• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Glendening signs 4-year, $1.8m AAV extension

Rate this topic

4yr deal for another homegrown piece of trash (the Holland special). Can't wait for the homers to say "well 1.85m caphit for a 4th liner so it doesn't really hurt us lolololol" even though we have a million worthless players on the books for the rest of the decade. gtfooh

Why are people bitching about this?? Does everyone forget that his injury lost us the 2015 series with the lightning. He owned tyler Johnson ala 2009 zetterberg on Crosby. People need to remember that it isn't 2006 anymore and 1.8 million for a 4th liner is not a bad deal.

#RedWings sign Luke Glendening to 4-year extension at $1.8 million cap hit. Had one year left on deal, so new deal goes through 2020-21.

I like Luke but ugh lol

$1.8 million for a Top 25 Face-off man in the league? I'll take it. Say what you will about his skill with the puck, but among the players used regularly as centers for their teams (i.e. - took 500+ faceoffs last year) he was #24. That's pretty good.

I wonder if the fact that he was born in Michigan had anything to do with this, hmm...

Apparently getting people to come to Detroit isn't exactly an easy sell. From living around the country I can tell you everyone outside the the suburban area think detroit is one big giant piece of s***.

Trying to see the positives here... Wish holland could get a killer discount out of these homegrown guys but alas...

Long term our defensive minded, gritty forwards for the next 5 years:

Abby, Helm, Glendening

These guys are necessary but Holland is making quite the commitment. I guess he wants a guy like this on every line

Why are people bitching about this?? Does everyone forget that his injury lost us the 2015 series with the lightning. He owned tyler Johnson ala 2009 zetterberg on Crosby. People need to remember that it isn't 2006 anymore and 1.8 million for a 4th liner is not a bad deal.

First of all, I'll just start of by being completely blunt. You're wrong.

I've had enough of people trying to push a narrative on Glendenning that he somehow shutdown Tyler Johnson in 2015. Tyler Johnson single handedly destroyed the Red Wings in the 2015 playoffs while Steven Stamkos was nowhere to be found.

Game 2 - Tyler Johnson scored 2 goals

Game 4 - Tyler Johnson scored 1 goal to help tie the game AND the game winner in OT

Game 6 - Tyler Johnson scored 2 goals

Oh and uh Glendening played in all 7 playoff games.

Lets stop trying to give the guy more credit than he actually deserves and for the love of maurice richard's shot don't compare him to 2008 Zetterberg lol.

Glendog is a 4th line shutdown forward with pretty good faceoffs numbers. There's nothing more or less to it.

Edited by kickazz

First of all, I'll just start of by being completely blunt. You're wrong.

I've had enough of people trying to push a narrative on Glendenning that he somehow shutdown Tyler Johnson in 2015. Tyler Johnson single handedly destroyed the Red Wings in the 2015 playoffs while Steven Stamkos was nowhere to be found.

Game 2 - Tyler Johnson scored 2 goals

Game 4 - Tyler Johnson scored 1 goal to help tie the game AND the game winner in OT

Game 6 - Tyler Johnson scored 2 goals

Oh and uh Glendening played in all 7 playoff games.

Lets stop trying to give the guy more credit than he actually deserves and for the love of maurice richard's shot don't compare him to 2008 Zetterberg lol.

Glendog is a 4th line shutdown forward with pretty good faceoffs numbers. There's nothing more or less to it.

There are so many misrepresentations and inaccuracies in your post. I know there are enough people here more skilled at looking up stats than I am I won't waste my time because you will get lit up for that post.

There are so many misrepresentations and inaccuracies in your post. I know there are enough people here more skilled at looking up stats than I am I won't waste my time because you will get lit up for that post.

I'm not saying Glendenning didn't help against Johnson but one injury (he came back to play btw) doesn't add up to your narrative. On the other hand the reason I responded to your post because you just tried to compare Glendog to Zetterberg vs Crosby.

Enough with overrating the guy.

I have no issues with Glendog the issue is his usage and I guess now the pay. Overpaid.

Tyler Johnsons two goals in game 4 came after Glendenning left the game. We had a lead in the third period. We would have been up 3-1 in the series. After that the wings had no answer for him. Sorry, but I will draw the comparison. I know other already have.