• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/15 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Panthers 4

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Holland better have the guts to trade some guys as rentals at the deadline. Sadly I can see him clinging to this team even if they are far out of contention. 

A lottery pick will be nice, but I'm sure he'll trade down. 

Holland better start building a Fuhrerbunker, because he's going to have to go into hiding before the season is over.  

Just now, wings_fanatic said:

There is a huge coaching problem with this team. Floridas players all know where to go, communicate and clearly understand their system. Our players look lost, look totally unmotivated and clearly do not respond to this coach. Id love to have ron wilson coaching our team.

Honta Yo Baby!

I think the wings are following the game plan perfectly. The plan is to play 20mins per game. They played 20 in the first in tampa but it didnot work... tonight they spread the 20 in 5-5-10.... what will be the next combination?

Envoyé de mon GT-I8190N en utilisant Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dominator2005 said:

Yes we should

2 minutes ago, Detroit # 1 Fan said:

He wasn't bad, but no one was any good tonight except for Petr. Tough for any of the fast forwards right now, we can't breakout at all. No speed in our game and we have three of the fastest forwards in the league. Big problem.

JK he was -4.

3 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

There is a huge coaching problem with this team. Floridas players all know where to go, communicate and clearly understand their system. Our players look lost, look totally unmotivated and clearly do not respond to this coach. Id love to have ron wilson coaching our team.

Honta Yo, Babyyyyyyyy

I have watched a lot of games the first 4 days of the season and I can honestly say that there are very few if any teams that looks as bad as Detroit right now. Cant generate any consistant pressure, go 10+ minutes without any semblance of quality chances, cant put a pass on the tape, and thats not even mentioning the worst defense in the league. You know your in bad shape when other then Mrazeks strong play the best thing the team has going for them is Vanek's two way game. Freaking Thomas Vaneks two way game.....let that sink in.

The Panthers announcers kept mentioning how bad the Wings defence is. Teams around the league are just waiting to snag an easy two points from them i'm sure. They could show up with massive hangovers and still win because the only challenge to scoring goals is beating Mrazek, which will happen sooner or later no matter how good he plays when the D keeps giving up huge scoring chances and continually turning the puck over and floating around blindly. He must be beyond irate at how they've been hanging him out to dry. I can't believe how bad the D is. Way worse than I thought they'd be. Holland must do something soon, but if he doesn't/can't, at least they'll get a top 6 pick in the draft and Illitch can stop hanging on to The Streak. Even if they did get in the playoffs, it'll be another quick exit. Making the playoffs is meaningless if your just striving to get in and not being able to compete.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

The Panthers announcers kept mentioning how bad the Wings defence is. Teams around the league are just waiting to snag an easy two points from them i'm sure. They could show up with massive hangovers and still win because the only challenge to scoring goals is beating Mrazek, which will happen sooner or later no matter how good he plays when the D keeps giving up huge scoring chances and continually turning the puck over and floating around blindly. He must be beyond irate at how they've been hanging him out to dry. I can't believe how bad the D is. Way worse than I thought they'd be. Holland must do something soon, but if he doesn't/can't, at least they'll get a top 6 pick in the draft and Illitch can stop hanging on to The Streak. Even if they did get in the playoffs, it'll be another quick exit. Making the playoffs is meaningless if your just striving to get in and not being able to compete.

I agree with everything thats said about the defense. The defense needs a complete overhaul and one move isnt going to accomplish that. Holland cant find the balls to make one move let alone the multiple needed to fix the team for this season. Its going to require a multiple year rebuild for him......or the next GM.

2 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

I agree with everything thats said about the defense. The defense needs a complete overhaul and one move isnt going to accomplish that. Holland cant find the balls to make one move let alone the multiple needed to fix the team for this season. Its going to require a multiple year rebuild for him......or the next GM.

Yep. But Holland will probably be allowed to stick around for at least a few losing seasons before Mike or whoever is in charge of his franchise by then even gives him a warning his job is on the line. The whole loyalty thing goes too far from the top to the bottom of the franchise, failure be damned. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or anything. Z will probably still be captain of the team after he can't even play anymore. Just sit on the bench and hobble onto the ice whenever he needs to talk to the refs.

Either Blashill's system isn't working or players aren't responding. In zone defense is brutal. Zero pressure on the points and losing every battle down low. DD is supposed to be an 'elite shutdown defenseman' he has the size and got paid but he's getting turned inside out and losing battles all over the ice. If he keeps logging these big minutes his numbers are going to look embarrassingly bad for his contract

Babs was good at finding a way to compete every night with an outmatched team. Blashill needs to get creative because his system hasn't worked going on two years now. Haven't liked his coaching at all

He was seen as a messiah because he did so well in the minors... ppl liked him because he was coaching the youngster so he would put them in the big team.
I kept saying since november last year he wasnt good enough. Strategies aside, he is not able to make his players play with their balls. There is absolutely 0 team spirit.
His line management to match the line up is like picking number in the lottery.

Anyway we lost way too much with babs departure. To be honest if the wings wanted to keep the streak the should have kept him. If they want to stay with blash they need to tank. New coach, new era,.... rebuild everything.

Envoyé de mon GT-I8190N en utilisant Tapatalk