• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/13 GDT : at Tampa Bay Lighting 6, Red Wings 4

Just now, vladdy16 said:

Silly question - is Tampa our rival?? I don't feel that way, but I keep hearing it. It's much more believable than having the whole Nashville thing shoved down our throats, but I don't consider them a rival yet.

I think Tampa is the closes thing to one to me. We really don't have one since we moved to me.

5 minutes ago, vladdy16 said:

Silly question - is Tampa our rival?? I don't feel that way, but I keep hearing it. It's much more believable than having the whole Nashville thing shoved down our throats, but I don't consider them a rival yet.

I'd say so. We've met them in the playoffs the past two seasons which were great, intense series. Add in the Yzerman angle and....

To be clear, I don't have any real hatred for Tampa or any of their players.

But the lack of other meaningful rivals, as Hillbilly said, they're the closest thing to a rival right now

Edited by roboturner

1 minute ago, roboturner said:

I'd say so. We've met them in the playoffs the past two seasons which were great, intense series. Add in the Yzerman angle and....

I would even add the fact the Valtteri Filppula was traded and playing well. I would the wings would have held on to him.

13 minutes ago, roboturner said:

To be clear, I don't have any real hatred for Tampa or any of their players.

But the lack of other meaningful rivals, as Hillbilly said, they're the closest thing to a rival right now

If Detroit manages to stay competitive we'll be calling Toronto a big rival again soon. Considering the history I think that's pretty exciting.

Wow, Mickey said "Red Wings forecheck causing some issues" instead of "nonexistent" or "is an issue!"

5 minutes ago, anthonyn66 said:

If Detroit manages to stay competitive we'll be calling Toronto a big rival again soon. Considering the history I think that's pretty exciting.

Toronto never ceased being a rival to me. They are Public Enemy Number 1A along with Chicago.