• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Mrazek avoids arbitration... signs 2 year deal

Rate this topic

Good signing. I prefer that it didn't got to arbitration, don't want to cause bitterness or bad feelings with the #1 goalie, that process might possibly have done that.

And the fact that he can earn more later if he shows up should put a little fire on his effort.

Always good to avoid arbitration. I was worried Holland was losing his mojo. If he is good at anything it is signing restricted players. Although sometimes too high. This is a good cap hit.

He only went to arbitration because Mrazek wanted like $5 million. Holland requesting arbitration brought Mrazek back down to earth. Holland gets full credit on this one to be honest. We were the only team in the league to file arbitration AGAINST a player rather than the usual players filing against the team.

We did well. Not to mention Mrazek will be an RFA after this contract is up too. This is a perfect win-win for us.

Edited by kickazz

Good signing. I prefer that it didn't got to arbitration, don't want to cause bitterness or bad feelings with the #1 goalie, that process might possibly have done that.

And the fact that he can earn more later if he shows up should put a little fire on his effort.

If it caused bitterness then Mrazek is fragile. It's part of the business. Top players go through it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so it was a 2 year, $4M deal, but I thought it had already gone to arbitration. Good to hear they avoided arbitration once again.

His arbitration was scheduled for this morning I believe. What happens a lot in these cases are the parties agree arbitration wouldn't benefit either side, and a deal gets done in the hallway. Arbitration can cause resentment, and harm future negotiations.

That is a pretty good deal. Holland must have brought Luca Brasi to the negotiating table.

Nah they split the baby, so it was probably a pretty civil negotiation.

He only went to arbitration because Mrazek wanted like $5 million. Holland requesting arbitration brought Mrazek back down to earth. Holland gets full credit on this one to be honest. We were the only team in the league to file arbitration AGAINST a player rather than the usual players filing against the team.

We did well. Not to mention Mrazek will be an RFA after this contract is up too. This is a perfect win-win for us.

Down to earth? Andersen got 5 millions longterm. Mrazek > Andersen. And it's not even close. Mrazek was better last season despite Andersen playing behind the better team and a far better defense. Mrazek also proved to be a clutch player. Always was at his best in the playoffs. Andersen hardly stops anything in the postseason.

We're talking about pure goodwill from a player probably wanting to help the organization and keeping a good relationship with the management. He might even saved Holland's job by accepting 4. Would have been tough to fit Mrazek in at 5 millions.

Inconsistency is no reason to lowball Mrazek at all. He clearly wasn't himself after that Schenn attack. Was reportedly ill right after and hardly stopped a puck the following four games he played. Call me whatever you want but I immediately felt that something was wrong with him after the incident. Either him or the club probably just didn't want to reveal the reason behind it all. What's for sure is that he got misused at that time. Should have given a rest. He definitely lost his way there.

https://twitter.com/StefanKubus/status/709925727366307840

In the future Holland better stops wasting money for useless or average players. We got several terrible contracts we'll probably never get out of (Nielsen, Helm, Green, Nyquist, Ericsson, Howard). I also think that Glendening and Ericsson earn too much for what they bring to the table. How things go at the moment maybe even the Zetterberg contract will come back to hurt us. It's 1 to 12 for Holland.

Edited by MabusIncarnate