it's Blashill's job to ice the right players and find line combos that work. I'm not sure I have full confidence in either right now... The coaching staff looks to be much improved, hopefully they can get the special teams figured out...

Frankly I think the power play needs to be built around Vanek and Nyquist. Get them open down low and find a way to get them the puck. I think that's the simplest recipe for success.

I think our power-play setup (coach) was our biggest issue last season, not so much the personnel (players). With Firschweiler gone and Torchetti in, that alone "should" give it a huge boost... We have more than enough weapons that our power-play should at least be somewhat dangerous...

Worse. Zetterberg and Kronwall are going to be even older and were terrible last year. Datsyuk is gone. I don't see Nyquist or Tatar having some kind of resurgence. They've hit their ceiling.

The Vanek and Ott moves are decent, but nothing to write home about.

Worse. Zetterberg and Kronwall are going to be even older and were terrible last year. Datsyuk is gone. I don't see Nyquist or Tatar having some kind of resurgence. They've hit their ceiling.

The Vanek and Ott moves are decent, but nothing to write home about.

Lol hit their ceiling at 25 & 26? LMFAO. That's great. Thanks for the laughs

Better.

Pros:

1) 1 Year ago we didn't even have Datsyuk, he was recovering from a surgery and Neilsen is better then an injured and or not playing Datsyuk.

2) Vanek in 2016 is better then Richards in 2015.

3) Blashill has now had 1 year to coach in the NHL, logic would dictate that he will be better prepared in 2016 then 2015.

4) Every player that struggled/regressed with the new system should be better this year (Abby, Helm, Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Jurco, etc.)

5) Larkin, AA, Mantha should all keep getting better.

6) Mrazek should keep growing as a goaltender

7) Better Assistant Coaches

Cons:

1) Zetterberg/Kronwall are definitely wild cards, will they come in healthier and put up better season, or will they continue their regression. Odds are regression.

2) E should just keep getting worse

3) Datsyuk is Gone. He did show up in some games and give us the Datsyuk of old, we will never get that again.The high scoring Boston game comes to mind.

Edited by kliq

I think Kronwall will have a better year. From the looks of it he primarily played injured last year. I saw the guy limping in Lifetime Fitness in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan during the season.

Zetterberg will probably start off fine the first 40 games as usual and hit a wall. Honestly it all depends on his usage. If they continue to use him 19-20 minutes a night the coaching staff should definitely be criticized. Play the guy 15 minutes a night and he'll likely last the entire season.

Edited by kickazz