• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

Dan Cleary Gets Training Camp Tryout

Rate this topic

No, but it still doesn't make sense. But I guess it's not Holland's money. He showed how fast he could burn through cap this offseason.

Loyalty to someone like Cleary, does make a difference to other players that sign here.. Maybe small but it counts as a class act team that will take care of its players.. Give him a shot at an NHL contract somewhere or end up in the minors again (most likely the case)

I'd rather have cleary as a 14th forward at $950,000 than Helm taking a kids spot on the 3rd line at $3.8M. But whatever, cleary will get his money from last season and be sent to GR just like before.

It is hilariously asinine though. Holland really does need to be fired.

I'd rather have cleary as a 14th forward at $950,000 than Helm taking a kids spot on the 3rd line at $3.8M. But whatever, cleary will get his money from last season and be sent to GR just like before.

It is hilariously asinine though. Holland really does need to be fired.

Only on Letsgowings.com would the ramifications to a PTO be a firing of the GM lol. I guess this thread didnt have have its Helm quota yet.

I fully support Dan Cleary in his aspirations and wish him the very best of luck with making the team. To me it's quite simple: if he makes the team on performance, he belongs.

Now skate like the wind Danny boy!

Gotta be able to stand on skates to skate like the wind

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/9/13/12905316/dan-cleary-red-wings-preseason-veteran-minimum

Good article that explains the perceived insanity and shows why there may be a method to this madness. That being said, it does add fodder to the "I hate Cleary" argument, which never seems to get old. Blame Kenny, blame Babs, blame whoever, so long as it's a bandaid and doesn't impede any young players progress.

On that note, personally i think he only belongs behind a bench not on the ice.