• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Ryspayev Should Be Banned.. Disgusting.

Rate this topic

Yeah, posted it in the Offseason thread. I agree with your thread title though. Apparently some folks thought it was amazing and cool. One of the players he sucker punched is in the hospital according to the sbnation article.

What happened to good old "drop your gloves and fight man to man"?

What's that like 3 or 4 sucker punches in a minute?

Edited by kickazz

Yeah, posted it in the Offseason thread. I agree with your thread title though. Apparently some folks thought it was amazing and cool. One of the players he sucker punched is in the hospital according to the sbnation article.

What happened to good old "drop your gloves and fight man to man"?

What's that like 3 or 4 sucker punches in a minute?

I haven't been in the offseason topic for awhile, apologizes. Fighting in hockey is just not needed anymore.

I haven't been in the offseason topic for awhile, apologizes. Fighting in hockey is just not needed anymore.

CpdZR9JWcAI9WtB.jpg

...but it has to be consensual

did anyone see the two KHL coaches fight?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/watch-khl-coaches-fight-between-benches-during-pre-season-game/

And that a pre-season game too. Because of that it makes even less sense for him attack like that. I think it explains a little why others don't engaged with him, though. In the NHL pre-season, there's not much rough stuff and I wouldn't see much to fight for when you're just getting your game up to speed and trying not to get injured. ...But, with that said, when a guy's injuring people and going crazy, you have to step in. The refs just standing there is so weird.

$5 says Abdelkader would've plastered that clown into the next week.

It'll be nice to have Ott around to help him this season, so maybe he won't have to f*** up his hand again defending all the ******* on the team. Would be a bonus if Errorsson made himself useful in that capacity as well, since he makes a bundle for doing nothing.

Well remember what Holland said before the offseason? He wanted team to get bigger. Ott was his way of getting bigger but I guess ultimately it comes down to Blash. I'd keep Ott over Miller if it came down to it. Lower salary and probably has more to offer since he's a centerman.

Edited by kickazz

Since Downey, not really. Had Brad May, but he was at the end of his career and i'm not sure if he even dressed for one game with the Wings. I know he played a bit in GR.

As for Ott, he might not be what he was in his Dallas days, or the best fighter, but he could be a deterrent to some players taking liberties with the skill guys. Sometimes that's all you need is for the opposing team to know you have someone who will stick up for his teammates if need be.

Ott has never been a good fighter. He'd have trouble with Abdelkader.

And he did, with a lot of hugging...

Ott was never a tough guy. He routinely got his ass kicked by guys who could actually fight. He was an antagonist and, in his prime, a good checker. Not sure what he brings to Detroit at this stage of his career.

It was awesome having Downey on the team in '08. He fought and dropped some pretty tough guys. I remember when he destroyed Parros. That was one my faves. Glad he got a cup ring even though he didn't play a playoff game. He played just enough regular season games to qualify.