• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Mrazek avoids arbitration... signs 2 year deal

Rate this topic

At least it's only 2 years. He'll either earn more or not. Not like it's 5 years when he's already declining.

I thought I read this morning that you were going to stop referencing Helm in every thread?

Just because you dont say his name, doesn't mean we don't all know who you are talking about lol.

Edited by kliq

I thought I read this morning that you were going to stop referencing Helm in every thread?

Just because you dont say his, doesnt mean we don't all know who you are talking about lol.

that offer was a one time only and it expired 30 hours away...

*ago

Edited by NerveDamage

As soon as you start your response with "stupid post" you lose all credibility and nobody really cares what you have to say.

Call me any name in the book in response, I really dont care. I'm not going to engage. All I have to say is that if you want to have logical/rational discussion with posters, dont post like an angry 12 year old. If you are trying to troll, then have fun.

Just because you dont say his, doesnt mean we don't all know who you are talking about lol.

Howard's 5 year deal....but you're right about the other guy too.

Great deal for 2 years. Goalies like Mrazek that can elevate for the playoffs don't grow on trees. As good as we all know he is, I think he's still underrated. Again, being able to elevate your game in the playoffs is huge, and he's done it twice now, second time doing so completely cold. He's going to be great for a long time.

Glad to see this done. Too bad Howard couldn't be moved, but whoever needed a goalie found better and/or cheaper options. The Elliot trade to Calgary was a huge surprise, and the nail in the coffin. His value is LOWWW! Hopefully he's only got one more season here then picked up in the expansion draft.

Glad to see this done. Too bad Howard couldn't be moved, but whoever needed a goalie found better and/or cheaper options. The Elliot trade to Calgary was a huge surprise, and the nail in the coffin. His value is LOWWW! Hopefully he's only got one more season here then picked up in the expansion draft.

We may still be able to move him at the deadline if some team suffers an injury or lacks a reliable option.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

We may still be able to move him at the deadline if some team suffers an injury or lacks a reliable option.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

True, but that's in an extreme case where a serious cup contenders starter is out for the season heading into the playoffs and they want some extra insurance in case their backup or third stringer falter. Even then, why would they take Howard and his contract? He's not exactly a proven playoff performer and he's played pretty bad for much of the last two seasons, was pulled in favour of Gustavsson in the 2014 playoffs, didn't even start a playoff game in 2015, and was pulled in favour of Mrazek in the 2016 playoffs, who he's lost the starting job in Detroit to for good. If teams were still interested in him and thought he'd be a reliable starter for them going forward, he'd already be gone. He almost won the Calder and has been in Vezina talk and has decent numbers overall, but he's not the same Jimmy Howard from 2010-2014. Just watch him out there..he's lost, shaky, sketchy confidence, gives up on a goal on almost every one on one chance and deflating goals at the worst times in games.

BUT, maybe he'll be better in a backup role this season with less pressure not competing for the starting job and playing less games and increase his trade value some. We'll see.

True, but that's in an extreme case where a serious cup contenders starter is out for the season heading into the playoffs and they want some extra insurance in case their backup or third stringer falter. Even then, why would they take Howard and his contract? He's not exactly a proven playoff performer and he's played pretty bad for much of the last two seasons, was pulled in favour of Gustavsson in the 2014 playoffs, didn't even start a playoff game in 2015, and was pulled in favour of Mrazek in the 2016 playoffs, who he's lost the starting job in Detroit to for good. If teams were still interested in him and thought he'd be a reliable starter for them going forward, he'd already be gone. He almost won the Calder and has been in Vezina talk and has decent numbers overall, but he's not the same Jimmy Howard from 2010-2014. Just watch him out there..he's lost, shaky, sketchy confidence, gives up on a goal on almost every one on one chance and deflating goals at the worst times in games.

BUT, maybe he'll be better in a backup role this season with less pressure not competing for the starting job and playing less games and increase his trade value some. We'll see.

He wasnt pulled in favor of Gustavsson in 2014, he was injured with what many believe was a unreported concussion. http://www.sportsinjuryalert.com/2014/04/red-wings-goaltender-jimmy-howard-might.html#.V57VJTUYHd4

If you look at his stats from those playoffs he had a 2.02 GAA , 93.1 Save %, and 1 Shutout.

I agree its unlikely a team trades for him if their starter goes down due to the term left on his contract, but the nice thing is that every year the term goes down, it becomes a little bit easier to trade him as long as he doesn't regress. Hopefully he plays great this year as a backup and a team out there that is having goalie issues will want to make a trade.

Personally I am hoping for Mason to play bad for Philly. They both have similar cap hits though Mason only has 1 year left on his contract. I wont hold my breathe though.

I thought he was pulled in 2014. My bad. The Flyers still have Neuvirth for one more season, and he' coming off a good year with them. Almost upset the Caps in the first round after Mason was pulled.

Don't get me wrong, I highly doubt they would do it. But if there was a team out there that was going to make a dumb trade due to an overreaction....it would be Philly.

Yeah Philly is where goalies careers go to die. They haven't had a franchise goalie since Ron Hextall. Trade Bobrovskyn he becomes a Vezina winner. Sign Bryzgalov, it's the beginning of the end of career. I'm surprised when they draft a young goalie, he doesn't just retire right then and there.