• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Frk claimed by the Carolina Hurricanes

Rate this topic

I was disappointed Frk was claimed, and I think Pulkkinen will be as well.  Poor asset management by Holland.  I think other GMs know he has a logjam and with all the historical success the Wings have had, they are playing hardball to force more assets to be lost to waivers.

Color me optimistic, but I am still hoping to see him pull off a trade to land Trouba or Fowler (maybe a three way).  Hoping, but sadly, not expecting.  I almost wouldn't be surprised if bringing back Adam Almqvist was his answer to the defensive issues, only to put him on waivers the next day.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Frk claimed by Carolina. Pulkkinen to be claimed tomorrow. All to keep Miller and Ott on the roster... Great f***ing job Holland you a** hat... I swear, if Sproul gets waived, I will officially be on the #fireholland band wagon...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Frk claimed by Carolina. Pulkkinen to be claimed tomorrow. All to keep Miller and Ott on the roster... Great f***ing job Holland you a** hat... I swear, if Sproul gets waived, I will officially be on the #fireholland band wagon...

Have you been holding that one in all day?

Terrible assets management. I was actually surprised to see Frk was waived, I thought he had a very good camp. Not at all surprised he was claimed, apparently 3+ teams put in a claim and Carolina was the lucky team to get him. I was shocked Pulkkinen was waived and there's no chance he doesn't get claimed. I'm actually more upset that Frk was claimed than I will be when Pulkkinen gets claimed tomorrow...

I cannot even express how livid I am to lose Frk. Why does Holland even still have a job? The kid was fast, hard shot, right handed, seemed to be able to translate his game to the nhl fairly well.

Pulkkinen will be claimed as well.

Holland is a jackass. Blashill says AA and Mantha didn't work hard enough.  Wtf is going on here? I am almost to the point of not watching until Holland is fired or resigns. Very close.

I normally have opposite things to say to Krsmith, but damn, if we had to keep Helm, we could've dumped two others, or at least one to keep Frk. I like Miller, but Frk was part of our future...

Omg mannnnnn , had family over for the long weekend and found out today frk was put on waivers and claimed and now pulkinnen WTFFF

ive always defended Ken holland but I swear to god man I'm done , wtf is wrong with this man giving away prospects we develop for years , never giving them chances and losing them on waivers, you telling me we couldn't get a late round pick?  That's bulls*** f*** 

wouldnt surprise me if a team like Chicago claims him and he goes and gets 20 goals although  I think he'll be claimed lo before Chicago 

wow I can't comprehend this stupidity, f*** Ken holland man, starting to think the only reason he even has a career as a gm is thanks to the lidstrom's,yzerman,fedorov,shanahan etc... 

Swear f*** if we lose ouellet or sproul now on waivers for nothing when defense is our biggest weakness 

lets all pray ericsson breaks his leg 

Lines during practice today:

Tomas Tatar-Frans Nielsen-Henrik Zetterberg

Justin Abdelkader-Dylan Larkin-Riley Sheahan

Gustav Nyquist-Darren Helm-Thomas Vanek

Steve Ott-Luke Glendening-Drew Miller

Danny DeKeyser-Alexey Marchenko

Brendan Smith-Mike Green

Jonathan Ericsson-Xavier Ouellet

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Lines during practice today:

Tomas Tatar-Frans Nielsen-Henrik Zetterberg

Justin Abdelkader-Dylan Larkin-Riley Sheahan

Gustav Nyquist-Darren Helm-Thomas Vanek

Steve Ott-Luke Glendening-Drew Miller

Danny DeKeyser-Alexey Marchenko

Brendan Smith-Mike Green

Jonathan Ericsson-Xavier Ouellet

That defense scares me and not in a good way.

AA and Mantha weren't fighting Ott and Miller for jobs.  If Trashill wanted to, he could easily keep them both, use Miller and Ott as reserves (or waive one or both) and use Sheahan-Helm-Glendening as the checking line.  At least then he'd have a line more capable of playing the role he seems to want that line to play.  Then he could either mix the kids in or use Mantha and AA with one of Abdelkader, Vanek, Tatar, or Nyquist.  

Outraged! At this point everyone's mad and the kind of career Pulkinnen and Frk have in the future is irrelevant to them. Look at Nestrasil and Ferraro. I think the common problem a lot of posters have is that they think our prospects are a lot better than they are. Holland has yet to turn down a reasonable deal, lose anybody of actual value or make a bad trade that hurts the future so this cap crunch doesn't bother me

annnyways I hope they decide to keep Mantha with the team

When it comes to Pulkinnen, it will be interesting what happens tomorrow. At the end of the day, its lose-lose. If he's claimed, we lose. If nobody puts a claim in for him, then it just proves that he has zero trade value. If he cant play in the NHL AND he has no trade value, we lose.

I dont know much about Frk. Never fun to lose someone, but if he's a below average bottom 6 guy, I cant say I care too much. If he ends up being a top 6 guy, then this is awful asset management, especially since it was to keep Miller and Ott.

8 minutes ago, kliq said:

When it comes to Pulkinnen, it will be interesting what happens tomorrow. At the end of the day, its lose-lose. If he's claimed, we lose. If nobody puts a claim in for him, then it just proves that he has zero trade value. If he cant play in the NHL AND he has no trade value, we lose.

I dont know much about Frk. Never fun to lose someone, but if he's a below average bottom 6 guy, I cant say I care too much. If he ends up being a top 6 guy, then this is awful asset management, especially since it was to keep Miller and Ott.

It was to keep Helm from playing on the 4th line where he belongs, not to keep Miller and Ott.  It was also because he's unlikely to be an NHL player for very long.

9 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

It was to keep Helm from playing on the 4th line where he belongs, not to keep Miller and Ott.  It was also because he's unlikely to be an NHL player for very long.

How do you figure? Whether or not they kept Frk, Helm is playing third line. If they didn't sign one of Ott or Miller, Frk would have the spot they have now. That spot being 4th line winger/reserve player.

2 hours ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

AA and Mantha aren't good enough...they tried talking themselves outta Larkin last year. These guys are idiots.

They tried the same bulls*** with the jarnkrok trade , he might not be a 70  point guy but for years he was highly touted as a top redwings prospect up until the day we basically gave him away for a washed ufa to be 

seems it's the way we do things in Detroit now apparenly , no rookie is that good 

were lucky Howard had a complete melt down or mrazek would still be the official backup