• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/2 Exhibition GDT : Chicago Blackhawks at Red Wings, 6:00 EST

Rate this topic

Nice one timer by Frk. Kid can really shoot the biscuit.

That's the exact type of thing that Pulkkinen needs to do at this level. Unfortunately he might be a bit too slow and/or small to go into traffic and get a shot off like that.

Edited by kipwinger

Disappointed in the AA-Larkin-Mantha line. They're pretty bad defensively and maintaining possession against AHL competition

It will probably drive people here nuts all season but the Wings may have one of the best 4th lines in the NHL. I know I know it's only preseason

Mantha knocks home a rebound on the PP.

5-2 Wings

And now a fight. Callahan representing well with a good right hand. There you go boys!

Edited by NotTooAbby

I'm not going to lie, there will be no easy roster decisions. The Ott-Glendening-Miller line has looked great and produced. Mantha and Athanasiou have looked good. Callahan definitely deserves time on our 4th line. There's a ton of competition and there just isn't enough room for everyone. I'd love to see all of these guys on the opening night roster.

was at the game today, il tell you....that 4th line looks pretty good, aa needs to be on this team, Mantha sometimes looks like hes not trying (i thought it was just on t.v.) but hes a big net front guy as you see on the pp...OPEN TO TRADING MANTHA for trouba. Also our D looked like garbage today. DD got caught out of position, smith a bunch of giveaways and sproul has a cannon however he had a bad giveaway that led to i think the third goal.

I agree kip, Jensen looked awful in the game the other night. I've been very impressed with Frk, in tonight's game in particular. Sproul looked solid, not spectacular, but I'd love to see those two make the opening night roster, two right handed weapons on the power-play...

Disappointed in the AA-Larkin-Mantha line. They're pretty bad defensively and maintaining possession against AHL competition

It will probably drive people here nuts all season but the Wings may have one of the best 4th lines in the NHL. I know I know it's only preseason

It's only the preseason. And we have yet to face actual 2 NHL lines in a game. Edited by kickazz

Nice one timer by Frk. Kid can really shoot the biscuit.

That's the exact type of thing that Pulkkinen needs to do at this level. Unfortunately he might be a bit too slow and/or small to go into traffic and get a shot off like that.

And the knock on Frk was that his skating wasn't great. It's still not, but I think he's improved big time there.

I agree kip, Jensen looked awful in the game the other night. I've been very impressed with Frk, in tonight's game in particular. Sproul looked solid, not spectacular, but I'd love to see those two make the opening night roster, two right handed weapons on the power-play...

Technically, they could still have two right-handed weapons on the PP, but it's not like Pulkkinen did himself any favors last season. I think only one of Frk/Sproul make the opening night roster, though. Once Jurco returns (barring additional injuries, but who am I kidding, right?) I'm assuming the player who makes the team is going to get waived.

Edited by Jesusberg

If Jensen has looked like hot garbage, then Erection is the gooey tar like substance that is left over on the ground after the hot garbage is picked up...

Jensen had one bad giveaway in one game, he's hardly hot garbage. Of the 3, he is probably the one going to get waived first, and honestly, although I'd like him to remain in the organization, I hope he gets claimed so he can play. He's probably tired of the hot garbage Ken Holland. Every one of the 3 kids ALL deserve a spot over Erection, and until healthy, Kronwall. Erection should've been off this team this time last season...

Frk absolutely deserves to be here and WILL get claimed if waived. Bananas I tell you, that is what the reaction would be. I know he'll more than likely be the 13th guy, but we need to keep him off waivers, he will not clear.

I get that Ericsson is one of the players on your hit list and you like to call him out as often as you can, but Ericsson did not look bad in the two games he played. He actually looked the way we should want / expect him to play. Solid in his own end, no noticeable gaffes, and capable of eating up minutes in the bottom 4. And by the way, despite what your biased opinion says, Ericsson was better than Jensen in both games they played. Don't get me wrong, I'd still take Jensen on this team over Ericsson without a second thought, but in this very small sample size of pre-season games, Ericsson > Jensen...

Jesusberg, I agree that that's likely what will happen, I just don't agree that that's what should happen. I know it's too early to tell with either, but I'd personally take Frk over Pulkkinen if it came down to one or the other right now.

I think Sproul should be on this team come opening night, even if it is as a number 7. Although it would sting a little, I'd be able to stomach losing Frk to waivers. It's way too early to give up on Sproul though, and if he's waived, that's exactly what we'd be doing, because there's no chance he clears waivers.

If Jensen has looked like hot garbage, then Erection is the gooey tar like substance that is left over on the ground after the hot garbage is picked up...

Jensen had one bad giveaway in one game, he's hardly hot garbage. Of the 3, he is probably the one going to get waived first, and honestly, although I'd like him to remain in the organization, I hope he gets claimed so he can play. He's probably tired of the hot garbage Ken Holland. Every one of the 3 kids ALL deserve a spot over Erection, and until healthy, Kronwall. Erection should've been off this team this time last season...

Frk absolutely deserves to be here and WILL get claimed if waived. Bananas I tell you, that is what the reaction would be. I know he'll more than likely be the 13th guy, but we need to keep him off waivers, he will not clear.

I'm not saying he doesn't have upside, but he's had one solid season in the AHL. Don't get me wrong, I've been impressed with him this preseason. Outside of appreciating his ability to shoot the puck, I think his skating has improved leaps and bounds. He cut across the offensive zone last night to throw a hit and I was shocked at how quickly he got to his man. But if the reaction to losing a 13-14th guy is to go bananas...

I agree that some GM might pluck him off of waivers. Although, I think he'll have a better shot clearing before the season, as opposed to when Jurco returns sometime in November. Usually teams are so busy sorting out their own prospects/players at the beginning of the season that there's a better chance of guys clearing waivers. By November, teams could be looking at injury issues, underperforming players, etc.

Krsmith. I think Ouellet's pretty much a "lock" for that number seven spot on defense. I've been a huge fan of Sproul ever since they drafted him, but I still think he's got some positional and skating issues. As much as Ouellet lacks the flash, he just plays smart, quiet hockey. That's pretty much what KH and company value above all else.

Teams could very well consider picking Sproul off waivers, but I don't think it's an absolute certainty that he'll get claimed. Much like Frk, I think he'd have a better chance of clearing before the season starts. I've got a gut feeling that the Wings will roll eight defensemen to start the season, though.

Edited by Jesusberg

I agree, but this notion that Ouellet is a "lock to make the team" over Sproul is what frustrates the hell out of me. And I'm not just talking about you saying it, it's what every Red Wings reporter is saying. Khan writes it in every other article...

I think Sproul has been the far better player in training camp as well as the two preseason games they played. 2 assists, 9 shots, +2 vs. 1 assist, 3 shots, even +/-. F*** always taking the safe player. We need defensemen that are willing to take risks jumping up in the play to create offense. I just wish our system would allow these types of players to play their game and get the offense going...

Anyway, for me it's Sproul >>> Ouellet and it's not even close...