• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Internet.Unknown said:

WiiM is trash.

Bunch of smug nerds who pleasure themselves to spreadsheets and are too young to really remember the 97 Cup run.

Not when they do things like this :

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/10/13/13272504/wiims-charity-challenge

:innocent:

But yes, they do complain a lot and like I said, it's likely due to the way things have been the last 2-3 years with the team. Standard whining protocol. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Because we need Miller and Ott in the lineup and Helm and Sheahan playing on a scoring line.

Helm is exactly where he should be. Centering the third line. With you on the others, though. Sheahan should be on the fourth. 

None of the group of Ott, Sheahan, helm, Miller or Glendening are key to winning anything now or in the future. All are 3rd/4th line guys that can help a good team in specific areas. But we are not a good team. The part that troubles me even more is, if Mantha is brought up he will sit a few games before he sees the ice. he needs to be playing on one of the top 2 lines 15+ minutes a game.

I know, preaching to the choir......

Agreed that Sheahan is being misused.  He should be topping out on the third line, but I'm not breaking up Nyquist-Helm-Vanek at this point. Sheahan would be far more effective on the fourth than Ott or Miller.  I hate seeing AA on the fourth as well, but at this point I think I'd like to see:

Abdelkader-Nielsen-Mantha

Tatar-Larkin-Zetterberg

Nyquist-Helm-Vanek

AA-Glenny-Sheahan

While his contract may be your point of contention Richdg, but Helm's pretty key to winning games these days as he's tied for the lead in goals scored and is just behind Green and line-mate Vanek in points. ...and you gotta win regular season games to win anything else.

I would love a look at..

AA - Nielsen - Tatar

Adelkader - Larkin - Z

Nyquist - Helm - Vanek   (since that 3rd line works great, dont't split them)

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott

As for defense, as long as E is in, this gets reduced to "whose production/performance is most likely to get hurt the least when paired with him.." .. :zzz:

25 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Helm had an en goal and probably won't continue scoring. Historically he's nothing but a drag on a scoring line and forgets what makes him effective and he tries to be too pretty.

Empty net? Uhh no he didn't lol. And this is how we know you didn't actually watch the game :lol:

Edited by kickazz

44 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Empty net? Uhh no he didn't lol. And this is how we know you didn't actually watch the game :lol:

The power of positivity will keep Darren Helm scoring. 

Not Trouba, but in in D-man talk... and something that will seem familiar 'round these parts (losing assets for nothing)

Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: (chat) When asked about Kevin Shattenkirk – that moving Shattenkirk at the trade deadline would be giving up assets. If the Blues are doing well, why not just keep him?

“Because if you don’t trade him before the deadline and he signs elsewhere this summer, which is very likely, than you lose him for nothing. You CAN NOT do that summer after summer, losing guys like Backes, Brouwer and Shattenkirk. You are giving guys away. Sure, if you keep Shattenkirk and win the Stanley Cup past the deadline, then it’s worth it. But if you don’t win the Cup, it can set the franchise back losing asset after asset.”

...but here is some Trouba talk

Chris Nichols of Today’s Slapshot: Darren Dreger was on TSN 690 talking about Jacob Trouba and if it changes anything now that he’s missing games.

“Kevin Cheveldayoff and the Winnipeg Jets remain patient and consistent in their approach. They’re not going to move this guy unless there is not just a reasonable trade option – a trade option that’s a perfect fit for them. I don’t think that they’ve stepped off their asking line of a left-shot, young, 22, 23-year-old defenseman, which is obviously very similar to Jacob Trouba.

“So he’s got to be getting antsy. I don’t think there’s any question about that. But Kurt Overhardt, his agent, has been down this road before. So he’ll have him well-schooled on what to expect, and I’m sure that there are many counseling calls over the course of the day. Certainly over the course of a week.”

If the situation drags out, you might think that Trouba would rethink the scenario, if it’s good for him in the short- and long-term to remain out.

Bridge deal then trade him.

Edited by e_prime

2 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Helm had an en goal and probably won't continue scoring. Historically he's nothing but a drag on a scoring line and forgets what makes him effective and he tries to be too pretty.

I'm not a Helm fan, but I must defend. His goals have not been empty net. He seems to have lots of jump. He seems to love playing with his current linemates.  I didn't see his first goal, but the two he had in the home opener were legit goal scorers goals. So far he has played very well.  Let's hope he keeps it up.

5 minutes ago, ash11 said:

if mantha keeps it up, I can forsure see him being traded, so lets hope he keeps increasing his trade value.

Ya let's trade away a player with his size and scoring ability because we have so many of those waiting to come 

i know how desperate we are for defense but unless we're getting a real number 1 dman we shouldn't go too crazy , I'd much rather use athanasiou at this point cause the way the wings are using him he's gonna end helm 2.0 and at that point I'd rather keep the sniper and trade athanasiou before his value plummets completely

also obviously nyquist/Tatar as trade bait , 2nd round pick and beyond(no way we deal the first this season) smith,marchenko(rather keep ouellet and sproul as I see them with higher upside) ... Sheahan 

Anyways point is we have other chips to use , and if we don't get trouba now we can just wait till he said a ufa to come home, not like we're winning the cup next few seasons

If Mantha keeps it up, it makes the like of Tatar and/or Nyquist more tradable. Those two hold value and are still young. They can fetch a nice return, if packaged correctly. They may not garner us Trouba, but maybe Fowler or Shattenkirk nearer the deadline.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya let's trade away a player with his size and scoring ability because we have so many of those waiting to come 

i know how desperate we are for defense but unless we're getting a real number 1 dman we shouldn't go too crazy , I'd much rather use athanasiou at this point cause the way the wings are using him he's gonna end helm 2.0 and at that point I'd rather keep the sniper and trade athanasiou before his value plummets completely

also obviously nyquist/Tatar as trade bait , 2nd round pick and beyond(no way we deal the first this season) smith,marchenko(rather keep ouellet and sproul as I see them with higher upside) ... Sheahan 

Anyways point is we have other chips to use , and if we don't get trouba now we can just wait till he said a ufa to come home, not like we're winning the cup next few seasons

If Mantha gets us Trouba, it must be done. Not like Blashill is gonna play him anyway. At least Trouba would make the roster by default. 

It'd be a tough call, but if Mantha and a young lefty D-Man would get us Trouba, then we have to do it. There is no room for Mantha with the current roster, hell there's no room for Jurco when he heals. I'd hate to lose Mantha, but at least it wouldn't be for free like when he runs out of exemptions and there is still no room for him.

So nice to hear Bob MacKenzie to say that Detroit is very interested in Trouba and that Holland was at the Ducks/Devils game watching Fowler. 

I got a feeling Fowler will be here before Trouba. Once Holland acquires him, the need for Trouba will lesson, so our desperation will be less. Yes, I'm still hoping for both!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So nice to hear Bob MacKenzie to say that Detroit is very interested in Trouba and that Holland was at the Ducks/Devils game watching Fowler. 

I got a feeling Fowler will be here before Trouba. Once Holland acquires him, the need for Trouba will lesson, so our desperation will be less. Yes, I'm still hoping for both!

Do GM's usually go to the games themselves? Or do they usually send scouts? I only ask because if they usually send scouts, this is pretty big!

5 minutes ago, kliq said:

Do GM's usually go to the games themselves? Or do they usually send scouts? I only ask because if they usually send scouts, this is pretty big!

If they're REALLY interested then the GM goes as well. 

Edited by kickazz