• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/19 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Rangers 1

Wednesday, October 19th Gameday Thread

Detroit Red Wings at New York Rangers

8:00 PM EST

Detroit Red Wings Starting Lineup (Projected)

Abdelkader - Nielsen - Sheahan

Tatar - Larkin - Zetterberg

Nyquist - Helm - Vanek

Athanasiou - Glendening - Miller

DeKeyser - Green

Smith - Ouellet

Ericsson - Marchenko

Jimmy Howard

New York Rangers Lineup (Projected)

Kreider - Zibanejad - Nash

Vesey - Stepan - Zuccarello

Miller - Hayes - Fast

Jooris - Pirri - Grabner

McDonagh - Holden

Staal - Klein

Skjei - Clendening

Henrik Lundqvist

Octi.jpg

Let's Go Howard!! Show off your trade value, er, I mean skills.

Lines according to MLIVE:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2016/10/red_wings_lineup_vs_rangers_ji.html#incart_river_index

"Tomas Tatar-Dylan Larkin-Henrik Zetterberg

Justin Abdelkader-Frans Nielsen-Riley Sheahan

Gustav Nyquist-Darren Helm-Thomas Vanek

Andreas Athanasiou-Luke Glendening-Drew Miller

Steve Ott (healthy scratch)

Tomas Jurco, who had off-season back surgery, skated after practice.

The defense pairs:

Danny DeKeyser-Mike Green

Brendan Smith-Xavier Ouellet

Jonathan Ericsson- Alexey Marchenko

Ryan Sproul (healthy scratch). Niklas Kronwall did not skate.

In goal:

Jimmy Howard (starting)"

Second line is pretty ugly. Either AA should switch with Sheahan or at least switch Tatar and Abby to give that 2nd line a finisher.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Poor Nielsen.  He's probably wishing he was back in Brooklyn.  Those linemates aren't the most talented players he's ever seen.  

Do the Rangers really have a player named Clendening?  It would be a crime if he and Glendenning don't get into a fight tonight.  

I remember Ericsson always playing on the right side.  I guess now that's he's a goon like Eric Cairns or Enrico Ciccone, it doesn't really matter what side he plays on.  We may even want to experiment with him as 4th line winger (traditional enforcer spot).  

Edited by GMRwings1983

I love how one of our top lines is full of skill, extremely high hockey IQ, and then our other top line has minimal skill and a centerman that's probably bashing his head over who he's given.

Poor Nielsen, and we thought Datsyuk had lesser wingers the last 2-3 years. Blashill be like.. "Ima take it to another level of torturing my centerman" :lol:

Here's to hoping Sheahan gets a hatrick tonight. 

Edited by kickazz

30 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Poor Nielsen.  He's probably wishing he was back in Brooklyn.  Those linemates aren't the most talented players he's ever seen.  

Do the Rangers really have a player named Clendening?  It would be a crime if he and Glendenning don't get into a fight tonight.  

I remember Ericsson always playing on the right side.  I guess now that's he's a goon like Eric Cairns or Enrico Ciccone, it doesn't really matter what side he plays on.  We may even want to experiment with him as 4th line winger (traditional enforcer spot).  

New Bruise Brothers. :D Read below. 

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/10/18/new-bruise-brothers-wings-vow-protect-each-other/92366204/

I bet Ericsson is doing what he can to keep his spot by fighting more now. And Blashill seems to love fighting so.... it might actually work. 

Edited by kickazz

22 minutes ago, kickazz said:

New Bruise Brothers. :D Read below. 

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2016/10/18/new-bruise-brothers-wings-vow-protect-each-other/92366204/

I bet Ericsson is doing what he can to keep his spot by fighting more now. And Blashill seems to love fighting so.... it might actually work. 

Glad to see "the powerplay is our enforcer" isn't the motto anymore.  Babcock, his predecessors and Kenny didn't seem to mind if people took liberties with our players.  Come to think of it, Blashill didn't mind last year either.  We didn't even have 10 fighting majors.  What changed with Blashill in the offseason?  

2 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

I agree. Every time I see him start I just get a bad feeling that it means chalking it up as a loss.

Pretty much. I get nervous whenever he faces a shot, but he's gotta start some games. Weird giving him the start after only three games that Mrazek played well in, especially the last one. Bit early for a rest. You'd think they'd want him to keep playing to stay focused and get in a groove.

Ahh well. Hope Howard can get the W.

31 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Had a good chuckle while driving the boys to school this morning.

NHL Network on Sirius radio talked about Shea Webber's new team in Montreal, and how well he's played thus far...They went on to say how well he's respected throughout the league...Bet they didn't ask what Hank, or Lilja thought of him.

The only two differences between the Bertuzzi hit and Weber smashing Zetterberg's head was that Bertuzzi wasn't deliberately trying to break Moore's spine and Weber actually wanted to hurt Zetterberg's entire head and smash it (because why else would you grab someone's head with both hands and drive it into the boards with perfect planned coordination).

Other difference is that Moore got unlucky and Zetterberg got very lucky. 

Funny how the results of hits can change people's perspective of players. Weber is well-respected, while Bertuzzi is still considered a criminal by some. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

There's a bunch of players in the league with names that sound like they're the bargain bin knockoff version. When I turned the Panthers game and they were mentioning Malgin I thought there was a big trade I hadn't heard about.