• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kylee

Red Wings All-Bust Roster

Rate this topic

I don't consider Brunner a bust. Not a whole lot was expected of him and he was decently effective in his short stint with us. For a very short time, the line of Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner was kinda sorta awesome.

Probably the highlight of the 2013 playoffs.

Edited by kliq

The op said 20 years or so, that's why I put Crowder there.

If we're talking busts due to injury, since Modano and hatcher were mentioned, I'm going to go ahead and say it. Johan Franzen. You'll have to admit, he signed his 11 year deal and it was a huge bust due to injury just a few seasons into it...

I dare any poster here to project into the future and name a current highly thought of prospect that will be on this list in 20 years. Maybe we'll revisit in the future and laugh.

Mantha, Dekeyser because of the ridiculous expectations some have, all of the current young D. Edited by DickieDunn

Vili Saarijarvi would be my pick for current prospect that never lives up to the hype...

What hype? Hes an undersized decent prospect. He has never been expected to be a #1 or #2 dman at the NHL level. The club is probably hoping he tops out as a 4-6 dman who runs the PP. Its not like he has top 10 pick hype. Heck he doesnt even have top 8 hype within the organization.

I completely agree with that assessment. I don't even expect him to make it to the NHL, but it depends on who you ask... The hype obviously isn't coming from management, but I know for a fact there are a TON of Wings fans that have him catapulted to the top of our defense prospects list and fully expect him to become a legit top pair defenseman and elite power-play quarterback... You don't think that's overhyping?...

I believe Saarijarvi is our most tantalizing D-prospect; he has legitimate top-two potential, IMHO. Mind you, I'm not necessarily expecting him to reach those heights. But I think the raw talent and potential is there.

Edited by Dabura

Is a bust someone who performs like crap or someone who gets injured and then performs like crap?

Both. When I think of the spirit of the topic, I think of whether it was a bust for the team or not. Not sure why "bust" has to be related to whose fault it was.