• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/13 GDT : at Tampa Bay Lighting 6, Red Wings 4

24 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Ericsson did well in that fight. Negated the penalty but I'm happy he did it. IMO E and Ouellette are a decent bottom pair

I was surprised to see him get into a fight, and let alone be the instigator. Good on him, hopefully he'll have more presence on the ice and help  out the team.

After seeing the hit on the replay, it was totally warranted.  ...maybe not the cross check, but certainly the pummeling.  I'd rather have Ericsson and Smith policing the ice than Ott. 

frank, your enthusiasm is inspiring.

Same team as the last two years. The defense just bumbling and fumbling the puck around in their own zone. Very hard watching this and it is only the first game. Almost reminds me of the Tigers they have to score 5-6 goals just so their bullpen/defense can't blow it. If they make the playoffs it will be barely and it will be another quick exit.. Even with Kronwall back that is just adding another above average player. He is not that great any more. He is still good and all though.

Athanasiou and mantha are being kept out of the lineup cause they can't play defence yet we let in 6 goals ... Ha

predict at athanasiou will be inserted in soon and put on a bottom line to kill penalties rather than using his speed to create offense 

We should really force our way into getting trouba , god I hope he's trying to force his way into being traded to Detroit behind the scenes, ducks scored 2 goals last night , hopefully they continue to struggle on offense and are willing to make some deals and go for a Tatar/nyquist (they also have to shed salary to resign lindholm and Rackell)

3 way deal with the ducks jets and wings just make too much sense 

ducks get tatar/nyquist

jets get fowler

wings get trouba

obviously a few picks/players would have to be added here and there 

58 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I believe we have the assets - just our GM lacks the balls to make a deal.

Generally I would agree with this, but according to some of the stuff out there from Dreger, Holland was more than willing to play ball with Cheveldayoff.

Holland made an offer during the summer, and the Jets' responded by asking for "two higher-level forwards". Apparently, they want Larkin coming back the other way. It's not clear whether was one of the two forwards, or if he was involved in something outside of that, but I don't make that deal.

I'd make a trade for Trouba using a variety of the team's wingers, but I don't blame Holland for refusing to move Larkin in a deal. You move him and you're filling one hole, but also digging another. The Wings don't have anyone like Trouba, but they don't have another Larkin, either.

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I've heard that since 2010.  

Well he isn't going to retire, that's for sure. If he is ready to retire, then he can sit until he is 100%. Of course, he had all summer to heal too, so I don't know how much more "resting" he can do...he just may be broken beyond repair.

3 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Watching Fowler last night and he is a calm and collective player. Also has a bomb from the point. I hope Holland trades for him ASAP. Would be the wings best defenseman

I totally agree. Holland should be all over Anaheim right now.  But, it is rumored that Anaheim does not want salary back. We'd have to dump $4M somewhere...

Sheahan and Vanek should swap.  AA to third line.  Helm to the 4th.  Miller or Ott to sit.

8 minutes ago, Jesusberg said:

Generally I would agree with this, but according to some of the stuff out there from Dreger, Holland was more than willing to play ball with Cheveldayoff.

Holland made an offer during the summer, and the Jets' responded by asking for "two higher-level forwards". Apparently, they want Larkin coming back the other way. It's not clear whether was one of the two forwards, or if he was involved in something outside of that, but I don't make that deal.

I'd make a trade for Trouba using a variety of the team's wingers, but I don't blame Holland for refusing to move Larkin in a deal. You move him and you're filling one hole, but also digging another. The Wings don't have anyone like Trouba, but they don't have another Larkin, either.

x1,000 times over!

9 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Sheahan and Vanek should swap.  AA to third line.  Helm to the 4th.  Miller or Ott to sit.

x1,000 times over!

This! With Miller sitting rather than Ott. 

What would that give us?

Z-Nielsen-Tatar

Abby-Larkin-Vanek

Sheahan-AA-Nyquist

Ott-Glendog-Helm

that looks a lot better imo 

2 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Helm wasn't very good, but I'll give him more than 1 game to get reaccustom to the center position. Gendening was the only centerman above 50% on faceoffs (he had 60) and we need to get guys winning face-offs. Helm was good in the past.

Helm had a very good PK early in the game but other than that I agree he was pretty poor. The problem with Helm is his game is all about speed. His hands (shooting/stickhandling/passing) are not what you want at the NHL level. Early in his career his speed compensated for this. The last couple years he has lost a step and the game in general is faster lessening the advantage he once had over other players. Never should have been extended.