• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

Fox Sports DET to stream DRW games online

Rate this topic

http://detroitjockcity.com/2016/07/26/detroit-red-wings-games-will-be-streamed-online-starting-this-year/

The way I read this.. if you have a cable/satellite package that includes regional sports channels, you'll be able to stream NHL games.

Therefore, if you have a Directv package with FSD, you shouldn't have to buy NHL Center Ice.. correct?

Got my hopes up for a second. But no. I will still have to find another way to watch. Nothing new here. No NHL Network on cable. Their story is that the NHL wants an outrageous amount of money for the channel rights, so they refuse to ever add it to the tier. This is running battle for me, I beg every single year.

NHL corrupted Game Center last season so that most of the games are blacked out or on NHL Network - which, again, I cannot ever access -- or NBC. Center Ice is iffy here, often there is only one feed, not home and away, so I have no choice but to listen and pay for the opponents' broadcasts... Dish and DirectTV would cost me several hundred dollars per month to get FSD.

Hockey Hell. If you live in the regional broadcast area for FSD, get down on your knees and be thankful.

Edited by puckloo39

IP reroute perhaps?

I mean there are options, such as proxies and whatnot. They just aren't kosher. But more to the point, I think that here in 2016 convenient and legal options for folks to watch games regardless of whether they're in Texas, Australia, or Michigan should be available and independent of a cable or satellite subscription.

I mean there are options, such as proxies and whatnot. They just aren't kosher. But more to the point, I think that here in 2016 convenient and legal options for folks to watch games regardless of whether they're in Texas, Australia, or Michigan should be available and independent of a cable or satellite subscription.

most definitely. If you're paying for a full service, it shouldn't matter where you are. They should give a discount for every blackout game, or every time we have to withstand Doc Emrick, and co.

Still no legal options for those of us who cut the cord and are still within the FSD market

It looks like SlingTV will offer an option with FSD.

I was going to use SlingTV, but with this new option I'll just "borrow" my parent cable credentials and watch them that way. I already get Disney and HBO via my parents.

Fox Sports Regional's (FSR's) are available in the Sling Blue package for $25 a month: https://www.sling.com/

It also comes with a bunch of other channels too.

Edited by Holmstrom96

From what I got - it only works for those in Michigan.

I have DirecTV with the regional sports package, and every Wings game on FSD is blacked out - therefore I get Center Ice.

Yeah, but that was PRIOR to this year. I was the same way but I think we'll be OK now?

That might just work if you live in Michigan...Those of us who live outside of Michigan would be outta luck with the FSD.

Yes, but you can use NHL TV, which those of us who are in-market cannot.

My solution solves for if you're in-market and don't have cable.

Good catch, I guess I missed that part on the read through.

Dang it.

I don't believe so.

It was this quote that makes me believe it's for those living in Michigan only...'For fans in Michigan, that means Detroit Red Wings games will be available on digital devices through Fox Sports Go.'

Whats not kosher about them? They meet both the convenient and legal option you were wanting. I set mine up once at the start of the season and never touch it again. Takes 5 minutes. No blackouts on any game I want to watch. The only thing not kosher is the blacking out of events.

I'm still amazed at the amount of people who are out of the local area of their favorite team and refuse/are unaware of streaming games online. It takes all of 12 seconds to find a stream for games now. I live in Seattle and haven't had a problem watching a Wing's game since I moved here 18 months ago.

I'm still amazed at the amount of people who are out of the local area of their favorite team and refuse/are unaware of streaming games online. It takes all of 12 seconds to find a stream for games now. I live in Seattle and haven't had a problem watching a Wing's game since I moved here 18 months ago.

Out of market is easy because you can use Game Center (except for the absurd number of blackouts for national broadcasts.)

Local when you don't have cable has been tough as there is no streaming that doesn't blackout all the games.

yeah it's ok to find an illegal stream that looks like you are trying to watch the game through a potato. Real fun.....=)

Theyre ok until the framerate intermittently drops, or more frustrating, until they randomly get taken down midway through the game, or just before it starts.

Like everything I guess the more people that become aware of Reddit:NHLstreams the more often they are taken down mid game. This whole past season it was my go to and without a flaw 95% were Youtube streams (the best IMO) but in the last month of the season it seemed that NHL became savvy to it and started shutting them down on the regular.

Point still remains that there needs to be a legal way to stream games consistently from where ever we may be.

Like everything I guess the more people that become aware of Reddit:NHLstreams the more often they are taken down mid game. This whole past season it was my go to and without a flaw 95% were Youtube streams (the best IMO) but in the last month of the season it seemed that NHL became savvy to it and started shutting them down on the regular.

Point still remains that there needs to be a legal way to stream games consistently from where ever we may be.

when I was thinking on wether I should get the NHL GCL I came across a Dutch site,I think it was hockeystreams.com, that for a yearly subscription you'd get every NHL game plus AHL, KHL and some other leagues, I can't remember exactly but I think there weren't any blackout problems.

I remember reading somewhere it wasn't approved by the NHL so was affraid of losing my money and went for GCL instead

Apparently there was a thread here in LGW about the aforementioned site

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/56056-hockeystreamscom/

I agree. It's ridiculous that there aren't more options for us and frankly with more and more folks cutting the cable cord this is a perpetually growing market the league is missing out on. Frankly I'm surprised that the league isnt pursuing it.

Out of market is easy because you can use Game Center (except for the absurd number of blackouts for national broadcasts.)

Local when you don't have cable has been tough as there is no streaming that doesn't blackout all the games.

Gamecenter + https://www.unblock-us.com/ = legit streaming option with no blackouts ever. Takes 5 minutes to setup for the year.

when I was thinking on wether I should get the NHL GCL I came across a Dutch site,I think it was hockeystreams.com, that for a yearly subscription you'd get every NHL game plus AHL, KHL and some other leagues, I can't remember exactly but I think there weren't any blackout problems.

I remember reading somewhere it wasn't approved by the NHL so was affraid of losing my money and went for GCL instead

Apparently there was a thread here in LGW about the aforementioned site

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/56056-hockeystreamscom/

Last I heard hockeystreams is shut down. Since it was a non legit site all those people that gave them money got nothing in return.

There was some idiot that kept reporting all the games on youtube. It wasn't the NHL at all just someone who was butthurt about something and he kept reporting all the nhl games. It got to the point that most of the good youtube streamers wouldn't post the links on reddit anymore and you had to pm them to get it. That still didn't help a lot because the guy doing the reporting would still get the links eventually.

There was some idiot that kept reporting all the games on youtube. It wasn't the NHL at all just someone who was butthurt about something and he kept reporting all the nhl games. It got to the point that most of the good youtube streamers wouldn't post the links on reddit anymore and you had to pm them to get it. That still didn't help a lot because the guy doing the reporting would still get the links eventually.

not cool on his/her behalf, not cool at all. I was super pissed off that the Alumni game for our Stadium Series v Colorado wasn't broadcasted by NHLtv. if it wasn't for the youtube feed I found, I wouldn't have been able to watch it.

Edited by NerveDamage