• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/19 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Rangers 1

Howard stole 2 points you couldn't ask for better goaltending. It's games like this where strong defensive forwards were leaned on. Had to win key battles and weather the storm and they did. Noticed Mike Green on the ice for the last seconds

The defense just kills the wings flow offensively. Even against Ottawa when they seemed to be clicking offensively the D really dragged their ass and kept the game up for grabs. Ouellette has really impressed me. Marchenko has been terrible. The D just works in waves. They can get the job done for a period then they suck for periods

Edited by joesuffP

To everyone of you that thought/thinks Redwing hockey is dead, FU!!!!!  This was a HUGE 2 pts! Jimmy still has it, and I feel so good for him. He won this game, but many here wanted him gone 3 years ago. Vanek is our best player, but, lets slam the GM for not doing "anything" to make our team better. Many, many people were throwing this team under the bus because they lost 2 games,  against 2 good teams in Florida. We still have a pretty darn good hockey team wearing the Red & White. We are not anywhere close to where we need to be to win a cup, but come on Red Wings fans. Let's support our team, instead of ALWAYS slamming them

Edited by Wing-in-avs-town

4 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Howard stole 2 points you couldn't ask for better goaltending. It's games like this where strong defensive forwards were leaned on. Had to win key battles and weather the storm and they did. Noticed Mike Green on the ice for the last seconds

The defense just kills the wings flow offensively. Even against Ottawa when they seemed to be clicking offensively the D really dragged their ass and kept the game up for grabs. Ouellette has really impressed me. Marchenko has been terrible. The D just works in waves. They can get the job done for a period then they suck for periods

Howard for President!

I will give credit to howard. I am not a fan of his at all but he worked hard and got the team the win tonight. I do not think this should be opening up the idea of a goalie battle... It was one game and frankly he always plays good against the rangers. The net is still petrs but it is nice that jimmy got a confident start so when he does play hes more confident.

With any luck the kings watched the game tonight and kenny throws a package today to movehoward. Its best for the team.

9 minutes ago, Vladiator said:

Damn Jimmy..think that's one the best games I've ever seen him play....now who do the Wings want from LA???

We would probably get Petr Budaj in return. Goalie for Goalie. Howard would be more of a salary dump for us. 

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Yeah, the defensive forwards were certainly leaned on, with Glendening and Miller on the ice for 14:46 and 16:08 respectively. But don't kid yourself into thinking that was necessarily a good thing. Once again they were hemmed in their zone for virtually the entire time they were on the ice, other than that amazing game winning goal... In a game that seen most lines struggle, once again our 4th line was our worst in regards to possession. Glendening, Miller and Athanasiou were 23.8, 20, 20 corsi percentages... That's awful. Of course, they did score that key goal and were our only three forwards that finished with a plus rating, so there's that... 

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

Well I mean you're right. Zetterberg did lead the ice time with 19:23 and Nielsen was second with 17:30. To close out the game with 2-1 lead, Blashill put Zetterberg and Nielsen in the last 2 minutes of the game. Zetterberg was also the guy taking the faceoffs against Zibanejad in those two minutes and won his faceoffs (except 1). So yes you are right, the STRONG DEFENSIVE forwards we're definitely leaned on. The same two guys that were nominated for Selke trophies in their careers. 

Glad we agree on something! ;)

Edited by kickazz

Well that was a VERY unexpected performance from Howard after he looked as bad in the first as he has for quite a bit of the last 2-3 years. Then all of a sudden he looked like 2010 Howard again. He stopped THREE breakaways, which are usually his achilles heel. Definitly stole this game, along with Miller capitalizing on a fluky blunder by Lundqvist for the game winner. Vanek again on the score sheet on the PP..he's been huge.

I doubt tonight's performance by Howard is enough to get trade talks going, as he's been very inconsistant over his career. GMs in need of goaltending will want to see more first, but i'm sure it's helped get their attention. Good job Jimmy.

2 hours ago, Y19 said:

ANOTHER breakaway stopped by Howard!  Why can't he do that during shootouts?

He can't usually stop them at any point in a game.

I agree with kickazz....if LA wants Howie, do it straight up for Budaj. Don't get greedy and ask for more, just getting rid of that cap hit is a HUGE win for us. This is nothing against Howard, I actually really like him as a goalie. Its just cap management.

Edited by kliq

Well something ain't right. Helm was not suppose to score that goal Tuesday and we were certainly not suppose to win at Msg tonight.

2 and 2 is a record I'll buy any day at season start with 3 away games. 

I'm in good spirits for now. Doubt it'll last but I'll take it. 

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Well I mean you're right. Zetterberg did lead the ice time with 19:23 and Nielsen was second with 17:30. To close out the game with 2-1 lead, Blashill put Zetterberg and Nielsen in the last 2 minutes of the game. Zetterberg was also the guy taking the faceoffs against Zibanejad in those two minutes and won his faceoffs (except 1). So yes you are right, the STRONG DEFENSIVE forwards we're definitely leaned on. The same two guys that were nominated for Selke trophies in their careers. 

Glad we agree on something! ;)

i know we sucked possession wise but I think that's more to do with the defense being trash then our scoring players getting benched. We were playing on our heels regardless because of the defense play and our big forwards won the battles and cleared the zone where AA Larkin would be puck chasing and not blocking shots. I'm sorry but it's a real thing. Miller had about as good of a game as you can expect. Most of the credit goes to Howard obviously no sarcasm

4 hours ago, Wing-in-avs-town said:

To everyone of you that thought/thinks Redwing hockey is dead, FU!!!!!  This was a HUGE 2 pts! Jimmy still has it, and I feel so good for him. He won this game, but many here wanted him gone 3 years ago. Vanek is our best player, but, lets slam the GM for not doing "anything" to make our team better. Many, many people were throwing this team under the bus because they lost 2 games,  against 2 good teams in Florida.

Lets settle down there cowboy. Just because your goalie is forced to stand on his head to win a game doesn't mean this team isn't a bottom tier team. In fact it proves the point of how far they have fallen. They were utterly dominated tonight and it wasn't even close. If your goalies are forced to play that good every night to get points you are going to lose a lot more games than you will win. Detroit's goaltenders have vastly outplayed the oppositions goalies in every game this year and even so are lucky to be 2-2 and not 1-3. As long as the rest of the teams play forces the Mrazek and Howard to be as good as they have every night this team isn't a playoff team. Ive been a Howard supporter around here but lets be honest he has been horrible the last two years and should have been moved. Other teams wanted nothing to do with him even knowing they could get him cheap from Detroit. Hes got Hall of Fame numbers in Madison Square Garden. The problem is his numbers in the other 29 buildings arent so good. A good season from him is needed so that Detroit can either trade him and get some value back or guarantee that Las Vegas takes him in the expansion draft. And yes Holland should be slammed for not making this team better because he hasnt. This team hasnt finished better than 3rd in their division since 2010-2011. He is not making this team better. They have either regressed or been stagnate every year since then.

10 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Lets settle down there cowboy. Just because your goalie is forced to stand on his head to win a game doesn't mean this team isn't a bottom tier team. In fact it proves the point of how far they have fallen. They were utterly dominated tonight and it wasn't even close. If your goalies are forced to play that good every night to get points you are going to lose a lot more games than you will win. Detroit's goaltenders have vastly outplayed the oppositions goalies in every game this year and even so are lucky to be 2-2 and not 1-3. As long as the rest of the teams play forces the Mrazek and Howard to be as good as they have every night this team isn't a playoff team. Ive been a Howard supporter around here but lets be honest he has been horrible the last two years and should have been moved. Other teams wanted nothing to do with him even knowing they could get him cheap from Detroit. Hes got Hall of Fame numbers in Madison Square Garden. The problem is his numbers in the other 29 buildings arent so good. A good season from him is needed so that Detroit can either trade him and get some value back or guarantee that Las Vegas takes him in the expansion draft. And yes Holland should be slammed for not making this team better because he hasnt. This team hasnt finished better than 3rd in their division since 2010-2011. He is not making this team better. They have either regressed or been stagnate every year since then.

I agree with your first narrative, disagree with your second. Obviously the previous poster is is getting way to ahead of themselves, but so are you. I dont care if the Wings are 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 1-3, or 0-4.......4 games into an 82 game season proves nothing. Please understand, I am not saying you are wrong, you may very well end up being right, what I am saying is that nothing is "proven" yet.

27 minutes ago, kliq said:

I agree with your first narrative, disagree with your second. Obviously the previous poster is is getting way to ahead of themselves, but so are you. I dont care if the Wings are 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 1-3, or 0-4.......4 games into an 82 game season proves nothing. Please understand, I am not saying you are wrong, you may very well end up being right, what I am saying is that nothing is "proven" yet.

Just to clarify so I am not wrong on your opinion. You dont agree with me saying the wings are a lower tier team or that forcing your goalie to stand on their head ever game shows they are not better than last year?

Edited by GoalieManPat