• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/17 GDT : at Red Wings 5, Ottawa Senators 1

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Mrazek in the mix also, great game out of him.

Agreed, but how often does Helm have a multi goal game and Vanek also had the great back check to go with his assists.

Great game. Love seeing Green score a hat trick, I've thought he's been good since he signed here. (Obviously not great defensively but we knew that)

Ericsson still sucks, and Miller is still an elite penalty killer. Let's keep it going on Wednesday!

Just now, MotorCityMadness said:

Well if that was the case then you would stack the 2 majors on top of one another and the on ice strength would be 5 on 3 for the full 5 mins and captain's choice of who comes back out of the box first after both majors expire...I have been reffing for 20 years now :lol:

Nice.  I always wondered how that worked.  Of course, if Ferschweiler was still coaching the PP it would be no goals and a shorty against.  Cool that you ref.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Just checked box score. 5-1 Wings...wow what a turnaround!! Vanek's gonna be the man for this team. Mrazek solid again, but got the W this time.

I see Errorsson fought Phaneuf in the 1st? How'd that go? lol

Better than the puck to the face! 

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but Ericsson hasn't been as completely horrible as everyone hopes he will be. 

Probably due to limited minutes, but I'll take the guy's that's been decent in his own end and is willing to drop the mitts over 1st pairing Ericsson any day.

Edited by e_prime

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but Ericsson hasn't been as completely horrible as everyone hopes he will be. 

Probably due to limited minutes, but I'll take the guy's that's been decent in his own end and is willing to drop the mitts over 1st pairing Ericsson any day.

That's the thing, he was put in a position where he shouldn't have been. I always thought he'd be a steady third pairing guy. He's been looking pretty decent.

Unfortunately his salary isn't matching where he belongs though lol. 

Loved everything about that game. At times they were completely dominant with their relentless puck pursuit. That's going to be key for this season. They have something they're good at

They do get rattled at times and make some dumb mistakes with the puck but overall the D looked a lot better

Edited by joesuffP

Just got back from the game, great way to kick off the final year at JLA!

The PP was definitely looking good tonight. Obviously Green is not going to score like this every game, but this is what we have needed since Lidstrom retired, a PP QB that has a shot from the point.

I thought Zetterberg looked pretty good, not sure how it came off on TV, but he was getting into the corners, battling for the puck and winning those battles. While he has definitely slowed down, he still has something left in the tank. Good move switching him to the Wing. That outlet pass to Helm was awesome.

Vanek was also very impressive. I was not a huge fan of the signing as I wanted to Mantha or AA in that spot, but if he continues to play like this I'll have to give Holland credit for this one. I'll give some props to Lefty as well, you wanted this signing and have talked it up for months now.... so far so good!

Even E looked good. Ill take what he gave us tonight out of a third pairing guy anyday.

Offensively Sheahan didn't look great, made a few blunders. I would like to see him on the fourth line for Miller, and AA in that spot.

Edited by kliq

Here are some pics from yesterday:

Gordie Howe Entrance Stairway

stairs_zpskyj14erz.jpg

Red Carpet tunnel:

tunnel_zps86nwybt8.jpg

Dunno_zpssxcm5dty.jpg

Who_zpsyssylqvl.jpg

Who%202_zpsd5bx2u4x.jpg

For those who have never been to Detroit, the buildings in the background of this pic are in Canada!

I%20see%20Canada_zpsnptrteyf.jpg

AA_zpswbqht5xt.jpg

Miller_zpsbqa2ktfo.jpg

20161017_165620_zpsony3tlax.jpg

20161017_1656250_zpsst2i3m8i.jpg

Hank_zpsejk2eo1y.jpg

20161017_165945_zpshkukcl3m.jpg

20161017_1708030_zpstswdnmwt.jpg

We entered insanely early, but it looked SO cool it was worth it:

Early%20arrival_zpsppola9id.jpg

Early%20arrival%202_zpsky2bcjbe.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Vanek has been a very pleasant surprise so far. If he keeps it up, just mostly of what he's done so far he is the steal of the year in my opinion.

He very well could be, he is playing like a man possessed.  It gives me hope.