• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

Jacob Trouba watch

Rate this topic

They won't let him sit out the whole year, either he gets signed or traded. I'm pretty sure with RFAS if you don't reach a deal the following year that player can become ufa? So Trouba can take a year off & sign with who he wants

Win win either way Winnipeg is going no where but that Laine kid is special... Best shot I've ever seen obviously ovi has the best one timer in today's game I know his wrister is nasty too but I think his shot is just really heavy Laines seems light speed fast

On October 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM, marcaractac said:

You don't get OEL without a package that starts off with Larkin under any circumstances. We also cannot wait FOUR YEARS to finally acquire a defenseman. Mantha is exactly the type of guy you give up to get a guy like Trouba. You gotta give to get. We'd have to clean out the farm to land OEL. 

Sorry for the late replay haven't been on ... 

Point was I'd be more ok  for me to include mantha in a package deal for someone like oel, i know mantha alone wouldn't be enough and if they'd also want Larkin then forget it 

I'd personally just wait those 4 years, like I said were not winning the cup anyways , and we have a star goalie in mrazek to help us win lots of games we shouldn't 

yes it's very hard to get a top pairing dman but it's almost or just as hard to get a top goal scoring winger with mantha's size , yes he's doing it in the ahl but he's just got all the tools and abilities to translate that to the NHL , he missed NHL training camp and pre season and struggled in his first ahl season and I'm willing to bet that delayed his progress 

I think 2 years into his NHL career we'll all be grateful we didn't trade him .... I love athanasiou and his speed and abilities and don't want to trade him but I'd part with him before mantha as I think his upside is much higher 

trust me I'd love to have trouba here , we just might have to wait and likely will, Ryan sproul has been looking good which will help, just sucks though I been hearing we might lose ouellet on waivers which is just stupid 

With the Ducks now being Cap compliant, the need to move a player is not there at the moment, but if they could acquire a top 6 forward for the same or less cap hit as Fowler, they could be players.  Now, Nyquist has always been in the conversation, but I think they may jump at Tatar considering his low cap hit, that would give them even more room when players return from the IR. We'd still have to make room, maybe include XO in the deal and (unfortunately) send AA back to GR to make it work...could get interesting!

I think trading Tatar, Ouellet for Fowler and sending Athanasiou to Grand Rapids makes us significantly worse. Ouellet isn't even in the lineup, so who are you taking out? Marchenko? So now you're removing Tatar, Athanasiou and Marchenko from the current lineup and inserting Fowler. I think Fowler is a decent top 4 defenseman, but he's marginally better than DeKeyser, and isn't worth what it will take to get him. Overpay for Trouba if you're going to overpay for a defenseman. No need to overpay for Fowler, especially since our defence has been somewhat better than expected so far...

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

With the Ducks now being Cap compliant, the need to move a player is not there at the moment, but if they could acquire a top 6 forward for the same or less cap hit as Fowler, they could be players.  Now, Nyquist has always been in the conversation, but I think they may jump at Tatar considering his low cap hit, that would give them even more room when players return from the IR. We'd still have to make room, maybe include XO in the deal and (unfortunately) send AA back to GR to make it work...could get interesting!

For the Ducks it basically comes down to how willing they are to lose a big dman for nothing at the expansion draft. I feel they move Fowler by the trade deadline regardless of what they say now. Having said that, I'm not convinced Fowler is the guy Detroit should go for. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

For the Ducks it basically comes down to how willing they are to lose a big dman for nothing at the expansion draft. I feel they move Fowler by the trade deadline regardless of what they say now. Having said that, I'm not convinced Fowler is the guy Detroit should go for. 

With the "one last shot" comments from Anaheim, I'd guess they wouldn't consider trading him unless they think it will make them better. Then, if they haven't moved anyone, they'll look for something at the end of the season.

The silver lining is that with their cap issue solved for now, and the Ducks again having some scoring issues, maybe it puts Nyquist back in play as a trade asset. 

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, they have to protect Bieska, unless they can trade him, and then they have to choose who else. Lindholm and Vatanen seem the most logical.

Can Bieska waive his NMC for the draft? I dont see why he wouldn't, Very doubtful Vegas would take him, and this way Anaheim can protect their big 3 therefore making his team better.

Edited by kliq

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think Nyquist alone would be enough to get Fowler. I'd consider a one for one deal, but I wouldn't add anything of significance with it... I'd personally rather trade Tatar but I know I'm in the minority there...

I would also rather trade Tatar. People use the argument of the cap, but by next season Tats will be making the same or more. I think people get down on Gus because he was so good back in 2014, that 2015 and 2016 just put a bad taste in their mouth. Personally I am a huge fan of Nyquist and want to see him here for the duration of his contract unless its a deal that is too good to pass up (ie. a trade for Trouba).

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think Nyquist alone would be enough to get Fowler. I'd consider a one for one deal, but I wouldn't add anything of significance with it... I'd personally rather trade Tatar but I know I'm in the minority there...

No, he wouldn't be enough, and I wouldn't add much either, but I don't think we would have to. If the Ducks go looking for a scoring winger, I don't think they could find much better than Nyquist available.

Regarding Nyquist .vs Tatar; I see them as basically equal. The only reason I specify Nyquist is because the cap works without requiring any extra moves.

On the Winnipeg Jets and Jacob Trouba …

Chris Nichols of Today’s Slaphot: Darren Dreger on TSN 1040 on if he thinks injuries to Tyler Myers and Mark Stuart and the Jets 4-5-0 start could speed up Jacob Trouba trade talk.

“I don’t,” said Dreger. “I guess I take that lead from the time I spent around the (Jets’) brass at the Heritage Classic last weekend. You’re right, injury can change a lot of things. I suppose it’s possible that there’s a team that finally steps up with the right package or the right young defenseman, but I don’t get the sense that anyone has done that to this point.”

Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet: Teams have contacted the Boston Bruins about forward Ryan Spooner. Spooner will be a restricted free agent at the end of the season and will be looking to make more than the $1 million he’s getting this year. Friedman can only see the Bruins wanting to move Spooner is if they get a good, young defenseman back in a deal.

Reports denied that Trouba could be considering a short-term bridge contract with the Jets.

On the Boston Bruins and Jacob Trouba …

Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: Ryan Spooner’s name has been involved in trade talk according to Sportsnet. Spooner has struggled this season, recording only a goal and assist in seven games.

The Bruins are going to have move someone like Spooner if they want to acquire a top-four defenseman.

Nick Kypreos reported that the Jets were reportedly asking for Spooner, Brandon Carlo and a draft pick for Jacob Trouba.

Kypreos added that, that package would be too much for the Bruins.

I know, I know, it's Kypreos. So, take it for what it is:  Rumor... but...

Spooner (a second/third line winger,) Carlo (their top prospect/rookie defenseman whose played exactly 9 NHL games) and a draft pick... I can see how Boston isn't going to make that trade with their depth problems, but  how do we not have something along those lines or better to offer Winnipeg?

Edited by e_prime

12 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I know, I know, it's Kypreos. So, take it for what it is:  Rumor... but...

Spooner (a second/third line winger,) Carlo (their top prospect/rookie defenseman whose played exactly 9 NHL games) and a draft pick... I can see how Boston isn't going to make that trade with their depth problems, but  how do we not have something along those lines or better to offer Winnipeg?

Depends what draft pick they want. Nyquist/Tatar + Sproul/Ouellet seems fairly close, but who knows if the Jets would agree. If they want a high pick added with that, it's too much. Especially if they only wanted Tatar, which would mean we'd have to make another deal to clear cap room.

We definitely don't have anything comparable to Carlo, but you'd think Tatar would at least be somewhat comparable to Spooner. I'd do Tatar, Ouellet and a high pick without hesitation, which is why that probably isn't enough to get it done...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We definitely don't have anything comparable to Carlo, but you'd think Tatar would at least be somewhat comparable to Spooner. I'd do Tatar, Ouellet and a high pick without hesitation, which is why that probably isn't enough to get it done...

I don't want to shift this thread to a discussion on Boston's prospects, but is Carlo that good?

...and I agree Buppy, Tatar/Nyquist + XO/Sproul + pick would seem to be enough.

...my guess is that salary is the biggest sticking point for the Wings being able to make a real move on Trouba.

I don't think it's that Carlo is that good, I just don't really think we have anything comparable. The closest we would have in my opinion is Sproul, and when you look at Carlo being 19 with 2 points (1 goal, 1 assist) in 9 games and Sproul being 23 with 2 points (2 assists) in 6 games, chances are you'd value the guy 4 years younger a little more.

Maybe such a package would get it done, but if so, why hasn't it been done yet? 

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Maybe such a package would get it done, but if so, why hasn't it been done yet? 

Probably because Chevy is eyeing the bigger prizes while Kenny is trying to unload a $4 million dollar contract the other way.

This whole Trouba thing really seems to come down a.) Chevy getting his asking price or b.) no trade at all :(

Gagne is on LTIR so the Ducks have enough space to keep their roster together till he comes back.

The reality is simple: help needs to arrive via a very good draft pick position

41 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

This whole Trouba thing really seems to come down a.) Chevy getting his asking price or b.) no trade at all :(

Gagne is on LTIR so the Ducks have enough space to keep their roster together till he comes back.

The reality is simple: help needs to arrive via a very good draft pick position

The Ducks seem to be "all in" for this season, so Fowler getting traded isn't going to happen unless there's a major colapse on their part.  Their cap is set because it's more like an IF than WHEN for Gag... errr Despres. (thanks kr ;))

We need help through a trade ...AND drafting... and icing the right pairings... and coaching.

Edited by e_prime
EDIT: wrong player

The Ducks seem to be "all in" for this season, so Fowler getting traded isn't going to happen unless there's a major colapse on their part.  Their cap is set because it's more like an IF than WHEN for Gag... errr Despres. (thanks kr )
We need help through a trade ...AND drafting... and icing the right pairings... and coaching.

oh well my Bad then but point stands both aren't available, for prices the Wings can afford to pay