• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

They haven't played as well as the record indicates. If it wasn't for goaltending bailing them out they ccould easily have one or two wins.

lol, of course you would say this. You know that we rank #1 in the NHL in Goals For and 17th in goals against. But yep, it's all goaltending.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring/sort/goalsAgainst

Watch the games Dickie.

16 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

We've won exactly one game only due to our goaltending. And that was the game in New York. The reason for the rest was not only our goaltending. Wings just played good hockey overall.

This.

28 minutes ago, kliq said:

lol, of course you would say this. You know that we rank #1 in the NHL in Goals For and 17th in goals against. But yep, it's all goaltending.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/team/_/stat/scoring/sort/goalsAgainst

Watch the games Dickie.

I don't agree with Dickie at all here, but I don't think goals for and against really tell whether or not the goals were due to solid team play or stellar goaltending. The more appropriate stats in my opinion would be shots, high quality scoring chances, save percentages, corsi, fenwick, and PDO... None of those stats we've been particularly good in, however I wouldn't say they indicate we've been bailed out in every game either. There's no denying though that both Howard and Mrazek have been great early on.

We were awful against the Rangers, and Howard stole that game for us, but aside from that, I think we've looked good to really good...

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet:

Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff is holding firm in his asking price. Several teams have tried to get creative, but didn’t get that far.

On the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba …

Chris Nichols: Darren Dreger on the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba: “I did not get sense in dealing w/ people I deal w/ in Winnipeg that they’re feeling the heat even a little bit on Trouba.”

Chris Nichols: Dreger on Trouba trade offers: “There have been some interesting offers”

2 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Dreger tweeting exactly what cheveldayoff wants. Letting Trouba know he won't be playing anytime soon. Trouba should just sign a one year deal it's in his best interest

I do agree with this bold part. Winnipeg REALLY seems to be pushing the narrative that they don't care and will wait this out, but I am not so sure the narrative they are telling through the media, and the reality of the situation are the same.

Even the Winnipeg media is pushing this point almost too hard, I think as a city they are sick of players not wanting to play there, and this is them trying to create the perception that they are taking a stand.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

$5.25M per. 

See, they had less than a million in cap space and figured out a way to get it done. Not even a bridge deal either. Now the price for Fowler just went up.

Whys that? Putting Depres on LTIR gave them the cap space. Once he returns they'll be in a jam

50 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Whys that? Putting Depres on LTIR gave them the cap space. Once he returns they'll be in a jam

True, but how long will he be out? Is it Franzen LTIR? This could very well be a whole season thing.  I'm just saying that as of now, the need to move a contract is over.  If any teams still inquire about Fowler, or anyone, this puts Anaheim more in the drivers seat than before.

40 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

True, but how long will he be out? Is it Franzen LTIR? This could very well be a whole season thing.  I'm just saying that as of now, the need to move a contract is over.  If any teams still inquire about Fowler, or anyone, this puts Anaheim more in the drivers seat than before.

Well seems to be a little suspicious tbh. Ducks refuse to elaborate on Despres LTIR timeline. Obviously the deal was in place before his injury

Regardless if anyone wants McIlrath or Paajarvi, we really don't have roster space, so I don't think that's a possibility. I'll bet some team will see 6'5", righty Dman and take a chance on McIlrath if they have space/need for a tough guy. Paarjarvi's has already passed through waivers without getting picked up.

There is a Mantha watch thread, you could put that post there Lefty.  

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Is there any particular reason/s why players don't wish to play in the Peg?

I mean I get that it's got a long harsh winter, and doesn't have the offerings of a New York, Chicago, or Los Angeles, but c'mon - it's still a place where the fans support their club.

I don't know for sure, but I think the weather has a lot to do with it as Edmonton has had the same reputation.

Personally I think when you have something like weather coupled with perpetual losing, that is how something like this happens. Win, and you wont have to worry about it. I doubt anyone had an issue playing for Edmonton in the 80's.

On the Anaheim Ducks …

Eric Stephens: Breakdown of Hampus Lindholm’s six-year contract: $3M (2016-17), $6M (2017-18), $6.75M (2018-19), $5.25M (2019-20), $3.75M (2020-21), $6.75M (2021-22).

Pierre LeBrun: Contract has some lockout protection for 2020-21 season with the lower salary. The NHL or NHLPA can opt out of the CBA.

Bob McKenzie: Lindholm carries a $5.73 million salary cap hit this season and $5.2 milliion for the last five years of the deal. The different cap hits is due to an RFA signing after the start of the season, as per the CBA.

Bob McKenzie: Lindholm was in Sweden and will need to get his visa, which can take a week or two.

Chris Nichols: Darren Dreger on TSN 1050: “I don’t think there was any serious consideration from Bob Murray and the #NHLDucks’ perspective to trade Hampus Lindholm.”

Chris Nichols: Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1200:  “For now, it’s clear to me that Bob Murray wants to give this group one last shot at it, and that includes Fowler…”

Curtis Zupke: GM Bob Murray said they have some financial leeway from ownership. The Ducks haven’t been a cap team since Brian Burke was their GM.

Eric Stephens: Forward Emerson Etem cleared waivers but remains with the team. If he’s sent to the AHL could depend on Ryan Getzlaf‘s status for tonight.

On the Anaheim Ducks …

Pierre LeBrun: Ducks GM Bob Murray said that they are good with regards to the salary cap at this point and they don’t have to make a trade.

Chris Nichols: Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1200:  “For now, it’s clear to me that Bob Murray wants to give this group one last shot at it, and that includes Fowler…”

Rory Boylen of Sportsnet: With the Ducks a little thin upfront, and the possibility that they’ll need to move some salary, they could look to move one of their defensemen. Looking at three defenseman they could look to trade.

Hampus Lindholm – Seems unlikely since they just re-signed their best defenseman, but they would get the biggest return for him.

Sami Vatanen – an underrated defenseman that plays well in both ends. Carries a $4.875 million cap hit through 2019-20. Best suited partner for Lindholm, but his contract makes him a decent candidate to trade.

Cam Fowler – Replacing Lindholm or Vatanen would be hard for the Ducks to do, but Fowler could be replaced by 21-year old Shea Theodore. Fowler does have trade value and he’s signed for another season and carries a $4 million salary cap hit. There is likely a team that would be willing to offer up a top-six foward for Fowler.

On the Anaheim Ducks and Detroit Red Wings …

Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: The Red Wings need to acquire a defenseman and have targeted Cam Fowler. The Ducks want to keep Fowler and would prefer to move Clayton Stoner and his $3.25 million salary cap hit. They likely won’t be able to move Stoner.

So... while the Ducks do not have to move a defenseman... they may move a defenseman depending on how their offense plays out??  Maybe the Wings can get in on that... but there should be  no interest in Stoner whatsoever!

On the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba …

Ken Wiebe: Jacob Trouba’s agent, Kurt Overhardt:  “It’s status quo. Nothing has changed. The document we put out still stands.”

Gary Lawless of TSN: There are lots of comparables for Jacob Trouba now – around $5.5 million a season for six years.

Teams are calling the Jets about potential trades. Trouba’s agent is talking to teams about potential contract demands if he’s traded.

Darren Dreger on Insider Trading:

“Now, it’s believed that the Winnipeg Jets still are willing to present an offer of six years at 5.5-million, but the Trouba camp insists that it’s not about the money, it’s about the fit, it’s about his usage,” reported Dreger. “But Winnipeg determines the fit, either in Winnipeg or elsewhere. And perhaps the market isn’t as big as Jacob Trouba would like, and a couple of general managers tell me that there has been Canadian interest directed at Winnipeg, but the belief is that Trouba doesn’t see a fit in Canada.”

When contacted after Dreger’s report, Overhardt had this to say:

“The situation is solely about usage. As we have previously stated, it has nothing to do with Winnipeg as Jacob has the upmost respect for the fans, the city, his teammates and organization,” Overhardt told TSN. “Several teams remain interested in Jacob and are willing to work with the club.”

Lawless notes that the “perception of an anti-Winnipeg and now anti-Canada bias grows.”

Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff still values Trouba and wants him to play for the Jets.

Agents have stated that Trouba has to be in the mindset that he may not play before December 1st

...sounds like Trouba wants the D.  He needs the D.

Edited by e_prime

Trouba definitely wants to be a Red Wing, no question. Not just because it's his home state, and favourite team growing up, but I do believe that it actually is all about opportunity for this kid. He wants to play in the top 4 and on his right side, both of those are not an option in Winnipeg and definitely are in Detroit. I think the Wings would be a perfect fit for him, but for whatever reason I've always felt that he'll end up in Boston... I hope not... The problem is, I don't think either Detroit, Boston or Colorado (another potential trading partner) have what Cheveldayoff is looking for. So if they want to get a deal done, they may have to come down on their demands. I really can't see Trouba signing with Winnipeg at this point, and I really can't see him sitting out a full season. Fingers crossed he comes to the D...