• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Interesting Vancouver Stat

Rate this topic

Before last night's game, Vancouver had played 3 games and didn't lead any of those games at any point.  They hadn't had a lead for a single second yet on the season, yet they were 3-0.  They won last night as well and are 4-0, but they held a lead in last night's game for some time. 

I think the most interesting part about that is that the Vancouver Canucks are 4-0... I still expect them to finish towards the bottom of the league this year...

Side note: We should have another "Around the League" thread devoted to this sort of stuff.

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Side note: We should have another "Around the League" thread devoted to this sort of stuff.

No need for mega threads as catch-alls. The forum isn't useful (and discourages new visitors from registering and commenting) if there's a half-dozen threads total with any regular activity. I'm putting a moratorium on the mega-threads.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

No need for mega threads as catch-alls. The forum isn't useful (and discourages new visitors from registering and commenting) if there's a half-dozen threads total with any regular activity. I'm putting a moratorium on the mega-threads.

The only thing is, in the past, users would make a thread for many small subjects and we've been advised not to clutter up the forum and to find a thread that has that subject in it.  ie. Offseason thread, trades around the league, fixing this team...etc...but i understand the idea of not just having 2 active threads, makes the forum look unappealing and boring. This is the best Hockey forum worldwide and we want that to continue! 

Just now, LeftWinger said:

The only thing is, in the past, users would make a thread for many small subjects and we've been advised not to clutter up the forum and to find a thread that has that subject in it.  ie. Offseason thread, trades around the league, fixing this team...etc...but i understand the idea of not just having 2 active threads, makes the forum look unappealing and boring. This is the best Hockey forum worldwide and we want that to continue! 

I'm well aware of that, but when the 1st page of the main discussion forum has topics on it that haven't seen a post in a week there's certainly room to break the discussions out. If it becomes a problem in the future then I'll address it then, but it certainly isn't one now.

Perhaps just an "Around the League: Week 1/2/3" or "Around the League: Nov. 17-23" kind of thread, then? Though, I suppose locking them each week would just create unnecessary work for the mods.

I'm all for creating a new thread for "bigger" news items - Red Wings or any other team - but I try to steer clear from posting new topics about "smaller" items. Maybe it's just me, though - hate to feel as if I'm "cluttering" the forum. For example, I saw that Sproul's is in the lineup today, and didn't post because there isn't a GDT yet.

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I seen that too. Looks like Marchenko is the odd-man out. I agree with that call, Marchenko has been pretty bad in 3 out of 4 of the games.

Also noticed Ott in for Athanasiou... You just had to keep wishing for Ott to be in the lineup didn't you Lefty... :glare:

I'm very happy to see Sproul finally in! Ott in for AA just annoys me unless AA has an injury which I doubt.

2 hours ago, Jesusberg said:

I'm all for creating a new thread for "bigger" news items - Red Wings or any other team - but I try to steer clear from posting new topics about "smaller" items. Maybe it's just me, though - hate to feel as if I'm "cluttering" the forum. For example, I saw that Sproul's is in the lineup today, and didn't post because there isn't a GDT yet.

Posting threads for 'smaller items' is better than having no items at all. I wouldn't worry about it. Your feeling that you are 'cluttering up the forum' is the exact feeling I want to eliminate. People should feel free to post. If it gets crazy then I'll have to address it, but I really (really) don't see that being a problem.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Oops I didn't see this when I made the "Official 2016/2017 Red Wings Season Thread" earlier today.

My mistake. Guess that can be deleted then. 

Edited by kickazz