• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tomash

Jurco injured

Rate this topic

Poor jurco...odds are he'll never Crack our lineup 100% after this latest setback. The ship may have sailed on him and Pulk.

Yea definitely awful timing and luck for jurco, I'd hate to see us lose or give up on him. Pulk I could really do without, he's too easy to move off the puck

Sorry to hear hes injured. Its really going to make it harder to trade him which is what needs to be done. Hes had almost 150 games at the NHL level and all he has proven is that he cant produce at the NHL level. Not good enough to be a bottom 6 two way guy and not good enough offensively for top 6. If they can get a bag of pucks for him it would be a bonus. With Mantha, Nastasiak, and Holmstrom in the pipeline he doesnt have a spot. Id rather Frk get his chance over letting Jurco waste a 4th chance.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

...and so begins everyone's favorite back and forth:  Has Jurco received enough time to prove his worth/value/skill?

*grabs popcorn*

GO!

Haha not even worth it... Jurco obviously has no skill. Like I said, Ott / Miller clearly >>>>> Jurco...

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Haha not even worth it... Jurco obviously has no skill. Like I said, Ott / Miller clearly >>>>> Jurco...

I'm tempted, but you're right its not worth it. I do have a question though, last year when Jurco was on fire in the AHL, who was he playing with? Was it AA?

27 minutes ago, kliq said:

I'm tempted, but you're right its not worth it. I do have a question though, last year when Jurco was on fire in the AHL, who was he playing with? Was it AA?

Yes, Jurco played on a line with Athanasiou and Tangradi during that 5 game stint with GR last season. I hope he can put up similar numbers (5 goals, 4 assists in 5 games) in these couple games... Not bad for a player with no skill...

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, Jurco played on a line with Athanasiou and Tangradi during that 5 game stint with GR last season. I hope he can put up similar numbers (5 goals, 4 assists in 5 games) in these couple games... Not bad for a player with no skill...

That's what I thought. Maybe they put him on a line with AA and a guy like Abby.

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I feel like Jurco is the guy we'll lose in the expansion draft. I'm hoping it will be Sheahan or Howard, however. 

ONCE AGAIN, Holland loses the second coming of somebody for nothing!  :lol:

24 minutes ago, e_prime said:

ONCE AGAIN, Holland loses the second coming of somebody for nothing!  :lol:

ONCE AGAIN, you are prodding at some Jurco argument that absolutely nobody is making right now. 

As of right now, I wouldn't protect him either. I'm not complaining about it, I'm merely stating my expectations. I do, however, hope that he is given a look this season to determine if he does have value. Call me crazy, but I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. 

I was just kidding. ...and yes, I like to stoke the fires. Guilty as charged.  However...

I'm one of those that believe Holland hasn't lost much of anything for nothing. Sure, it'd be great if we never lost a prospect, but that's not how it works. 

Anyway... There's no reason that Jurco should be protected. I don't believe he's llkely to be claimed

Edited by e_prime

17 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I was just kidding. ...and yes, I like to stoke the fires. Guilty as charged.  However...

I'm one of those that believe Holland hasn't lost much of anything for nothing. Sure, it'd be great if we never lost a prospect, but that's not how it works. 

Anyway... There's no reason that Jurco should be protected. I don't believe he's llkely to be claimed

If the expansion draft were today, then of course he wouldn't / shouldn't be protected, and definitely wouldn't be claimed. However, there are 60+ games left to the season, and if Jurco is able to crack the lineup and maintain a spot for the rest of the season, there's no reason to think he couldn't out produce Sheahan (who most seem to believe will be the one claimed). Jurco does have the skill to play at the NHL level, the only questions are, does he have the compete level and mental toughness... Also, will Blashill give him the opportunity with capable line mates for more than one game...

By the way, Jurco scored the only goal last night for the Griffins, on the power-play, in a 3-1 loss. He also lead the team with 4 shots on goal.

Absolutely, with all of those qualifiers, we certainly would have to give pause for Jurco's future with the club.  Still, it would be doubtful that he'd be protected.  Unless we make a whole bunch of trades or other guys expose themselves to the draft.

Thankfully (?) the expansion draft isn't today.

Edited by e_prime

I'd agree that he probably won't be protected, but I'd definitely argue that being the right decision. IF Jurco manages to crack the lineup on a regular basis, and puts up decent numbers, I'd without question protect him over two or three guys that Holland will protect... 

Instead of making him Glendening Jr. put him with a couple guys who can score and LET HIM PLAY.  None of this "Jurco played really well, that's why I'm scratching him for the next 5 games" nonsense.  Don't bench him for a defensive mistake that you let Tatar and Nyquist get away with over and over.