• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/15 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Panthers 4

It is way too early to talk fire sale,  but at some point in the near future, Holland has to evaluate and trade off some of these "assets" before they lose too much more value. Which assets are beyond me though. Nyquist and Tatar could be near the top of that list...

Honestly, I think if Z retired, E disappeared and Howard got traded,that would be more of a positive and set our ball rolling. Z and E should just call it.l

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It is way too early to talk fire sale,  but at some point in the near future, Holland has to evaluate and trade off some of these "assets" before they lose too much more value. Which assets are beyond me though. Nyquist and Tatar could be near the top of that list...

Honestly, I think if Z retired, E disappeared and Howard got traded,that would be more of a positive and set our ball rolling. Z and E should just call it.l

If you honestly think losing those two will turn this team around you haven't been paying much attention to the games. This has more to do with coaching, issue of core group on offense AND defense, and the rest of the league getting better than us.

There were probably only a few actual tape to tape passes tonight, everything else was just sloppy, flashes of pure lack of confidence among players, and poor demonstration of legitimate level of hockey IQ. 

Our players look stupid out there. Like if I had to rate their hockey IQ on a scale of 1-10, I'd probably give them a 3. They look like high school drop outs translated into a hockey setting. And all of this lies upon their dad... I mean their coach. 

Our current best player (Larkin?), isn't even playing that well right now. 

These are more or less the same players that Babcock had, just remember that. 

Also to note, I thought DK and Green were much worse than Ericsson tonight. I actually think Ericsson on the 3rd unit has been just fine. 

Edited by kickazz

wings have alot of good/avg players but none that can step up to to next level. We lack superstar power. We never have that goto guy you can rely on. We were lucky with drafting in the past but lets face it, that time is gone and past. We kept losing top Dmen since out last cup and and replaced them with fillers that never panned out. Now were sitting on our hands wondering why our D is so bad. When Kronwall gets back it wont change a thing. He been on a decline we've all seen it, hes litterally on his last leg.

We need a identity

Edited by Wingnut1989

8 minutes ago, Wingnut1989 said:

wings have alot of good/avg players but none that can step up to to next level. We lack superstar power. We never have that goto guy you can rely on. We were lucky with drafting in the past but lets face it, that time is gone and past. We kept losing top Dmen since out last cup and and replaced them with fillers that never panned out. Now were sitting on our hands wondering why our D is so bad. When Kronwall gets back it wont change a thing. He been on a decline we've all seen it, hes litterally on his last leg.

We need a identity

Some guy named Hossa is about to score his 500th career goal....

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Exactly. If we were 2-0 right now, would that make us Cup contenders? Of course not. For the same reason, going 0-2 does not mean we are headed for a dreadful season. Our play these first 2 games has definitely been discouraging, but its wayyyyy to early.

If anything, hopefully this poor play forces management to re-evaluate the roster (ie. getting Miller out of the lineup, and actually trading for a d-man).

11 minutes ago, Wing-in-avs-town said:

Why are you watching the Panthers announcers? If anything, at least the Red Wing announcers are in the top 5 of the league

Just happened to be the first working stream I found. It was game time so I went with it.

3 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

.  We will be in the lottery for the first pick overall.  

Works for me. If this team made the playoffs, they'd be swept unless Mrazek pulled an '03 Giguere. No point. They need a top 6 pick more than a 26th straight playoffs.

3 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

They were just teasing us in the preseason, racking up something like 7-2 record.    

It was also mostly the kids playing. Ott/Miller/Glendening looked good against other AHLers, but put them on a line together in the NHL and they can't do jack.

39 minutes ago, kliq said:

Exactly. If we were 2-0 right now, would that make us Cup contenders? Of course not. For the same reason, going 0-2 does not mean we are headed for a dreadful season. Our play these first 2 games has definitely been discouraging, but its wayyyyy to early.

If anything, hopefully this poor play forces management to re-evaluate the roster (ie. getting Miller out of the lineup, and actually trading for a d-man).

0-2 is nothing I agree. Still 80 games to go, but the exact problem everyone was worried would be exposed this season already has in a big way. The league has seen that there is no defence on this team, and they are going to exploit it any way they can until something is done about it. IF something even CAN be done about it. 10 goals against already even with the way Mrazek has been playing. Hard to stop a 2 on 0 due a horrendous brain fart by one of the teams highest paid defencemen. Pretty well all of the goals against were due to defensive breakdowns and trying in vain to kill PPs running around aimlessly. I hope things change, but it's hard to be optomistic with the way Holland runs things.

Basically the same as we were last year. To me that's a coaching issue because players don't seem to be playing at their full potential. The whole collapsing in defense strategy just sucks. And wide perimeter shots on offense are completely ineffective. 

Need to re-evaluate a lot of things soon. Sucking now is better than sucking later in the season in a way.

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

0-2 is nothing I agree. Still 80 games to go, but the exact problem everyone was worried would be exposed this season already has in a big way. The league has seen that there is no defence on this team, and they are going to exploit it any way they can until something is done about it. IF something even CAN be done about it. 10 goals against already even with the way Mrazek has been playing. Hard to stop a 2 on 0 due a horrendous brain fart by one of the teams highest paid defencemen. Pretty well all of the goals against were due to defensive breakdowns and trying in vain to kill PPs running around aimlessly. I hope things change, but it's hard to be optomistic with the way Holland runs things.

So does this mean that KFQ was the anchor of our D last season lol

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

So does this mean that KFQ was the anchor of our D last season lol

Obviously not, but the D has taken a few steps back from last season, which was bad enough already. Four defenders make over $5 million a season, and none of them are playing at the level of others around the league who make that. Kronwall is a shadow of his former self, E shouldnt even be in the NHL, Green doesn't produce the offence he's capable of (or was capable of) anymore, and DD has regressed since his first full season but still got a huge payday this summer. Holland couldn't afford to let him walk, so he overpaid. When your top paid guys are some of your worst, your in big trouble.

Not really any positives to take from tonight. The Wings look like they have no structure at all, it makes me question the coaching. Combine that with the fact that Blashill still thinks Ericsson is an NHL defenseman and I really start to lose faith.

Sure there are positives another step closer to a really good draft pick and that's exactly what this team needs. Even Craig Custance seems to agree.

Glad I didn't waste my time watching this game highlights are enough.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Not really any positives to take from tonight. The Wings look like they have no structure at all, it makes me question the coaching. Combine that with the fact that Blashill still thinks Ericsson is an NHL defenseman and I really start to lose faith.

I think there are positives. Mrazek was pretty good. Could have been a 6-9 goal game easily with a shabby netminder.

5 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Obviously not, but the D has taken a few steps back from last season, which was bad enough already. Four defenders make over $5 million a season, and none of them are playing at the level of others around the league who make that. Kronwall is a shadow of his former self, E shouldnt even be in the NHL, Green doesn't produce the offence he's capable of (or was capable of) anymore, and DD has regressed since his first full season but still got a huge payday this summer. Holland couldn't afford to let him walk, so he overpaid. When your top paid guys are some of your worst, your in big trouble.

I was joking, though I do believe Qunicey was underrated around here. Either way, 2 games in is a bit early to assess a true regression. This could be true, or it could just be the fact that its 2 games into the season.

Edited by kliq