• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jacksoni

2016 World Cup of Hockey thread

Rate this topic

Which team wins the World Cup of Hockey?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That suuuucks... Hopefully extra motivation. Larkin must be really disappointed hopefully he changes the coaches minds. This decision is purely based on hype

I don't know about that, probably based on how the coaches felt about him during their camp as well as his performance earlier this year at the World Championships....which was pretty good...I think he led Team USA in scoring.

Season hasn't even started and the slobbering on Mathews has already begun.

just wait till he scores his first goal, tsn will have it covered with at least 4 articles.

I know people are disappointed for Larkin..But this is great for him he doesn't get hurt and might play angry. I mean everyone knew the center position would be If McJesus - Eichel - Matthews.

I saw a 5 minute highlight of the USA-CAN game. It looked rough out there, they sure weren't holding back.

Also watched the FIN-SWE game. Less physicality but they didn't play soft. Those teams don't bully as much as the good old Canadians do. But both teams defenders went full on when hitting in the corners.

First game, but Canada looked awful at times. Better team won tonight.

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but other than the last 10 minutes of the 1st period, Canada dominated. Price was clearly rusty, in my opinion, all 3 goals were terrible...some could argue 1, but the other 2 were simply bad....he was rusty. Other than those 10 minutes in the 1st, Canada outshot them 41-7 I think.

Edit - I think was for sure though....that game was far more intense than the NA vs Europe game.

Edited by toby91_ca

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but other than the last 10 minutes of the 1st period, Canada dominated. Price was clearly rusty, in my opinion, all 3 goals were terrible...some could argue 1, but the other 2 were simply bad....he was rusty. Other than those 10 minutes in the 1st, Canada outshot them 41-7 I think.

Edit - I think was for sure though....that game was far more intense than the NA vs Europe game.

Well it deosn't matter how many shots, you still have to be ahead at the end of the third.

Sorry but shots don't do anything for me. Canadians did not dominate every minute outside of 10 minutes of the 1st either, so not sure what game you were watching.

Edited by DatsyukianDekes

Well it deosn't matter how many shots, you still have to be ahead at the end of the third.

Well, yeah. But if the opposition is outshooting you by a 2:1 margin...most nights, you're gonna lose. Unless, perhaps, your goalie is routinely sensational.

Canada should've won that game. And I say that as an America who was rooting for the Americans.

Well, yeah. But if the opposition is outshooting you by a 2:1 margin...most nights, you're gonna lose. Unless, perhaps, your goalie is routinely sensational.

Canada should've won that game. And I say that as an America who was rooting for the Americans.

Maybe they should have but they didn't. America isn't just going to roll over for the Canadians.

I think if Canada had a goalie that played more recently than Nov 2015, it would have been no contest. Shots are definitely not everything, but the game I watched was dominated by Canada, don't have to look at shot totals for that, the majority of the game appeared to be in the US end.