• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Pulkkinen claimed by Minnesota Wild

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

For those keeping score at home, the Red Wings have lost Landon Ferraro, Martin Frk, Andrej Nestrasil and Teemu Pulkkinen to waivers and have had zero return for them.

Thanks a lot, Holland...

So basically we lost nothing?

I really can't see there being a trade in the works, especially at this point when rosters have to be finalized to fit the 23 man roster. It is quite odd though that we just waived two players that everyone knew would be claimed, all to get down to the now 22 man roster, with Kronwall on IR...

16 minutes ago, Jedi said:

For those keeping score at home, the Red Wings have lost Landon Ferraro, Martin Frk, Andrej Nestrasil and Teemu Pulkkinen to waivers and have had zero return for them.

Thanks a lot, Holland...

The same Ferraro who just got waived, frk who has not played 1 game in the NHL, nestrasil who only scored 9 goals last year and pulkkinen who blows

Fire Holland lol

I'm not all torn up about losing those guys, but I'm definitely confused about some of the roster moves. Generally I'm in the, "OK, let's wait and see where this goes", but I'm not entirely sure what's going on right now.

I think waiving Frk/Pulkkinen makes some sense if they intend on keeping eight defensemen long term. If they value Jurco over Frk/Pulkkinen, it makes sense to have AA there, so they can send him down in November. They have a lot more options up front, so perhaps it's a matter of the team valuing Sproul over Frk/Pulkkinen, considering the current state of the defense.

I'm not entirely sure why they waived Pulkkinen if Kronwall was heading for IR, though. Unless they didn't think they would have to place Kronner on IR? I don't even know...

3 minutes ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Right here... what did he do wrong? Pulkkinen is awful

What did he do wrong? How about letting someone like that go for free without even getting a 2nd...3rd of 4 rd out of him thats what. He could of gotten something. Holland is a joke period. He waits around too long to do anything until it's too late. He didn't see this coming? really?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

4 minutes ago, Jesusberg said:

I'm not entirely sure why they waived Pulkkinen if Kronwall was heading for IR, though. Unless they didn't think they would have to place Kronner on IR? I don't even know...

That's the weird thing. There is something coming up. Trade or from GR.

Pretty much everything already said on this issue. That guys like Frk and Pulkinnen end up on waivers shows two things for me. First that Hollands roster management is questionable at the moment. And that our scouting picked the wrong guys from 2010 to 2013 or so. If that is because the players needed for the game have changed, scouting just got worse, bad luck or a combination of all three I don't know. But we didn't get what we needed out of those drafts for sure and that hurts us now.

3 minutes ago, hillbillywingsfan said:

What did he do wrong? How about letting someone like that go for free without even getting a 2nd...3rd of 4 rd out of him thats what. He could of gotten something. Holland is a joke period. He waits around too long to do anything until it's too late. He didn't see this coming? really?

He tried to trade him but no one wanted him

1 minute ago, amato said:

blash said pulk was waived so one of mantha or AA could start with the wings.. mantha has been reassigned to GR, so looks like AA starts the season on the roster. 

AA just looks awesome. I love that guy. Just wish we could keep a big body like mantha up as well.

Yeah, def not good to lose our higher picks/top prospects for nothing, especially as a team who's game plan is building through draft and development.  I mean, hindsight it's always easier to say management should have done this instead, but I think with how often we are investing in our top picks and then we don't do anything beneficial with our investments I think looking harder into trading some of our "promising" prospects for established NHLers is something Holland and co should start considering a little more in the future.  Sure we might trade away a future star, but the odds are probably at least a bit higher that we are trading away a fringe NHLer, at least based on the recent waiver claim history.

Having said that, I am glad that space was made for AA.  He is clearly an NHL player and one the Wings could definitely use this year.

3 minutes ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

He tried to trade him but no one wanted him

Well when you wait until teams find out that you are up against it then yea no team is going to give you anything for them when all they have to do is wait until you have to waive them. How is our D doing since Lids left? Holland is an idiot who waits to long to make some moves for the future. He waits until its too late and then teams screw the wings and all Holland does is bend over and smile.

Kronwall isn't expected to be out long. Would've saved him a few days at best. Regardless, it's obvious the team didn't see a role for Pulk here, so there's no reason to keep him. Sure, maybe we could have gotten a low pick, but that's hardly worth getting upset over.

We have never had a problem getting good players for the middle and bottom of the roster. Even last year when our offense sucked our scoring depth was well above average. I am probably the biggest Pulk supporter here, but I don't think having him in the pressbox or on the 4th-line would have made any difference. 

It's been said ad nauseam, but our problems are at the top of the roster. It's extremely unlikely that Pulk (or Frk) would have helped that. AA might though, so we should probably be happy that he's on the team (at least until Jurco is healthy).