• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

DeKeyser re-signed to a 6 year deal

Rate this topic

I don't mind 6 yrs for DD. He will be an eventual A on this team, if he doesn't get it this year (problem Abby) and actually $5M isn't too bad, we all would've liked a bit less but in this case, it may have only been $250K less at most. He may have been awarded upwards of $6M. I hope we can shed some salary and soon.

I'm not mad even if there's a NMC, he is your future leader on D, hometown kid who chose us, plus he'd be protected anyhow. I'd actually welcome a clause with this contract.

For a million, would any of you give Wiz a shot for a year? If all trades fizzle or just go with the kids?

Edited by LeftWinger

Can you imagine what Larkin is going to get in 2 years?

DeKeyser and Fowler sounds good to me...as well as trouba, barrie, shattenkirk and just about anyone else not named Ericsson or KFQ.

I would want a young, say 23-25 year old super prospect as our top defenseman. Trouba or Lindholm fits the bill. I would overpay. Painfully so.

This also pretty much guarantees that he is here for life! He'll be what, around 31 after this deal? He may sign another 4-5 years maybe 6 after this one and then call it. I like this deal. I hope he stays healthy and continues to get better, this will be a steal in 3 years.

Unless he gets significantly better, if he's the cornerstone of the defense, the team is screwed

Exactly what I'm thinking. He'll likely continue to improve, but he's not #1 material.

I don't mind the deal. Maybe a little more than I would have wanted in terms of salary, but I can live with it. However, we still need significant help on defense.

After LTIR they should be OK, but we went from plenty of cap room to nothing with only overpaid middling players to show for it, other than Nielsen who is a second line center apparently expected to suddenly be a top line guy.

They will get a little over $5M in relief when Franzen and Vitale go on LTIR.

Franzen - $3,954,545

Vitale - $1,116,666

Total = $5,071,211

We are currently $867,042 over the salary cap ceiling (before LTIR), so as long as Mrazek doesn't cost more than $4.2M we're fine...

edit: That's with us at 15 forwards and 6 defensemen. You'd have to think we'll go with at least one less forward and one more defenseman (possibly two). Regardless, the numbers shouldn't be that much different if we waive Ott ($800K) and keep Ouellet ($715K) and / or Sproul (RFA, shouldn't get much more than Ouellet)...

Edited by krsmith17

I don't think it's the wrong choice because we don't have any replacements. The difference between this signing and the Helm/Glendog is we don't have another 1D to take over. Time will tell.

Edited by kickazz