• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Frk claimed by the Carolina Hurricanes

Rate this topic

Holland cannot trade these guys because GM'S know he's going to lose them to waivers every year. He will not be able to trade Sproul either, teams are salivating at the chance to get him for nothing when Kronwall comes back. Just so we can play Ericsson every game. Just wait until Holland protects both Kronwall and Ericsson come expansion draft.

In other news, Darren Helm is fast. 

On 10/11/2016 at 8:47 AM, kliq said:

As long as Illitch is the owner of this team, this is not going to happen. I'm not sure if you follow baseball Frank, but last year at the trade deadline the Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski wanted to sell as the Tigers were not going to make the playoffs. Long story short, word is that Illitch was so pissed at this, it led to DD's ousting as GM. I believe Holland has 2 mandates from ownership...1) Make the Playoffs, 2) Build a winner. It is very hard to to do both at the same time. With that being said, I am not for tanking. I think many teams try this and fail miserably creating a losing culture for a long long long time. However, I do think there are some moves that we make that do hurt long term. I personally wish we didnt sign Vanek and played Mantha top 6 or top 9, I wish we didnt sign Ott, put Sheahan on 4th line and played AA on the third line, I would bench E for XO, and I would rotate Sproul into the lineup somehow. I didnt love the Nielson signing, but I dont hate it as it gives Larkin some time to mature into the role of 1C.

I agree that we do need to find a top caliber d-man. Hopefully other teams balk at Winnipeg's demands and we somehow pull-off a trade for Trouba.

Sorry for the late answer (very busy time atm), nope I don't follow Baseball I tried but for whatever reason there are too many minutes were absolutely nothing happens. As far as I'm concerned Mr. I owns the NBA, NFL and MLB teams from Detroit too right? That's exactly my concern I wish he would focus on making the Red Wings great again, the MLB doesn't have a salary cap so it should be easier to make that team a strong contender. 

The problem for me is, that Holland doesn't seem to have a clear direction in mind. If you want to go for it, go for it fine...but if not don't just be a middle of the pack team be bad and build something that can sustain itself for a long period of time. My fear is that the Wings might become the Canucks of the east...I know a lot of you don't share that opinion but looking at the rosters it's pretty close...Wings have 1 (in words one) highend talent (Larkin), Canucks have Horvat...Wings have one bonafide top pairing guy (Dekeyser), Canucks have Tanev...other than that both teams are pretty thin prospectwise.

I fully agree with your assessment, this would have been a great year to let AA and Mantha learn the ropes of the NHL game,

As far as Winnipeg I have a feeling at least one team will meet their asking price, Cheveldayoff knows Trouba is worth it and sadly most do all the other GMs in the league. A young bonafide top 4 defenseman (with number 1 upside), good size and in his prime that's going to cost a lot.

Anywaay I don't understand Minnesotta taking Pulkinnen, their team is overall already to small and other than his shot he doesn't add much to their lineup, maybe Fletsher sees something in him. 

Lefty, we don't have to worry about waiving Sproul or anyone when Kronwall comes back because he's on IR not LTIR. Although he's not currently on the 23-man roster, his full cap hit still counts against the cap. So once Kronwall comes back, we can just send Pasquale back down to Grand Rapids. My biggest concern is, once Kronwall does come back, Sproul could be a healthy scratch every night, despite being a better option than some others (Ericsson) in the lineup. Also once Kronwall comes back will we continue to go with 13 forwards and 8 defensemen? I guess that depends on other injuries... Regardless, we shouldn't have to waive anyone else until Jurco is ready to come off LTIR, which isn't for another couple months, and by that time someone else will likely be injured anyway...

As far as the expansion draft goes, and despite the questionable calls Holland has made, I'd be shocked if he protects both Kronwall and Ericsson. He may even (should) leave them both unprotected...

19 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Yes, they wouldn't HAVE given up a 7th, because he didn't have enough value to trade an asset, and they obviously didn't think enough of him to want him unless they could have him for free.

I'm sorry don't buy it , we'll never know for certain but I can definetly see nhl management deciding they like a player so much they'd rather risk it and hope a player passes waivers than get a 7th rounder which in all likely hood will never play a game in the nhl ....im sure that s*** happens

32 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'm thinking we need Ericsson to break his leg 

Holland 's leg or Kronwall's? :lol:

Krsmith, yes I agree neither should be protected. If we aren't acquiring anyone, they should protect DD, Sproul, XO. Of course that leaves Marchenko exposed.

Cannot protect everyone, the fact that when we waive such players with potential  and they are picked up says a lot 

I am thinking no team would trade for these players due to possibly losing out on their own potential prospects 

AA and Mantha have more upside and potential than Pulks or Frk, but Frk baffles me that he wasn't protected

All I know there needs to be a change on the back end and if we loose a handful of good players upfront for the backend to be upgraded, so be it 

Kenny is walking a very fine line and should be on a very short leash 

Think everyone hear is frustrated when we lose someone for nothing and the current state of the team, it is a transition as fans have been spoiled for so long, change in a tough way is not always easy to swallow 

I cannot fathom what it feels like to a native of Toronto and watching the Leafs every year 

Exactly. People act like this is the end of the world. This is such a small issue when compared to the big picture of building a new core. How Larkin, Mantha, AA, Mrazek and even DD progress is the most important thing for the team right now. Once those guys are established NHLers the team will have way more options then they have in a very long time

Edited by joesuffP

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'm sorry don't buy it , we'll never know for certain but I can definetly see nhl management deciding they like a player so much they'd rather risk it and hope a player passes waivers than get a 7th rounder which in all likely hood will never play a game in the nhl ....im sure that s*** happens

It does, just not with Frk or Pulk

15 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Sorry for the late answer (very busy time atm), nope I don't follow Baseball I tried but for whatever reason there are too many minutes were absolutely nothing happens. As far as I'm concerned Mr. I owns the NBA, NFL and MLB teams from Detroit too right? That's exactly my concern I wish he would focus on making the Red Wings great again, the MLB doesn't have a salary cap so it should be easier to make that team a strong contender. 

The problem for me is, that Holland doesn't seem to have a clear direction in mind. If you want to go for it, go for it fine...but if not don't just be a middle of the pack team be bad and build something that can sustain itself for a long period of time. My fear is that the Wings might become the Canucks of the east...I know a lot of you don't share that opinion but looking at the rosters it's pretty close...Wings have 1 (in words one) highend talent (Larkin), Canucks have Horvat...Wings have one bonafide top pairing guy (Dekeyser), Canucks have Tanev...other than that both teams are pretty thin prospectwise.

I fully agree with your assessment, this would have been a great year to let AA and Mantha learn the ropes of the NHL game,

As far as Winnipeg I have a feeling at least one team will meet their asking price, Cheveldayoff knows Trouba is worth it and sadly most do all the other GMs in the league. A young bonafide top 4 defenseman (with number 1 upside), good size and in his prime that's going to cost a lot.

Anywaay I don't understand Minnesotta taking Pulkinnen, their team is overall already to small and other than his shot he doesn't add much to their lineup, maybe Fletsher sees something in him. 

I have to complement your post Frank, this was a very well written assessment. I give you you crap at times lol, so I have to give you credit when you make a very valid point.

I have mentioned on here numerous times that I believe the Wings are going through a re-build, and I stand by that. With that being said, I do agree with your assessment that their isn't a crystal clear direction. I do believe that Hollands mandate from ownership it to 1) make the playoffs, 2) build for the future. While I do like the strategy of building on the fly, certain signings (ie. Ott, Vanek) to me are just blocking younger talent like a AA or a Frk. I think that sometimes Holland acts on a "fear of not making the playoffs" opposed to doing what is best for the long term success of the team. Again, I am not pro tanking and I do not want the Wings to trade every player under the age of 25 hoping to get lucky with lottery picks, but I do wish that their veteran to ELC contract ratio was a bit more on the side of ELC's. Though I do not think Helm/Abby/Glen are the problem.

If I were Holland/Blashill I would do the following: 

- Try everything I could to trade E and if you cant and he plays bad put him in the press box or waive him.

- Same thing for Jimmy.....I think that Holland hangs on to him as a safety net for Mrazek because of the fear of not making the playoffs. Though who knows, maybe nobody is biting.

- Not have signed Vanek, played AA in that spot

- Not have signed Miller or Ott, and had a 4th line of Glendenning/Helm/Sheahan or at least not signed one and had Glendenning-Sheahan-Miller/Ott and let helm centre the third line.

- I would fill the other 2 top 9 spots (if we didnt have Ott/Miller) with Jurco and Mantha. (or a guy like Frk while Jurco was out).

- I would find a way to get XO and Sproul in the lineup even if it means benching vets that are under-performing regardless of contract. A guy like Kronwall doesn't need to play 82 games.

- I would do what I could to trade for Trouba (though this is easier said then done if Chevy is demanding Larkin and Nyquist).

Edited by kliq

"Banged on the table..." I would suggest Francis find a different phrase...

Maybe every GM is required to have their own version of this phrase for trying to get a player. Holland's just kickin' the tires. Wonder which is the more persuasive method.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

He only owns the Wings and Tigers. The Ford's own the Lions and I can't remember who owns the Pistons. Tom Gores maybe? Not the Illitch family though.

18 hours ago, kliq said:

All this is, is some writer complaining about the same crap you complain about 20 times a day. There is nothing new here.

Well actually this guy works for FSS. But that's ok, you can keep thinking Holland is God.

18 hours ago, theman19 said:

I live in raleigh. Today Ron Francis gets on talk radio to talk about the canes. He said his management team had "banged on the table for frk since last year". That's a direct quote. Why did we lose him for nothing again?

Easy answer, Holland. 

Hard answer, because..Holland

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well actually this guy works for FSS. But that's ok, you can keep thinking Holland is God.

Read my posts Lefty, I have been more then clear on my thoughts on the moves that KH has made in the past few years. There are plenty of things I am not happy with.

You just repeat the same sentiments every single day acting like things you have complained about 50 times already are something new. Doesn't matter the thread, doesn't matter the topic, you have this need to complain about the people on your s*** list.

We all know your thoughts on Holland, Helm, Franzen, E, and Nyquist. You don't need to keep bringing them up. Or google "Holland sucks articles" and keep posting them, I don't care.

I don't Google that. Matt Shepard is respected journalist, who also works for FSS & WDFN. The Malik Report is a trusted source who only quotes and reports on things that come from trusted people. It's a well written article and it was tweeted by a Red Wings news source.

So if I can't come here or other threads and talk about players on this team, maybe I should talk about other teams...

On October 12, 2016 at 0:00 PM, DickieDunn said:

It does, just not with Frk or Pulk

Because  you said so?

got it 

19 hours ago, theman19 said:

I live in raleigh. Today Ron Francis gets on talk radio to talk about the canes. He said his management team had "banged on the table for frk since last year". That's a direct quote. Why did we lose him for nothing again?

Because Ken holland is a moron plain and simple , he thought he could get away with passing these guys through waivers even though literally everyone else knew that wouldn't be the case 

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't Google that. Matt Shepard is respected journalist, who also works for FSS & WDFN. The Malik Report is a trusted source who only quotes and reports on things that come from trusted people. It's a well written article and it was tweeted by a Red Wings news source.

So if I can't come here or other threads and talk about players on this team, maybe I should talk about other teams...

I actually consider you a good contributor to this board, I have no issue with you posting. All I ask is if you want to complain about Helm, go into the Helm thread. If you want to complain about Holland, go into a Holland thread. Every single thread is just filled with comments like "so....darren Helm is fast" "Holland is a moron" "this guy needs to be fired", "GET RID OF ERRORSON" "Nyquist is soft and NEEDS TO GO!!!!!" etc. It derails every thread.

On 10/11/2016 at 9:01 AM, kliq said:

Do you really think the mandate for the streak is coming from Holland and not ownership? Thing about it logically, Illitch is 87 years old, he has already won 4 cups, I believe he feels there is one thing left to accomplish, the all time record for a playoff streak. Its obvious how important this streak is to the team.

The narrative on Illitch in 20 years will be a guy who took over the Wings during an awful era, won 4 cups, and set the all time playoff streak, keeping the Wings competitive for 30 years straight. This is what I believe he wants to be remembered as. In 20 years nobody is going to remember that they were not elite for the last 5 years of the streak.

I would be surprised if Mr I even knows what day it is let alone is very much involved in actionable management of the team. 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I actually consider you a good contributor to this board, I have no issue with you posting. All I ask is if you want to complain about Helm, go into the Helm thread. If you want to complain about Holland, go into a Holland thread. Every single thread is just filled with comments like "so....darren Helm is fast" "Holland is a moron" "this guy needs to be fired", "GET RID OF ERRORSON" "Nyquist is soft and NEEDS TO GO!!!!!" etc. It derails every thread.

Fair enough. 

Future reference I use the name Erection. :lol: