• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Pulkkinen claimed by Minnesota Wild

Rate this topic

The way I understand it is that the only way we could have gotten Pulkkinen back in Grand Rapids is if we were the only team to put a claim in on him. If any team before us in the order did, they would get him. If any team after us in the order did, we would get him, but he'd have to stay in Detroit, counting against our cap (which we don't have)... The only thing I'm confused about is, if there's no minimum day / game rule that he must stay on the roster, couldn't we just hope we were the only team that put a claim in on him (we would have been), and if we weren't, just waive him again right away?..

That would be pretty rough for the kid though, being waived three times in the span of a few weeks...

Just wanted to mention Pulks cleared waivers today. Thought we might submit a claim, but apparently we didn't. Minny fans saying the same things we said. Doesn't have the skill set of a bottom 6 player. Doesn't have enough talent to be a top 6 player.

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Strange move. Why didn't Arizona put a claim in on him? Not that it matters. I doubt Arizona will ever have to give up anything in the way of "future considerations"...

If they had claimed him on waivers he would have to start in the NHL or pass through waivers again to go to the AHL. Because he was traded for he can now go directly to the AHL.

Since he's passed through waivers, the Coyotes can send him down and call him up for the next 10 games/30 days, which gives them some added flexibility going into the deadline. Seeing as they didn't really give up anything significant in return anyways, it's a bit better to acquire him in a trade after he's passed waivers than it would've been yesterday off waivers.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Going back and reading through this thread, its pretty funny how upset some people were with losing Pulkkinen and Frk through waivers.

If you want to criticize Holland, cool, there are many moves he has made that are definitely worth debating good or bad. As far as these two being waived being a mistake, at this point it is not even debatable, they hold zero value, or at best "future considerations" lol.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd still take either on this team over Miller or Ott, but that's just me...

Well Miller has no value as well lol. I would take Frk over either though, Pulkkinen I'm starting to think just isnt an NHL player. too one dimensional. 

Still think they should have traded him in 2015 and gotten something for it. No hindsight either, I called it that he wasn't an NHL player well before that. Small one-dimensional NHL players rarely work and when you add the combination of the Red Wings mind-set they for sure will never work. We're too defensive (traditional defense) minded in our coaching styles. 

Sheahan could be the next Pulkinnen in a couple of years (put on waivers); although being a center I think he will still have some value. If it were me, I would have traded Sheahan this deadline because I predict he has a higher chance of not panning out for us (speaking purely in terms of probability). He just doesn't seem to fit into any particular role. A big guy that doesn't use his size, not particularly good as an offensive center, not much of a grinder; has a good wrist shot but not the hockey IQ to find the openings for it. We'll see in a couple of years if I'm right. 

Obviously I hope I'm wrong about him for the teams sake. 

Edited by kickazz

On 3/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, WingsallTheway said:

Pulks has more goals than Sheahan

Well, I've played exactly ZERO games in the NHL this season and I have the same number of goals as Sheahan... so I've got that going for me. Wait, what were we talking about?

On 2017-03-02 at 10:37 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Add to the fact that we already have 17 other skaters that play 6 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter than they actually are.  Between Nyquist, Tatar, Miller, and Pulkkinen, you had about 1 ml of testosterone.

LOL Truth.

OMG HOW COULD HOLLAND LOSE HIM FOR NOTHING 40 GOAL A YEAR GUY BECAUSE HE WAS COMPARED TO BRETT HULL ONCE EVEN THOUGH HE CAN'T SCORE AS MUCH AS (former Griffin, 3 pts in 3 games in GR) JODY HULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!