• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jacksoni

2016 World Cup of Hockey thread

Rate this topic

Which team wins the World Cup of Hockey?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's funny, on sports radio one the way home last night they were talking about the busy sports scene in Toronto last night...World Cup of Hockey finals getting started and Blue Jays playing game 1 of their most important series of the year. However, I'm thinking about tomorrow, it's entirely possible that Team Canada will win the World Cup of Hockey and the Blue Jays will clinch a playoff spot, with both games in Toronto and finishing around the same time. I'm not going to go to either game and plan to be as far away from downtown as possible, the streets would be a nightmare to navigate.

Canada has become too boring at this level. Like watching Cena circa 2014. They're just burying everyone else. Funny how they always play the Canada Cup at home too. Like that's not a big advantage. :rolleyes:

The World Junior Championships are the only interesting international tournament right now. A different team seems to win it every year.

Canada has become too boring at this level. Like watching Cena circa 2014. They're just burying everyone else. Funny how they always play the Canada Cup at home too. Like that's not a big advantage. :rolleyes:

The World Junior Championships are the only interesting international tournament right now. A different team seems to win it every year.

I agree somewhat. Normally, the World Juniors is far higher on my list than any other international tournament. I have zero interest in the World Championships, literally zero, if the best players aren't playing, doesn't matter to me. I think the Olympics have trumped the World Juniors though....but World Juniors is always a great holiday tradition for me.

Seems like a different team wins every year lately, although, with most guys only having the opportunity in a 2 year window, the teams change so much, there are some waves in results. It wasn't that long ago, 2005-2009 that Canada won 5 in a row. Only once in the last 4 years have they finished with a medal (silver), before that, they had a stretch of 14 years in a row with a medal.

Edited by toby91_ca

Price looking priceless. We will pay for that. Unless he's hurt again the 'Monreál Canadíen' will be above us when this year concludes.

*mumbling something about the french*

Edited by Jacksoni

Canada could have two teams and they'd most likely meet at the finals

For all practical purposes, Canada DID have two teams (maybe 1 1/2). Only one is in the finals, though ;)

Edited by sibiriak

He's playing behind a ridiculous defense.

yeah that slow mtl defense is gonna get lit up I don't see them being much better than the wings unless Galchenyuk takes the next step

Price is good but I don't see them magically being able to score goals this year especially with PK gone and that defense isn't very good. Not convinced Weber changes much on that team they'll be lucky if he matches PKs production and I can easily see Radulov just replacing Ellers production

Gary Bettman actually coming off pretty well in this interview

I was not impressed with his comments about how this was better than the Olympics regarding Babcock's comment that the Olympics were a bigger deal to play in. (Paraphrasing)

Bettman seemed to have idea about what it means to play in the Friggin OLYMPICS. He just went on about how this was better because it had more NHL players, NHL refs, NHL rules... blah blah blah.

Dude, that doesn't make it better, nor a bigger deal. That just makes it NHLier.

Aside from that, I didn't want to claw my ears off toooooooo badly. ;)