• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Pulkkinen re-signs with a 1 year deal

Rate this topic

Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 3m3 minutes ago

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings today re-signed RW Teemu Pokémon to a one-year contract: http://redwn.gs/29RCxMX

Amazing tweet lol

Small European forwards.... Kenny just has to catch them all.

I still maintain that the only way he will stick in the NHL is if he diversifies his skill set right now, and gives Blashill a reason besides a heavy slap shot to put him on the ice. The only way he's going to learn to score regularly in the NHL is with regular opportunity, and the only way he's getting regular opportunity is if he demonstrates value to the team in some form right now.

No reason to let him walk now even if the wings don't see a future in him. I have pretty big doubts about him but I never thought not resigning him was an option. With he logjam of forwards if he doesn't impress he'll be sitting

Jurco

Mantha

Pulkinnen

All fighting for the same spot imo maybe even throw AA into that mix. Just hopefully Blashill will get the right guys into the lineup

Edit: forgot about Vanek. He is by no means a mainstay... All these guys fighting for that depth scoring position. Young guy not getting a chance because someone else is playing too well is a good problem to have

Edited by joesuffP

I mean, what else were they going to do with him? His trade value was already low before the news regarding his injury came out. They either lose an asset for nothing, or sign him and hope he can bounce back once he's healthy.

The guy's fighting an uphill battle, though. Out 4-6 months (with a shoulder injury, no less), no training camp and a glut of forwards ahead of him on the depth chart. I've already said it about Jurco, but I think Pulkkinen has issues with timing as well. In his case, it's about getting his shot off quicker/finding open space on the ice.

Last season, he was so focused on power that he'd either bury the puck in the goaltender's chest or miss the net completely. Pretty sure he lead the team in missed shots per games played last season, which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things (I think Z and Pavel were right behind him). However, when your game revolves around one skill/ability, you need to be able to do it well. It would help if he could add another dimension to his game, but I'm not totally sold. Honestly, I want the guy to prove me wrong.

He's short, hurt, but he Is worth that money. It's a good signing. He does have trade value or can pan out. I have heard he's a gymrat - his chances of improving his skillset goes up by that fact.

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings today re-signed RW Teemu Pokémon to a one-year contract: http://redwn.gs/29RCxMX

Amazing tweet lol

17cmdt.gif

inspired by FlashyG, here's my first gif ;)

Edited by NerveDamage