• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VikingGirl

Kyle Quincey

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Meant in a good way or bad way?

Well if I used wrestling to speak to explain the feelings about KFQ around here, I would say this. Quincey was a tweener on the Wings for years, then when he signed his 2 year contract after the 2014 season, he did a full-out heel turn to join Holland and Cleary as the heel stable on the Wings. (someone made a pretty funny zoolander gif with them). But then last year KFQ turned face as he and DD were an excellent second pairing for us. So I think most now look at Quincey in a positive light, but nobody will forget his heel run. Dickie's comments, I would assume are more pertaining to the heel Qunicey.

lol anyone that doesn't know wrestling is going to wonder "what the F is he talking about".

23 minutes ago, kliq said:

Well if I used wrestling to speak to explain the feelings about KFQ around here, I would say this. Quincey was a tweener on the Wings for years, then when he signed his 2 year contract after the 2014 season, he did a full-out heel turn to join Holland and Cleary as the heel stable on the Wings. (someone made a pretty funny zoolander gif with them). But then last year KFQ turned face as he and DD were an excellent second pairing for us. So I think most now look at Quincey in a positive light, but nobody will forget his heel run. Dickie's comments, I would assume are more pertaining to the heel Qunicey.

lol anyone that doesn't know wrestling is going to wonder "what the F is he talking about".

I kinda like it. In the positive way I mean. HFZ, DFL, NFK, JFH... I vote all players should have said pejorative as their middle name

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs
Woulda given my sons that middle name, but I know my b**** wife wouldve nixed that fun

7 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

If they'd just kept Quincey instead of Derek (f-ing) Meech like they should have back in 2008 or whenever that was, that crap trade never happens.  Mistake upon mistake.  Say what you will about KFQ, but he's better than DFM.

Yeah, I'm more of a Sergei Kolosov kinda guy

2 hours ago, barabbas16 said:

If they'd just kept Quincey instead of Derek (f-ing) Meech like they should have back in 2008 or whenever that was, that crap trade never happens.  Mistake upon mistake.  Say what you will about KFQ, but he's better than DFM.

Why have either of those players?  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why have either of those players?  

Well, because you need more than 6 defensemen and mid-late round draft pick rookies are cheap.  Plus, Quincey got the call in the 07 playoffs over Meech and filled in decently.  Anyway, I don't think there's much argument that Quincey's 08-10 for LA/Colorado was better than what Meech brought to the table for Detroit during that time period.  .... Also, as I said, if they had kept Quincey then, they wouldn't have traded a 1st round pick to get him back 3 or 4 years later.

29 minutes ago, barabbas16 said:

Well, because you need more than 6 defensemen and mid-late round draft pick rookies are cheap.  Plus, Quincey got the call in the 07 playoffs over Meech and filled in decently.  Anyway, I don't think there's much argument that Quincey's 08-10 for LA/Colorado was better than what Meech brought to the table for Detroit during that time period.  .... Also, as I said, if they had kept Quincey then, they wouldn't have traded a 1st round pick to get him back 3 or 4 years later.

Instead we would've traded the 1st for Derek Meech

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Instead we would've traded the 1st for Derek Meech

Are you implying that, had their situations been reversed, Meech would've had the same or similar success as Quincey did in LA and Colorado?