• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Should any of #91, #13, #40, #30 be retired? Poll/Discussion

Rate this topic

Should any of #91, #13, #40, #30 be retired?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2018-01-18 at 4:45 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lindros'  88 being retired in Philly tonight.

That took them awhile. He’s no Clarke or Parent, but he was a big part of their team in the ‘90’s, and definitely worthy of it. Thought it would have been done sooner. Then again, not all teams retire numbers just because they can. Like Colorado did with Bourque after his whole one season there. That still makes me laugh.

4 hours ago, chaps80 said:

That took them awhile. He’s no Clarke or Parent, but he was a big part of their team in the ‘90’s, and definitely worthy of it. Thought it would have been done sooner. Then again, not all teams retire numbers just because they can. Like Colorado did with Bourque after his whole one season there. That still makes me laugh.

10 years plus. He deserves it though. Imagine what he could have accomplished if he didn't have a noodle noggin. I think his brother suffered the same fate IIRC. Maybe it was a family thing.

On 1/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, chaps80 said:

Lindros should absolutely be retired.  He was a total beast for that franchise throughout the 90's.  Interestingly enough, I can't think of anyone on another team who's worn that number in the last 20 years, so he's pretty much retired anyway.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Lindros should absolutely be retired.  He was a total beast for that franchise throughout the 90's.  Interestingly enough, I can't think of anyone on another team who's worn that number in the last 20 years, so he's pretty much retired anyway.  

Patrick Kane is an 88. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

My guess is this, since the Wings aren't going to set the world on fire in the standings the next couple seasons there WILL be a number retirement to help connect the past of Olympia/JLA to LCA and 'create' some history at the new place. 

My hope is it would be Fedorov.

On Custance's podcast he interviewed Keith Gave, who wrote the Russian 5 biography and was responsible for helping to bring over Konstantinov and Fedorov. He's still close to Devellano and Holland.

He stated 40 will be the next number in the rafters. 91 will never be in the rafters as long as Marian Illitch draws breath. And the team was not at all happy with how Datsyuk left, and probably won't be retired.

Hopefully that settles that.

Fedorov is THE ABSOLUTE HANDS DOWN BEST RUSSIAN to EVER play in the NHL. Don't tell me Ovechkin, Malkin, blah blah, those two could tell you what the defensive side of the puck looked like even if their first name was Defense.

Could you imagine Fedorov's numbers playing in the age these guys play in? He and Bure were #1 and #2 when it comes to Russians in the NHL.

ALL these numbers should be retired! ALL OF THEM! I agree though, #40 should be the last of the 4 to go up! 

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Fedorov is THE ABSOLUTE HANDS DOWN BEST RUSSIAN to EVER play in the NHL. Don't tell me Ovechkin, Malkin, blah blah, those two could tell you what the defensive side of the puck looked like even if their first name was Defense.

Could you imagine Fedorov's numbers playing in the age these guys play in? He and Bure were #1 and #2 when it comes to Russians in the NHL.

ALL these numbers should be retired! ALL OF THEM! I agree though, #40 should be the last of the 4 to go up! 

Gotta disagree with ya here. I agree with you on Feds. He does have the most NHL points of any other Russian player. Bure is 11th tho. I realize injuries cut his career short, but in 702 games his P/GP is 1.11 and his +/- is 42. In 782 games, Malkin's P/GP is 1.187 (the highest of any Russian including Federov) and his +/- is 90 (8th vs. Bure's 27th). Not that those are the best stats to determine offense or defense, but based on those numbers, Malkin is a better player IMO. 

My top 5 NHL Russians would be:

1. Federov

2. Datsyuk

3. Ovechkin

4. Malkin

5. Bure

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Stupid.  Personal feelings getting in the way.  Holland being an idiot getting in the way.  The rafters aren't about opinions. Fedorov is a one of a kind and has all the stat requirements.  Datsyuk almost the same.  Osgood has 400 wins and 3 cups, for Christ's sake.  Zetterberg is probably the least deserving of the 4.  The Wings have taken a nose dive since he took over.

This is literally the opposite of what it is, its 100% about opinions, specifically the opinion of the owner.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

On Custance's podcast he interviewed Keith Gave, who wrote the Russian 5 biography and was responsible for helping to bring over Konstantinov and Fedorov. He's still close to Devellano and Holland.

He stated 40 will be the next number in the rafters. 91 will never be in the rafters as long as Marian Illitch draws breath. And the team was not at all happy with how Datsyuk left, and probably won't be retired.

Hopefully that settles that.

Sorta. Agree with all of it, but #30 is just as deserving. The right thing to do would be to put Ozzie's up before Z retires IMO. Not like they've retired many goalies numbers. Or defencemen for that matter. 

11 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Sorta. Agree with all of it, but #30 is just as deserving. The right thing to do would be to put Ozzie's up before Z retires IMO. Not like they've retired many goalies numbers. Or defencemen for that matter. 

Why before Z? Zetterberg was an assistant captain since like his 3rd year in the NHL and eventual Captain. He’s top 5 in almost every offensive category for the Red Wings franchise now. And he did it in a much harder era than other forwards did.. That guy is def going up first.

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

162 games, 163 pts, +32.

80 games, 53 pts, -1.

Which players have these playoff numbers with the Wings?

Fedorov and... no idea... The only one that I see close to that is Sid Abel, who scored 58 points in 93 playoff games with the Red Wings.

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Wings haven't won a Cup since Brett Lebda left.

Wings haven't made the playoffs since Joakim Andersson left.

You can keep all your fancypants Fedorovs and Datsyuks and Bill Ranfords and Robert Langs. I know who the real MVPs are.

We haven't won a cup without D-mac in decades.