• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT : at Red Wings 5, Ottawa Senators 1

#RedWings change couple lines at skate: Abdelkader-Nielsen-Sheahan Tatar-Larkin-Zetterberg Nyquist-Helm-Vanek Athanasiou-Glendening-Miller

#RedWings change couple defense pairs: DeKeyser-Green Smith-Ouellet Ericsson-Marchenko

Mrazek in starter's net for #RedWings

1 minute ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

#RedWings change couple lines at skate: Abdelkader-Nielsen-Sheahan Tatar-Larkin-Zetterberg Nyquist-Helm-Vanek Athanasiou-Glendening-Miller

#RedWings change couple defense pairs: DeKeyser-Green Smith-Ouellet Ericsson-Marchenko

Mrazek in starter's net for #RedWings

Was just about to post these. Not sure why Blashill seems set on putting two NFP guys like Abdelkader and Sheahan on the same line. Only thing I can think of is he wants to match them up to shut down other top lines.

If he's so keen on using those guys in the top-six group, I'd much rather see Tatar-Nielsen-Sheahan, Abdelkader-Larkin-Z.

Embarrassed in Florida...no Sproul and no Ott...

Loss.

When is Blashill going to have the revelation that Ericsson is hot garbage and doesn't even do the word "pylon" any justice?  I am still for MIller sitting for Ott as well.

Here's Blashill's philosophy....play ok, lose, make lineup changes, get embarrassed, lose worse, keep same lineup.

I'm beginning to believe Blashill was a mistake.

Also he is trying to force Sheahan to be a scorer, when he is not. He is a bottom 6 guy, stop with the whole "piano mover" ideology bulls***.  Your best player thus far is buried on the 3rd line.

Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek

Zetterberg - Larkin - Athanasiou

Nyquist - Helm - Abdelkader

Sheahan - Glendening - Ott

It is so simple.

Weird combination of Abdelkader-Nielsen-Sheahan, won´t be surprised if -3 against EK-Stone. Nielsen with technical skills, ok, put there "I don´t know where the net is" Abdelkader. 

Larkin, Z and Tatar are all -4, ok so put them together. Larkin needs some boost up? Fine! Have Hank as a winger! 

Don´t trust these Blashill´s shuffles anymore, same like last year and still the same old song, this is just a random blablabla, I can´t see the logic inside and all will see the result. Defensive changes make at least some sense.

Optimistic scenario:  2:3OT (Helm, Miller - Brassard 2, EK in OT) 

They won't happen because Blashill feels he has to have a "piano puller" on each line. Forget loading your top 6 with everyone who is a scoring threat and just overwhelming the other team. Even in the lines I put up, the 3rd can be a pain in the ass to teams.

I am willing to bet Tatar - Nielsen - Vanek would be killer. If Z must play, I also like putting him and Larkin back together, and now add the speed and skill of AA? Just having Larkin and AA on the same line would be deadly. I wish upon wishes, that if we're not trading Mantha, that we'd see those 3 together.

Team will play much more fired up and desperate tonight.  I expect a win.

Serious question.  Is Franzen even a member of the team officially?  They have him listed as being out every game, but my understanding is that he's never expected to return.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Team will play much more fired up and desperate tonight.  I expect a win.

Serious question.  Is Franzen even a member of the team officially?  They have him listed as being out every game, but my understanding is that he's never expected to return.  

Long term injured reserve

Didn't Nielsen run with Tavares last year? Hmm Tavares is kinda sniper type guy Vanek is pissed and wanting to score and he kinda sorta our sniper. Why not put them together along with a piano puller?

Or maybe the magic Eight Ball sorted these new lines. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings
forgot a word

15 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Didn't Nielsen run with Tavares last year? Hmm Tavares is kinda sniper type guy Vanek is pissed and wanting to score and he kinda sorta our sniper. Why not put them together along with a piano puller?

Or maybe the magic Eight Ball sorted these new lines. 

Any chance we can trade Zetterberg for Tavares?

49 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Long term injured reserve

Not sure why he doesn't just announce his retirement.