• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jacksoni

2016 World Cup of Hockey thread

Rate this topic

Which team wins the World Cup of Hockey?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel bad for Ovechkin because you just know he's going to be asked about the head to head with Crosby again after this game. This will be make Crosby 23-0 in the his last 23 games with Team Canada (ignoring exhibition games). 14-0 for Price. This is all their games, not against Russia.

Edit: I just checked, they've actually only played against each other 4 times in international competition, including tonight....Canada 4-0. 2005 World Juniors, 2010 Olympics, 2015 Word Championships and 2016 World Cup.

Edited by toby91_ca

Ovechkin and Malkin are total trash for the Russian team. These guys never show up in the biggest international competitions. Time to replace them with the younger guns. And as I stated earlier, Russia doesn't develop good defensemen. They had Marchenko on the team for Pete's sake.

Yes and Abdelkader is better than Kessel. Rock solid logic

Except that Sweden didn't expressly choose worse players like the US did. Lombardi even said so. Nobody thinks Abby is better than Kessel, including the people who picked him. He's worse, but tougher, and that apparently is what Lombardi's dumb ass wanted.

Sweden presumably chose their best, and Nyquist wasn't one of them. Though admittedly, he probably would have made Team Europe.

And Tatar probably wouldn't have made team Sweden either... Nyquist absolutely should have made that team over Kruger and I'd even argue a few others as well, Soderberg, Berglund, Backlund, Silvferberg...

You're one of the only people I've heard of that thinks Tatar is that much better than Nyquist. I'm not going to argue that Nyquist is better or vice versa, because they are very similar in overall skill level and ability. They've had very similar personal success thus far in their careers and I expect much of the same throughout their careers...

I think Tatar is a notch above Nyquist. They're similar types and I think their production will be fairly similar (depending on usage, of course).

The thing I notice about Tatar just seems to be a greater drive and he seems to create pressure and offensive more from my view. Maybe that can be represented by corsi or something. Nyquist's penchent for chicken-winging to get a hooking call and some diving has also kind of made me turn against him a bit, but that doesn't really make him a lesser player - it just bothers me. I know every player does it to a certain extent, but he does do it a lot.

Good for Tats in this tournament. Hopefully he and Mrazek will be boosted by some confidence going into the year

With Team Europe doing so well, I think it's good evidence against Frank and other's assertion that us getting a whole bunch more Michigan players will lead to better chemistry. Here you have players from 8 countries who seem to have found some pretty good chemistry.

Edit: I think it's interesting that the advisory board that helped chose the team included Lidstrom and Alfredsson and they must not have pushed for Nyquist. Then again, it's ultimately not their choice and Gus did have a down year.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Tatar and Nyquist are pretty much the same player. I mean one of them wasn't good enough to play for Sweden's national team, and the other just roasted that same Swedish team for two goals. Pretty much dead even to me lol.

Honest question. Who do you think is better, Silfverberg or Nyquist? From what I have seen of Silfverberg he hasn't impressed me.

Honest question. Who do you think is better, Silfverberg or Nyquist? From what I have seen of Silfverberg he hasn't impressed me.

I couldn't answer that question. I've never dug into Silfverbergs numbers or seen him play much in the same way I have for Nyquist and Tatar. If I find some time this week I'll give it a look and let you know.