• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

I don't disagree at all, I was just talking about like the two games he played lol. I thought when calling him Vezina-like she was referring to the two games thus far - because last game he was actually doing really well for the most part. 

No, I was talking about his performance overall since he's  been in the NHL and his future.

11 hours ago, brett said:

fowler is the easier to get except the ducks wouldnt want to take much salary back. so basically we have to trade someone worth 4mil for a pick then maybe offer that pick for fowler

Or just trade them a pick for Fowler then trade someone making 4 million for a better return like a couple prospects?

7 hours ago, Richdg said:

Why woluld we trade Dekeyser for trouba? DD is the better player. Yes he now costs more but Trouba hasn't signed his new deal yet. Both have played 3 seasons in the NHL and DD has more points, better career +/- numbers, etc... We need to keep DD and ADD Trouba so that they can be our top pair.

He hasn't been playing like he's better so far.   He's one of the guys leading the Dumpster Fire Brigade.

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

As of today here are the players that make up our core, or should be making up our core: Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svechnikov, DD, Mrasek. Those 6 should be held on to and played as much as possible in Detroit. The next group we need to find out about are: Sproul, Oullett, Jurco, Nosek, Lil Bert, and Nastsiak. That is only 12 players out of a 23 man roster. Everyone else and I do mean everyone can be moved in the right deal. Some are impossible to move, others can be moved next spring at the trade deadline to teams looking to make a playoff run. Vanek and Ott could both bring back some decent picks. Next summer it is possible to (don't panic here) move Kronwall and Z in the right deals to young teams on the upswing. Now I doubt that that ever happens, but it is possible. For example a team like Florida might want to bring in a veteran like Z to help them develop and grow into a SC contender.

Nobody is going to trade for high salaried broken down vets or overpaid grinders on 4+ year deals.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Boy oh boy back 2 months ago when I was saying the cost would be a winger and a top pick people went all rage mode. So is that the cost for a "1-D" then? 

Ya that package is a bit too much. lol

9 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Ok , so we predicted where our main problem would be this year on the blue line. Yes Kronner will be back but I'm not overly confident that he will see the year out before he's laid low by another injury, unfortunately he is also on the downward spiral in his career. So is there any player in the system who could make us better? Russo is a very interesting option in my view, apart from Renouf who is injured we don't have much else.The trade route looks the only option to improve the roster this season. Trouba? Pipe dream really we haven't got or are willing to give up what the Jets want for him, Fowler is all about salary dump for the Ducks and unless we offload roster players this isn't likely to happen either. 

So is there anyway to land one of them or with some great juggling maybe capture both? 

My suggestion is thus, the Jets need something in return and they've said a like for like LH shooting D. Well I've also heard they aren't happy with their nm situ. So we offer up Mrazek and a sweetener of Ouellet and I would feel this would be an offer too good for them to refuse, yes XO isn't a like for like but the offer of Mrazek is the dealer. Coreau then gets called up to split duties with Howard. I feel Jared is going to be our Bishop down the line.

Kenny then rings the Ducks and offers them Tatar Smith and a 1st in 2018 for Fowler and Stoner. This gives them the wiggle room to reup Lindholm and a scoring winger they are after plus a serviceable Exp D in Smith to replace Stoner. 

Wings then place Miller Ericsson and Ott on waivers, place Kronwall on LTIR. Then call up Mantha Bertuzzi to replace the waiver players.

Wings now look this.

AA Nielson Abdelkader

Zetterberg Larkin Mantha

Vanek Helm Nyqvist

Bertuzzi Glendening Sheahan

Jurco

Touba DeKeyser

Fowler Green

Stoner Marchenko

Sproul

Howard Careau 

Trade Mrazek and give Howard the starting job back? LOL So to upgrade the D we downgrade our goaltending? Smart. If it ain't broke...leave it the f*** alone. 

4 hours ago, Buppy said:

Vezina goalies lose games too. Sometimes they let in bad goals, get lit up, and look bad. 

Lundqvist.

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

Vanek and Ott could both bring back some decent picks. 

While the season is very young, Vanek has been their best forward. One of the only bright spots so far and brings much needed scoring, size, and he actually goes to the net. No thanks.

54 minutes ago, kickazz said:

DD for Trouba, fix one problem to create another. Amazing management. 

I think long term Detroit wins that, but short term it doesn't fix anything.  Not sure how it would cause another problem though.

7 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I think long term Detroit wins that, but short term it doesn't fix anything.  Not sure how it would cause another problem though.

Swapping a 2D for another "potential" 2D (neither are true 1Ds). Basically cancel out. Maybe we win in terms of salary and potential , but we still don't fill our hole on top D unit. 

Edited by kickazz

The season is young, but I did say i felt Vanek was going to surprise a lot of folks. No way of knowing for sure, but I had high hopes for him. So far, so good! I'll take the 41 goal pace! :lol: 

In the crappy start, he has been a light. Nielsen also, what's he have 2 points in the two games?

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The season is young, but I did say i felt Vanek was going to surprise a lot of folks. No way of knowing for sure, but I had high hopes for him. So far, so good! I'll take the 41 goal pace! :lol: 

In the crappy start, he has been a light. Nielsen also, what's he have 2 points in the two games?

He's also been humiliated and deemed the "Bobby Ryan" of the Wild and having a lot of critics saying he floats and doesn't care to play at a high level each game, only shows up when he wants to, etc. He's playing like a guy with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, after being bought out I think he's hungry to prove everyone wrong and legitimately think he was insulted and wants to throw it in Minnesota's face. Nothing says to a player "you're worthless to us" more than being bought out. He definitely isn't that.

12 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

He's also been humiliated and deemed the "Bobby Ryan" of the Wild and having a lot of critics saying he floats and doesn't care to play at a high level each game, only shows up when he wants to, etc. He's playing like a guy with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove, after being bought out I think he's hungry to prove everyone wrong and legitimately think he was insulted and wants to throw it in Minnesota's face. Nothing says to a player "you're worthless to us" more than being bought out. He definitely isn't that.

I feel kinda bad too because he looks like he wants a fresh start and a clean slate and he's really shown up to play but the rest of our squad is no where near giving it their potential like he is. Gotta get it back together next game, which is at home.

59 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

While I don't wish to see Mrazek traded...If he was, and in return we'd get a legit top pairing Dman in return - maybe - just maybe having a upgrade on D just might see a reduction in odd man rushes, and poor play in our end so that Howard might have a shot at doing well.

A fair number of teams around the league today, and in years past have gotten away with a 'average' netminder, but with a solid defense.

How's that been working for the Jets? 

55 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Swapping a 2D for another "potential" 2D (neither are true 1Ds). Basically cancel out. Maybe we win in terms of salary and potential , but we still don't fill our hole on top D unit. 

Depends on what Trouba turns into and if you believe Dekeyser really is a #2 caliber D.  I think Dekeyser's a good second pairing guy and that Trouba will be better in the long run.

1 hour ago, Buppy said:

You think Trouba makes us the Blackhawks?

You're on a roll of misinterpretations today aren't ya?

F. Michael's original post said "A fair number of teams around the league today, and in years past have gotten away with a 'average' netminder, but with a solid defense."

To which you responded "How's that working for the Jets?"

To which I responded "Ask Crawford"

F. Michael's point stands (although there's many more variables). Maybe Crawford isn't as good as an example as say Fleury or Niemi. Chicago has an average goalies, maybe above average but had a solid defense in front of then - they've won 3 cups. 

I'll change that comment to "Ask Niemi"

No, Trouba isn't Keith. Point is, having a strong defense will go a long way on both defense and offense. 

Do we give up Mrazek for that? I'm not sure. Probably not. 

Edited by kickazz

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Depends on what Trouba turns into and if you believe Dekeyser really is a #2 caliber D

He´s not, going to hit his limits in 1-2 years and no, there´s honestly no potential of DD becoming real top pairing guy. Is that Trouba? MAY BE. He´s four years younger, looking for a team able to put him in this role (for some reason they think Myers is THE guy). He won´t be asking for huge contract, I believe he will be ok with shorter term as real contenders are not going to plug him for top D role he´s looking for. 

Trouba+Detroit is win-win marriage, but yes, questionable if worths DD, and yes, if DD is some option for Jets. 

HAHAHAHAHA!
Man oh man Frank, the irony is HILARIOUS. 

Yah I'm going to laugh about that ******* irony forever...

Unless the Jets are coming off their stance of being hell bent on getting a top 4 defenseman back that deal is almost impossible for the wings to pull of. If you trade Larkin than the Wings have a hole at Center, trade DD and nobody to pair with Trouba. I'd trade Mrazek in a heartbeat but the Jets don't need him they have Halleybuck.

That's why I think a trade with the ducks should be easier to pull of, not that I won't require a very good piece coming their way but...

And before people keep thinking Trouba, Fowler would fix everything obviously not but they would be a good start to further built around a new core

Just some "updates" on Trouba and the Jets, and Fowler and the Ducks.

Also, there's supposedly silence between Lindholm and the Ducks with Garrioch suggesting a team would offer-sheet him to force Murray's hand.

...and Shatty in the mix just so, you know, we don't forget that the Blues probably won't move him.

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff continues to tell teams that call him about RFA defenseman Jacob Trouba that if he doesn’t get exactly what he wants in return, he won’t be moving him. He wants a player in the same age bracket and of similar skill.

“Why would anybody want to do something like that?” a league executive asked Insider Trading on Saturday afternoon.

The Jets have talked to the Sabres, Red Wings, Bruins and Coyotes.

“(Cheveldayoff) doesn’t have the pressure of ownership saying, ‘We’ve gotta get a player’. The ownership in Winnipeg is solidly behind him, the city is behind him and if you look at their track record they’ve made (players) wait before,” said another league-insider.”

Teams are targeting Cam Fowler, but the Ducks may prefer to move Kevin Bieksa. Bieksa has a no-movement clause and he’d have to be protected for the expansion draft. Clayton Stoner and his $3.25 million contract is another option for the Ducks.

Teams may try to entice the Blues with a forward when calling about defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk.

On the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba …

Joe Pack of Sportsnet: Elliotte Friedman on the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba situation.

“It seems like the status quo [right now],” said Elliotte Friedman on the Headlines segment of Saturday’s Hockey Night in Canada. “Winnipeg has been very quiet, they’ve said they won’t say much. There’s been a lot of interest from Detroit, Arizona, to Florida and L.A. — teams have been kicking tires and obviously the player wants to go.”

Friedman adds that the asking price is high and that the Jets are fine with waiting.

“The Jets still have a very high ask,” said Friedman. “There’s a real sense that [the Jets] want him to feel — I don’t know if pain is the right word — but ‘You’re asking out so we wanna make you wait.’ I think the Jets worry sometimes that players don’t want to play there. … If it was me and someone didn’t want to date me, I’d say thanks and move on.

interesting stuff.

The Bieska idea was tossed around a little bit by a hockey writer, but that involved them taking Ericsson off our hands, and since then we've learned that Anaheim doesn't want salary (too much) back, I'd say that idea is not happening.

It had BOTH Fowler and Bieska coming here.  The NMC clause would have to be wiaved, which them allows the acquiring team to not have to honor it anymore. Thus being able to leave him unprotected in the upcoming expansion draft. We'd still need to dump a ton of salary, even if they accepted Nyquist.

Interesting about LIndholm too. December 1st is coming up, from what I understand if Trouba or Lindholm aren't signed by then, that's it for the season.

You have to wonder, at what point do these teams start dropping the price from a business standpoint. I am sure Anaheim does not want to have to use a protect on Bieska, maybe they package him with Fowler (or Stoner) in a trade that brings them a winger that can score 25-35 goals that is in the $4M to $5M range...

Edited by LeftWinger

For us to land trouba were gonna need him to be pushing behind the scenes for a trade to his hometown

i also believe we'd need the ducks to get involved for this of happen since the jets want some d help back and our best trade chips are nyquist/Tatar 

Ducks scored 2 goals again yesterday and are 0-2 , think the better thing for us to hope they keep losing and scoring few goals ... A Tatar/nyquist on getzlaf's wing can fetch 25-30 goals 

I think because they want to shed salary to resign Rackell/lindholm they'd probably want Tatar, although his salary would go up after this season

i read something above about bieksa and how the ducks would like to include bieksa with fowler to shed salary and by doing that his  movement clause would be cancelled ?

it won't happen but id do something like a nyquist/smith trade for fowler and bieksa and then trade fowler and bieksa with some part of his contract paid +a 3rd let's say for trouba

anyways we need the ducks to keep losing to land fowler and flip him since they are stacked with promising dmen they won't trade for trouba 

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

You're on a roll of misinterpretations today aren't ya?

F. Michael's original post said "A fair number of teams around the league today, and in years past have gotten away with a 'average' netminder, but with a solid defense."

To which you responded "How's that working for the Jets?"

To which I responded "Ask Crawford"

F. Michael's point stands (although there's many more variables). Maybe Crawford isn't as good as an example as say Fleury or Niemi. Chicago has an average goalies, maybe above average but had a solid defense in front of then - they've won 3 cups. 

I'll change that comment to "Ask Niemi"

No, Trouba isn't Keith. Point is, having a strong defense will go a long way on both defense and offense. 

Do we give up Mrazek for that? I'm not sure. Probably not. 

No misinterpretation at all. I'm not arguing with the concept. I was arguing with the reality of the suggestion to trade Mrazek for Trouba. I brought up the Jets because Trouba plays for them. He's (arguably) their third best defenseman. He hasn't made their defense good enough. So why would people think he would come here, as our #1, and make our defense so good? Same thing I meant when I responded to you. Doesn't matter that a great defense can make up for a less-than-great goalie; Trouba wouldn't make us a great defense.

Kick... Buppy...  Why don't we take it a little closer to home?   

"ASK OSGOOD."    :ninja:

There is no reason we should trade Mrazek for Trouba.  We need building blocks for the future not to create another hole.