• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Frk claimed by the Carolina Hurricanes

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ShanahanMan said:

Also had 2 goals in 4 games during preseason and looked really good out there. 

Hard to judge anybody by this preseason since most teams had their best players in the WCH. If I remember right he mostly played against AHL/Junior filled teams.

22 hours ago, theman19 said:

I live in raleigh. Today Ron Francis gets on talk radio to talk about the canes. He said his management team had "banged on the table for frk since last year". That's a direct quote. Why did we lose him for nothing again?

"Banged on the table" over a kid who took 3 years to make it in the AHL, and wasn't even all that special once he did? Sounds like some bulls*** to hype a new acquisition to me. Or maybe it explains why they're Carolina.

No Frk in Carolina's loss to the Jets last night.

Nestrasil (remember him?) played on the second line and recorded 1 SOG and 1 Hit in 11:44 of ice time. 

He was also on the ice for two of the Jets goals.

Edited by e_prime

16 hours ago, Buppy said:

"Banged on the table" over a kid who took 3 years to make it in the AHL, and wasn't even all that special once he did? Sounds like some bulls*** to hype a new acquisition to me. Or maybe it explains why they're Carolina.

You know what makes me incredibly sad? A couple years ago I would have laughed. Today I'm hit with the sobering truth that Carolina is far better equipped for the future than we are.

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

Nestrasil (remember him?) played on the second line and recorded 1 SOG and 1 Hit in 11:44 of ice time. 

11:44 doesn't sound line second line minutes

18 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Because you say so?

Yes 

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

It's game 1 of the season , zetterberg and Tatar were also -2 , doesn't mean nestrasil won't bounce back and get 15-20 goals 

24 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes 

It's game 1 of the season , zetterberg and Tatar were also -2 , doesn't mean nestrasil won't bounce back and get 15-20 goals 

I'm providing stats for the guy.  Not judging.  ...and I've made no criticisms of him, nor our players.

15 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

20 goals? Puleeease

He had 9 goals last year. 7 the year before.  So yeah... 15 to 20?

...more like 11? 

Edited by e_prime

Just an update. Frk has only played in 1 game, with 0 points and is a -1.

He seemed, in the pre-season, that he had finally turned his game in to an nhl game. Season is still young, I hated to lose him for free, but thus far it looks like we won't be missing him.

He could score 20+ goals, can't see the future, but as much it was reported that they pounded the table for him, you'd of thought he woul dhave played in all their games. Weird that he's only played in 1. He'd probably have 0 games played here as the 13th forward.  He just looked very good in the pre-season and folks are getting tired of developing players and then losing them for nothing.  But I do give credit to those of you that said this was no big loss, it seems, so far, you guys were right!

20 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Wait.

So you're saying he's NOT going to score 20+ goals a year and be the reason Holland gets fired? I thought he was.

That was nyquististhefuture not Lefty.