• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kylee

Red Wings All-Bust Roster

Rate this topic

From the last 20 years or so who would make up your roster of players that either never panned out in the NHL or their NHL career fizzled out here(strictly in a Wings uniform)?

Brunner - Weiss - Leino

Cole-Modano - May

Igor Grigorenko - Center - Dan Cleary (sans 2007-2011)

Steve Thomas

Brett Lebda - RD

LD - RD

LD - RD

Curtis Joseph

Ty Conklin (2nd stint)

Edited by kylee

Whitney - Modano - Grigorenko

Leino - Weiss - Bertuzzi

Kopecky - Williams - Kohn

Cole - Legwand - Tootoo

Kuznetsov - Hatcher

Golubovsky - Krupp

Wallin - Smith

Ranford

Gustavsson

David Legwand

Jakub Kindl

Fabian Brunnstrom

Wendell Clark

Yan Golubovsky

Yuri Butsayev

Jessie Wallin

Jason Williams

No Derian Hatcher? That was one of the first names I thought of. I remember how excited I was when we got him and then the injury happened.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I don't think modo or hatcher count, they both basically got season ending injuries and never really recovered in time to have an effect.

I'm gonna say:

Radford, Ulf Samuelson, Todd Gill, Ken Wregget, Vincent Riendeau, Troy Crowder, kyle Calder, Danny markov, Brad may...

Curtis Joseph

What are you takling about? In his two years here during the playoffs he had a GAA of 1.75 and a save % of .928. Top multi year playoff numbers for any Wings goalie since his time here. Not to mention he handled the Hasek s***show of 03 pretty darn well.

I don't think modo or hatcher count, they both basically got season ending injuries and never really recovered in time to have an effect.

I'm gonna say:

Radford, Ulf Samuelson, Todd Gill, Ken Wregget, Vincent Riendeau, Troy Crowder, kyle Calder, Danny markov, Brad may...

Troy Crowder. Ha! The only thing that guy could do was fight Probert.

From the last 20 years or so who would make up your roster of players that either never panned out in the NHL or their NHL career fizzled out here(strictly in a Wings uniform)?

Brunner - Weiss - Leino

Cole-Modano - May

Igor Grigorenko - Center - Dan Cleary (sans 2007-2011)

Steve Thomas

Brett Lebda - RD

LD - RD

LD - RD

Curtis Joseph

Ty Conklin (2nd stint)

Jimmy Carson

Edited by Internet.Unknown

What are you takling about? In his two years here during the playoffs he had a GAA of 1.75 and a save % of .928. Top multi year playoff numbers for any Wings goalie since his time here. Not to mention he handled the Hasek s***show of 03 pretty darn well.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think in this city it comes down to the fact that he didn't win a cup which is ridicoulas.

Don't think it's fair putting Grigorenko on the list the guy had a life threatening injury and never fully recovered from it. I would put him in the "if only" category.

I agree. The kids family was told theres a 90% chance he would die after the accident. Thats not a bust. Thats just life kicking you in the teeth. It would basically be saying Vladdy was a bust because he didnt win a couple Norris trophies because of the accident.

Don't think it's fair putting Grigorenko on the list the guy had a life threatening injury and never fully recovered from it. I would put him in the "if only" category.

Same with Wallin. Broke his leg badly and never recovered

I agree. The kids family was told theres a 90% chance he would die after the accident. Thats not a bust. Thats just life kicking you in the teeth. It would basically be saying Vladdy was a bust because he didnt win a couple Norris trophies because of the accident.

Grigorenko is playing in the KHL though Edited by kylee

Troy Crowder played for the Wings in 1992. That was outside the 20 year mark the OP talked about.

If you're going to count him, then how do you not count Keith Primeau?

From what I remember, he had a pretty s***ty attitude about playing in the minors, or something of that nature.

I wouldn't consider Tootoo simply because he barely got a chance to play.

Just like with Joseph, it wasn't his fault, but the end result was a bust. We obtained a physical player that did what was asked of him, but our coach and GM couldn't wait to get rid of him. Even Triple H never buried someone as hard as Babcock buried Tootoo.

I thought about him, but left him off because of his numbers. Then again, the final result was disappointing. Maybe it wasn't Joseph's fault that we had Hitler as our coach and couldn't score, but the end result of the Joseph era was indeed a bust.

Edited by GMRwings1983