• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

55fan

Firefox bug

When I come here, it re-directs me to a "Firefox update".  My antivirus alerts me that this is a bad thing and neutralizes it.  I hit the back key and go on browsing the site without further complications.  Is this an LGW thing?  Or does this happen all over the internet but I only see it here because this is the only site where I turn off my adblock?  Is it happening to anyone else?

Actually, I was just going to make a thread about this, because it happens to me on Chrome once in awhile as well. I open the tab and instead I see "urgent Chrome update" and a "Download Now" button. Obviously I don't click it and if I just close the tab and re-open it LGW loads fine. I've ran my malware scanner on my computer and it's clean, and it only happens on this site. My AdBlocker is actually on as well. I was leaving it off on here but I turned it back on after I started seeing this thinking it was an ad causing it, but nope, it still happens.

Here's a screenshot of what I see and I left the URL in just in case Matt needs to see it: 746aaf89cb2dd7ddcee89dc51444d7ad.png

Edited by wingsgirl001

These messages about FF and Chrome updates are indeed malware. DON'T CLICK ON IT.  It seems to generate usually from Yahoo mail and Facebook, but I didn't do extensive research.

Run antivirus and malware scans. If you don't find anything, post here and I'll give you some links to other scanners.

I have MalwareBytes and it came back with a few files and registry keys (they said something about Amazon in them) that were removed, but nothing serious beyond that. I don't even use Yahoo mail so I dunno about that haha. If I see the malware page again I'll post here again.