• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

There's quite a bit of irony here. You're named after the character who was always offended because Homer wouldn't remember/use his real name.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Man oh man Frank, the irony is HILARIOUS. 

Teams will evaluate at the 10 game mark. We can hope WPG has offensive woes and decide they'd like to upgrade their fwd corps. Offer them Tatar, Nyquist, XO and a 1st for Trouba and a 3rd.

Now you can trade with Ana without sending a huge amount of salary back. You bring Mantha back up and keep AA in permanently as well.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Teams will evaluate at the 10 game mark. We can hope WPG has offensive woes and decide they'd like to upgrade their fwd corps. Offer them Tatar, Nyquist, XO and a 1st for Trouba and a 3rd.

Now you can trade with Ana without sending a huge amount of salary back. You bring Mantha back up and keep AA in permanently as well.

Boy oh boy back 2 months ago when I was saying the cost would be a winger and a top pick people went all rage mode. So is that the cost for a "1-D" then? 

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Ok , so we predicted where our main problem would be this year on the blue line. Yes Kronner will be back but I'm not overly confident that he will see the year out before he's laid low by another injury, unfortunately he is also on the downward spiral in his career. So is there any player in the system who could make us better? Russo is a very interesting option in my view, apart from Renouf who is injured we don't have much else.The trade route looks the only option to improve the roster this season. Trouba? Pipe dream really we haven't got or are willing to give up what the Jets want for him, Fowler is all about salary dump for the Ducks and unless we offload roster players this isn't likely to happen either. 

So is there anyway to land one of them or with some great juggling maybe capture both? 

My suggestion is thus, the Jets need something in return and they've said a like for like LH shooting D. Well I've also heard they aren't happy with their nm situ. So we offer up Mrazek and a sweetener of Ouellet and I would feel this would be an offer too good for them to refuse, yes XO isn't a like for like but the offer of Mrazek is the dealer. Coreau then gets called up to split duties with Howard. I feel Jared is going to be our Bishop down the line.

Kenny then rings the Ducks and offers them Tatar Smith and a 1st in 2018 for Fowler and Stoner. This gives them the wiggle room to reup Lindholm and a scoring winger they are after plus a serviceable Exp D in Smith to replace Stoner. 

Wings then place Miller Ericsson and Ott on waivers, place Kronwall on LTIR. Then call up Mantha Bertuzzi to replace the waiver players.

Wings now look this.

AA Nielson Abdelkader

Zetterberg Larkin Mantha

Vanek Helm Nyqvist

Bertuzzi Glendening Sheahan

Jurco

Touba DeKeyser

Fowler Green

Stoner Marchenko

Sproul

Howard Careau 

Are you high lol?  He's the only bright spot on this team right now.  And I truly believe he's Vezina material.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That would work ONLY if Kronwall qualifies for LTIR and Holland would waive Ericsson.  I don't like the idea of trading Mrazek, but at this moment, Trouba is very VERY important to acquire. If Holland and Co. had enough faith in Jimmy and that Coreau would be good enough to become our #1 after Jimmy, then I could see it as an option. You'd also be able to give Trouba top dollar now, as long as E was waived and Kronwall went to LTIR. I honestly don't see any of Ott, Miller or E getting waived...although I'd enjoy not having E's salary on this team.

Technically, if we could permanently LTIR Kronwall, it would work even without the unrealistic waivers. Moot point though, because we can't LTIR Kronwall.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Any trade made will need to be dollar in dollar out.  I doubt the Jets want to take Nyquist plus someone else to clear enough room for the Wings to sign Trouba.  The Ducks don't want to take salary back.  That means not one but two trades.  Who does Detroit have that makes significant salary that another team might want?  Nyquist, maybe Dekeyser.  Trouba for Dekeyser is probably a win for Detroit long term, but still leaves them playing 5 guys who are 4-7 caliber players.  Nobody else is going to want Nielsen for 6 years, or Abdelkader or Helm even if they;d waive their NTC.  Zetterberg and Kronwall aren't going anywhere either.  Howard and Ericsson are unmovable.  I doubt anyone wants Green for 2 years.  Tatar, Sheahan, Vanek and Smith clear a little room, but not enough unless you trade all four and replace them with minimum salary players.

In other words, buckle up, things aren't going to change any time soon.

We'd need to clear about $3.5 million for Fowler, and we'd have to remove a player anyway. Smith would probably be pretty easily movable, and would create most of the room we'd need. Given that Kronwall isn't expected to be out long, and we'd have 8 D at that point, you can trade or waive either of Ouellet or Marchenko.

Trouba would require more cap, probably looking at replacing Nyquist with Mantha, plus moving Smith or Marchenko. The upside of that is that Nyquist probably wouldn't be tough to move, and Smith could potentially be something the Jets would actually want in a trade.

The real question is whether we could actually put together a package that the Ducks or Jets would accept. Our 1st would have to be included I'm sure. Jets might like Smith. Then some extra, probably another pick and/or maybe they'd like Coreau. Outside of Mantha or AA, or another high pick, I don't know that the Ducks would be interested in what we have. Not sure that's a good price for Fowler. 

Regardless of what happens as far as trades go, the 1st round pick cannot be traded. Period. If help is to be brought in via trade, it has to be from roster players and prospects. The first rounder has to be absolutely untouchable, as it is not far fetched for that to become a top 10 pick this time around. 

22 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Are you high lol?  He's the only bright spot on this team right now.  And I truly believe he's Vezina material.

He's great but not Vezina material. He's the best player for us right now but even he has let in some soft goals. A Vezina goalie would basically have stolen those 2 games for us. We'd be 2-0 if he was playing at Vezina level, regardless of how bad the defense is. 

10 minutes ago, Buppy said:

We'd need to clear about $3.5 million for Fowler, and we'd have to remove a player anyway. Smith would probably be pretty easily movable, and would create most of the room we'd need.

Yes, Smith would be pretty easily movable as he´s far away our best D and only PMD we actually have, no matter how Babcock/Blashill incorrectly identified his role. Would really like to see him plugged in Tampa, Pens, Chicago.. . But yes, move Smith as a rental, still he´s gonna leave next summer for free.

21 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He's great but not Vezina material. He's the best player for us right now but even he has let in some soft goals. A Vezina goalie would basically have stolen those 2 games for us. We'd be 2-0 if he was playing at Vezina level, regardless of how bad the defense is. 

Not right sheesh but I believe in the future he will be.

19 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Vezina goalies lose games too. Sometimes they let in bad goals, get lit up, and look bad. 

24 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Regardless of what happens as far as trades go, the 1st round pick cannot be traded. Period. If help is to be brought in via trade, it has to be from roster players and prospects. The first rounder has to be absolutely untouchable, as it is not far fetched for that to become a top 10 pick this time around. 

Fair point, but there's always the option of lottery protection. Also, being that Fowler and Trouba are still pretty young, it's not like it'd be some big hit to our future.

22 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

Yes, Smith would be pretty easily movable as he´s far away our best D and only PMD we actually have, no matter how Babcock/Blashill incorrectly identified his role. Would really like to see him plugged in Tampa, Pens, Chicago.. . But yes, move Smith as a rental, still he´s gonna leave next summer for free.

We said the same thing about Helm...he's gonna leave. Smith will just tell Holland he has multiple offers but he'll stay here for a discount and a larger role...and the Holland will panic and sign him. Just like Helm, just like Quincey.

I hope not..but history has been written.

5 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Vezina goalies lose games too. Sometimes they let in bad goals, get lit up, and look bad.

Sure, but I was referring to whether or not his performance was Vezina like in the first two 2 games not his entire career or future career.  

Edited by kickazz

I don't think the front office has correctly identified the need for this team as they have done poorly or absolutely nothing to address this teams need for years. I'm not sure what their perceived need for this team is but they've made a mess of it. They are too attached to players that won't help this team move forward and to make deals that are necessary. This may be great on a personal level but this isn't exactly having players rushing over to play on this team because of this. At some point someone as to realize tough decisions will need to be made. 

49 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It's too early to say that and he's only 24. Last year for like 2 months Mrazek was the best goalie in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Fair point, but there's always the option of lottery protection. Also, being that Fowler and Trouba are still pretty young, it's not like it'd be some big hit to our future.

Giving up a 1st for Fowler would be insane regardless. Even with Trouba, lottery protection would be a must. Imagine giving up the first, for it to turn out to be a top 5 pick. That absolutely would hurt. 

The Leafs were in a spot where they had a few really good prospects, but nothing to build a team around. I feel like where the Leafs were when they had that huge collapse not long ago is where this team is headed now. Which I am honestly totally fine with if it means one or two top 5 picks, to be honest.  I'm not convinced this team needs a full blown rebuild. I believe they are simply just drafting a couple high-end players away from fully turning it all around. A lot of pieces in the system now can give them all the depth they need for many years. But we still need folks to build the team around besides just Larkin and Mrazek. Very tough to land players like that in the draft as a fringe playoff team. 

41 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

It's too early to say that and he's only 24. Last year for like 2 months Mrazek was the best goalie in the league. 

I don't disagree at all, I was just talking about like the two games he played lol. I thought when calling him Vezina-like she was referring to the two games thus far - because last game he was actually doing really well for the most part. 

Edited by kickazz

I beg to differ on the need to protect our 1st round pick. Just for the sake of the conversation, would I trade our 1st in 2017 for Trouba? Maybe. Trouba was the 9th pick in the 1st a few years ago. Lets compare him with another projected top 10 pick in next years draft: Cullen Foote. Both are RHed Dmen that are around 6-3/200 and considered good all around prospects. Which would you rather have? Who helps us more for the 2017/18 season? Foote will be 18 at that point and Trouba is 22. That is the difference and that is all. Yes it is possible that we get 4 more years out of Foote-being younger and all, but he has also never played a pro game and could be a bust-it does happen.

The point in all of that was, in the right deal yes we can and should deal our 1st round pick.

As of today here are the players that make up our core, or should be making up our core: Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svechnikov, DD, Mrasek. Those 6 should be held on to and played as much as possible in Detroit. The next group we need to find out about are: Sproul, Oullett, Jurco, Nosek, Lil Bert, and Nastsiak. That is only 12 players out of a 23 man roster. Everyone else and I do mean everyone can be moved in the right deal. Some are impossible to move, others can be moved next spring at the trade deadline to teams looking to make a playoff run. Vanek and Ott could both bring back some decent picks. Next summer it is possible to (don't panic here) move Kronwall and Z in the right deals to young teams on the upswing. Now I doubt that that ever happens, but it is possible. For example a team like Florida might want to bring in a veteran like Z to help them develop and grow into a SC contender.

3 hours ago, fixxxer said:

I don't think the front office has correctly identified the need for this team as they have done poorly or absolutely nothing to address this teams need for years. I'm not sure what their perceived need for this team is but they've made a mess of it. They are too attached to players that won't help this team move forward and to make deals that are necessary. This may be great on a personal level but this isn't exactly having players rushing over to play on this team because of this. At some point someone as to realize tough decisions will need to be made. 

It's okay to say what you mean.  Front office/their/they = Ken Holland.

Someone = Ownership.        

Tough Decisions = Firing/Not Re-signing (at the very least) Ken Holland.

Edited by e_prime

I'm like 90% sure Z will retire if traded, so no team is going to want him. Just look at the way his Mitch Albom interview was. He's either retiring from the game if he has to (if deemed that his performance is no longer NHL material) or he's finishing his contract with Detroit. 

4 minutes ago, e_prime said:

It's okay to say what you mean.  Front office/their/they = Ken Holland.

Someone = Ownership.        

Tough Decisions = Firing/Not Re-signing (at the very least) Ken Holland.

Oh e_prime. The bluntest of them all. :lol:

Edited by kickazz

There is no way Z is able to finish his contract with anyone. He has 5 more years left on it. But the chance to go win another SC? That can be enticing to most guys. That is what they play for. Or it should be.

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm reading here and there that things aren't so rosey in Minny. People are calling for Fletcher to be fired, trade this guy, sit that guy.

Well he did want to toss Pulk on a top line right after getting him on waivers and him being unproven. lol