• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Pulkkinen claimed by Minnesota Wild

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Well they are coming off a 5-1 win.

I know.  A 5-1 win in which their entire top six looked abysmal.  You can't expect defensemen to score hat tricks too often.  Nor your 3rd line to continue to be the different maker all season.  We need our top six to be good.  They aren't...yet.

I found this amusing;

After the Wild game where Pookie scored, the post-game show host was listing off the scorers.  He couldn't remember Pookie's name so he paused and said, "That Finnish kid we traded for."
I immediately corrected him, of course, but since I am in my living room and he is a couple hundred miles away he didn't notice.
Then I thought about it.  They bought out Vanek and claimed Pookie.  Pookie has taken Vanek's place on the 4th line.  (Note:  4th line at the end of the season.  I don't remember where Vanek was at the beginning of the season.)
For them, it was almost like a trade.  They sent us a 4th line winger and got a 4th line winger in return.  We, on the other hand, got a 2nd liner who is producing and let go a Press Box Boy.  People may be upset that we didn't get anything in return, but if you consider it as a trade-off, we definitely got the better end of the deal.

And, for the record, the Press Box Boys would be a great name for a band.

7 hours ago, 55fan said:

I found this amusing;

After the Wild game where Pookie scored, the post-game show host was listing off the scorers.  He couldn't remember Pookie's name so he paused and said, "That Finnish kid we traded for."
I immediately corrected him, of course, but since I am in my living room and he is a couple hundred miles away he didn't notice.
Then I thought about it.  They bought out Vanek and claimed Pookie.  Pookie has taken Vanek's place on the 4th line.  (Note:  4th line at the end of the season.  I don't remember where Vanek was at the beginning of the season.)
For them, it was almost like a trade.  They sent us a 4th line winger and got a 4th line winger in return.  We, on the other hand, got a 2nd liner who is producing and let go a Press Box Boy.  People may be upset that we didn't get anything in return, but if you consider it as a trade-off, we definitely got the better end of the deal.

And, for the record, the Press Box Boys would be a great name for a band.

Especially if Drew Miller was the front man. 

33 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Especially if Drew Miller was the front man. 

Hey now.  Don't be nagging on my man there.  He looked pretty good last night.  He's a Penalty Killer who chips in an occasional goal.

Jimmy and the Penalty Killers would have been a great band after last game.

I'm not sure if Pookie kills penalties, but he was on the 2nd PP unit for Minny the other night.  Still, I'll take a good PK guy any day of the week given how low our scoring usually is.  Can't give the opponent any extra goals.

2 hours ago, 55fan said:

Hey now.  Don't be nagging on my man there.  He looked pretty good last night.  He's a Penalty Killer who chips in an occasional goal.

Jimmy and the Penalty Killers would have been a great band after last game.

I'm not sure if Pookie kills penalties, but he was on the 2nd PP unit for Minny the other night.  Still, I'll take a good PK guy any day of the week given how low our scoring usually is.  Can't give the opponent any extra goals.

Sure Drew can kill penalties. But so can Helm, Abby, Sheahan, disney.com, Nielsen. AA and Larkin should also be seeing some PK time with their speed. All Miller is doing is keeping a guy like Mantha in the AHL when he should be learning to play at the NHL level. 

Having guys like Miller on the ice means you usually aren't playing WITH the puck very much. Our 4th line would score even more if a guy like Sheahan was on it instead. 

For the record, I do not hate Drew Miller. I've stuck up for him a lot in the past. But the team is at a point where they just don't need him anymore. 

Edited by marcaractac

Just now, joesuffP said:

He should just go overseas. Feel bad for the guy

Yeah, don't get my snark wrong.  I wish no ill will towards the dude.  Good luck Pulkkannnonn.  Where-ever you may roam!

49 minutes ago, amato said:

I feel like if Holland can claim him and send him to Grand Rapids he wouldn't think twice.. I'm sure he was hoping pulk would make it there in the first place. 

Don't see why we wouldn't be be able to claim him? 

If we do claim him and actually get him, does that mean we have to place him on waivers again?

I guess this debunks the 30-day thing that's been talked about.

As I understand the rule; if we were to be the only team to put in a claim for him, we could send him to GR without waivers.

Not sure what would happen if someone else puts in a claim as well. Whether we would waive him again, or if he'd go right to the other team.

If we can, we definitely should. I still believe he can be a good player. He's only been skating for about a month after his injury.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

If we can, we definitely should. I still believe he can be a good player. He's only been skating for about a month after his injury

If we picked him back up he'd be behind Mantha, Jurco, and probably Bertuzzi on the depth chart. If I were him I'd hope to get picked up somewhere else or pack it in.

3 hours ago, kliq said:

If we do claim him and actually get him, does that mean we have to place him on waivers again?

If we submit a claim and we are the only team to submit a claim then he goes right to Grand Rapids. Otherwise he has to go through waivers again.