• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VikingGirl

Kyle Quincey

Rate this topic

LeftWinger, you want Russell because of his penalty killing and shot blocking but you want nothing to do with Helm, who is one of the better penalty killers in the league? Makes sense...

I'm talking D. I'd rather have AA up centering the 3rd line. Plus too too much money and too long and a NTC.

We had a pretty bad PK last season after Miller went down, so Helm didn't help that much. But with a D man who is better a the PK than most of our current D, Russell would make it better. I'd still rather go big for The Targets, but Russell would be better than E.

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm aware that Russell is a defenseman. So you only value penalty killing in defensemen? Great penalty killing forwards don't really matter right?

See edit.

Our PK was horrible after Miller went down. Helm did not help. Our current group of D did crappy as well. If we aren't going to be able to get either of the two guys we've been talking about all summer, Russell would be an upgrade on the PK on the D. Helm is Helm, he is just getting more money now....way more...way too much more.

You're right, the team as a whole didn't do great short handed with Helm in the lineup, but I attribute that to the system we were implementing not the players we were using. We have been way too passive on the penalty kill and I believe that Houda will make the appropriate adjustments, which will make our penalty kill better defensively as well as more dangerous offensively. There's a reason we've been toward the bottom of the league every year in short handed goals for and Boston has been toward the top, and that's coaching and systems. Helm has been one of the best in the league in short handed advanced stats such as icorsi and ifenwick. He is a great penalty killer, and a very important player to this team, but just keep turning a blind eye, and continue with the whole "Helm sucks, is an overpaid 4th liner" nonsense...

Just so it's out there, I wasn't the one who brought up helm in this thread.

I just simply was stating i believe Russell would help our PK and defensive corps. More so than the current unit we have. I also said that I'd much rather have trouba and/or Fowler, but if we're not getting either of them, Russell is a nice option to improve our D, PK, and shot blocking on the defensive side of the puck. Never mentioned forwards.

You as much as anyone, complain when we lose kids on waivers, but now we should sign a mediocre defenseman and waive all three of Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen? I'd take any of those three over Kris Russell, and they'd come a hell of a lot cheaper as well... Signing a mediocre player is the last thing a team with our log jam at all positions needs. One thing we do agree on though is that we should be going hard after an upgrade on defense, via trade.

You as much as anyone, complain when we lose kids on waivers, but now we should sign a mediocre defenseman and waive all three of Sproul, Ouellet and Jensen? I'd take any of those three over Kris Russell, and they'd come a hell of a lot cheaper as well... Signing a mediocre player is the last thing a team with our log jam at all positions needs. One thing we do agree on though is that we should be going hard after an upgrade on defense, via trade.

I also said in my original post, if Holland isn't going to keep the kids around...

I for one, if we aren't making a trade, would love to go with all three kids if Kronwall and E are out.

DD - Marchenko

Smith - Green

XO - Sproul

Jensen

It could up their trade value or allow Kronwall and E plenty of healing time or best case scenario, show that they are better and show we don't need broken down players anymore.

Edited by LeftWinger

Is Kris Russell related to him? Kurt Russell is Canadian, isn't he? Or at least someone in his family is. I remember he had a kid playing hockey in Canada or something.

You're thinking of Wyatt Russel, he's no longer playing hockey and is an actor now. His biggest role that I know is he played the QB in "22 Jump Street" (the guy who had the bro-mance with Channing Tatum)

Edited by kliq

To be fair, He did earn that first $6.25 million two year deal the Avs signed him too. Once Holland traded a first for him, the way he had played in LA and Colorado, and with the way the D was in Detroit, he was resigned for a bit more than his previous contract. His final Wings contract was steep, but he wanted more money, and Holland really had no choice with the D still under par and not being able to sign any free agents. Quincey walking would have left a hole, sad as that is.

I figured he wasn't going to be resigned this season, and i'm glad to see he won't be. The kids are ready to step in, and Quincey isn't worth $4.5 million a season. That was proven when he finally got signed during training camps for $3 million less. Holland knew when to let go this time.

Quincey scored a beauty last night.. Unbelievable ability to find the puck in his skates, kick it from one foot to the other, up to his stick for the wide open net. May be the nicest goal I've ever seen him score...

Check it out...

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/embed/hVkDBNgs59c&ved=0ahUKEwiz6dDkvr3QAhUs6IMKHSVLCOMQo7QBCBowAA&usg=AFQjCNEnsU_r6unUtBanGLduhhAYpOkoXw