• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Juklitz

Tatar interviewed in Slovak news: About team's start, his shoulder, and trade rumors

Rate this topic

Interview with Tatar in slovak news:

http://hokej.pravda.sk/nhl/clanok/408210-limituje-ma-bolave-rameno-aj-pri-strelbe/

Aprox trans:

Q: 1-4 at Florida?

A: Have to play better, they are easily getting into chances. We have to help ourselves and shoot some goals, Mrazek was holding our point chances.... Bad start for us these two matches, making too much errors.

edit: some Qs about WCH and some generic answers how it was good...

Q: Back to Detroit after WCH

A: Was quick return, spent only last two days on the camp with team. And we started that bad then.

Q: What about your shoulder? (????? edit.)

A: Still painfull, can´t shoot and reach long pucks, going to suffer for whole season. (!!!!, edit, so hope you enjoyed WCH!)

Q: What new in your team?

A: Lot of new guys, they have to adapt to our game system (?), as we have too..

Q: Trade?

A: Heard some rumours, yes, me and Nyquist have some value.. But I don´t think our gm wanted really to trade us. But not sure.

Sounds like a little poisoning of the well..

Yeah, I think I have trade value. Oh, bee tee dubs, my shoulder hurts and makes it hard to - ya know - play hockey and whatnot. 

(guess I'll just chill here in Motown)

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Neither have I, but this little news tidbit almost guarantees that he will be deemed 'damaged goods' by many GMs around the league.

Rotator cuff injury since last season almost made him miss the world championships - http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/04/26/detroit-red-wings-tomas-tatar/83571030/

Holland said Tatar was dealing with a rotator cuff injury. Tatar wouldn’t specify what the injury was, but said he had to be cleared by team doctors in order to play.

“I had a little medical problem, so I have to do some stuff here,” Tatar said. “It kind of came from the regular season and it went all the way to the playoffs. I don’t really want to talk about it now till I will know 100% what it is.”

Edited by FireCaptain
added quote

There´s another slovak interview with Tatar

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/254914/tomas-tatar-po-neuspechu-ma-mozu-aj-vymenit/

try google translate if you want, but the most interesting points:

- admited Wings playing terrible this season, one game good, three games bad, can´t see the reason and way how to get out of this. Mentioned PPs to be one of the points.

- they do understand they are going to be the first Wings roster without p-o in last 26 years (I believe this is psychological anchor), very dangerous situation

- saying there are going to be big changes if team if won´t make it to play-offs...

- he (probably) would like to be traded out of Detroit. Confirmed he wanted to leave last season. Now looking forward to TDL... (he´s not saying it directly, but you can see the point there). 

- saying his shoulder is getting just worst. Surgery is inevitable in post-season, there are moments he can´t even move his arm.

- he does not think Mrazek is losing his position, but obviously, there´s bad spirit all over the team right now

- didn´t like last year Avs open game, but loved Leafs game last week

- feels regrets for Jurco, saying he deserves some chance (I don´t agree)

He has had some ´Christmas without mobiles´ campaign. So he posted christmas selfie with stupid hashtags.

Tatar shouldn't be the one to be traded, it should be Nyquist. :evil:

5 hours ago, Juklitz said:

There´s another slovak interview with Tatar

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/254914/tomas-tatar-po-neuspechu-ma-mozu-aj-vymenit/

try google translate if you want, but the most interesting points:

- admited Wings playing terrible this season, one game good, three games bad, can´t see the reason and way how to get out of this. Mentioned PPs to be one of the points. (Torch is a the PP coach, what does that tell you).

- they do understand they are going to be the first Wings roster without p-o in last 26 years (I believe this is psychological anchor), very dangerous situation (Nothing you can do about it with the coaching you guys are getting.  Sorry about that)

- saying there are going to be big changes if team if won´t make it to play-offs... (Like firing the coaching staff would go a long ways)

- he (probably) would like to be traded out of Detroit. Confirmed he wanted to leave last season. Now looking forward to TDL... (he´s not saying it directly, but you can see the point there). (I hope he doesn't get traded.  It should be Nyquist.)

- saying his shoulder is getting just worst. Surgery is inevitable in post-season, there are moments he can´t even move his arm. (:()

- he does not think Mrazek is losing his position, but obviously, there´s bad spirit all over the team right now (He's right)

- didn´t like last year Avs open game, but loved Leafs game last week

- feels regrets for Jurco, saying he deserves some chance (I don´t agree)

He has had some ´Christmas without mobiles´ campaign. So he posted christmas selfie with stupid hashtags.

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Tatar shouldn't be the one to be traded, it should be Nyquist. :evil:

What?? Why should Tatar not be traded and Nyquist should? Both played 40 games and have 18 points each. They're both equally having terrible seasons in their total point productions. It's more embarassing for Tatar because he's on the top line with Zetterberg and Mantha who are the two best right now and they're both outshining him, even carrying him on some plays. Nyquist plays on a third line...

if anything I say Tatar should be the one traded. Clearly from this interview he doesn't want to be in Detroit. Well if that's the case then fans don't want him either. Get out if you don't like it here Tatar. 

But putting all that aside, I'd probably trade both. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Well this explains why they just dont seem to care some nights.

Interviews like these just show you the locker room attitude. Some of these players don't give a s***. Especially when they say something along the lines of "looking forward to trade deadline"

Assuming the translation is correct.

Regardless when people have the attitude of not wanting to be in a place, they tend to not apply themselves fully. It's just human nature.

Edited by kickazz

The way how I do understand his answers in his mother language is "it´s not good, but I don´t care a lot". There are five questions about team results, p-o etc. and he´s saying just "it´s not good", not a single hint visible, which I´d definitely expect from team veteran who should be leading and holding the team banner in front line.

Hard to say, even my boss is saying something like "it´s good strategy and it´s execution what gives your people motivation and encouraging them to maximum effort...".

I probably would have requested a trade last year too if I was him.  He was stuck on the third line getting garbage minutes.  He had less top six time than Richards or Helm.  But if he still wants to go then Holland should dangle him.  Don't necessarily trade him, I mean, the Trouba and Drouin trade requests didn't necessarily mean those guys wanted out permanently.  Just wanted to see changes made.  They got what they wanted and are playing great so I wouldn't say "do it" just to do it.

Edited by kipwinger

If he actually said these things, wow. That's quite an honest interview. Most athletes won't give the media much into what's going on inside the locker room and off the ice. He just lays it all out there. 

2 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

Btw, european players (in my case czech and slovak) are imho way more honest when interviewed by local media.

Just seems crazy to me. About the only time you see that in America is some primadonna football player, and even they've dialed it way back in that sport. 

Trading Tatar and/or Nyquist is not going to get us much. Tatar is admitting he is hurt and he is a RFA this summer. He going to want Nyquist type of money. As for Nyquist he ahs 4 year left IIRC at 4.75 million per year. For an undersized averaged speed F on pace to score 8 goals this year that contract is a huge anchor. Thank you Kenny!

If Tatar is an RFA this summer then he'd have good value.  He's obviously a very good player (injury aside) and if someone could get a guy of his offensive ability AND have him be cost controlled via RFA they'd jump at it.  I would. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If Tatar is an RFA this summer then he'd have good value.  He's obviously a very good player (injury aside) and if someone could get a guy of his offensive ability AND have him be cost controlled via RFA they'd jump at it.  I would. 

4.75 million per year for a guy on pace to score 14 goals this year with a bad shoulder. That is not a high value asset. If he has to have surgery this summer like he was hinting at, he may not even be ready at the start of next season. Depending on the injury etc....

It would be a slight gamble, depending on how routine the injury/surgery is.  Given that he's playing through it I'm guessing that it's probably not career threatening or anything.  And again, RFA's have huge value in trades because the organization holds all the cards when it comes to negotiations.  His "pace" is sort of irrelevant in this scenario because A) he's injured, and B) our team is awful.  He's pretty clearly shown he's a 20+ goal scorer over his career.  4.75 million is a steal for that production, especially because the term on RFA contracts is usually fairly short. 

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

Trading Tatar and/or Nyquist is not going to get us much. Tatar is admitting he is hurt and he is a RFA this summer. He going to want Nyquist type of money. As for Nyquist he ahs 4 year left IIRC at 4.75 million per year. For an undersized averaged speed F on pace to score 8 goals this year that contract is a huge anchor. Thank you Kenny!

Nyquist is one of the fastest skater after AA, Larkin and Helm. 

Edited by kickazz

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Nyquist is one of the fastest skater after AA, Larkin and Helm. 

Depends on how you describe fast. he is quick side to side, but not in straight line speed. That does not mean he is slow, but he doesn't have great speed. Tatar, Abby, maybe neilson are also equal or faster at the F position. I wouldn't be surprised if DD and Sproul are faster.

30 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Depends on how you describe fast. he is quick side to side, but not in straight line speed. That does not mean he is slow, but he doesn't have great speed. Tatar, Abby, maybe neilson are also equal or faster at the F position. I wouldn't be surprised if DD and Sproul are faster.

Nyquist is faster than all the players you just mentioned up and down the ice. His short strides when he starts give him good acceleration. Take a look at his backcheck and forecheck on this play. Says it all. 

Edited by kickazz