• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/21 GDT : at Red Wings 5, Nashville Predators 3

Pucks to the net, less turnovers.  PRetty simple stuff.  I don't even feel like I'm watching the same team I watched the first 2 games. Get on the roller coaster ride that is the 2016/2017 Red Wings 

Just now, Dominator2005 said:

And we are league leading team in fighting so far... indeed weird year.

I figured it out.  Holland has instructed this team to fight more, in order to keep some heat away from him.  Fans have been at his throat all offseason.  

Good win. Weird night officiating. Our breakouts were a lot better tonight. Danny dekeyser continues to suck a lot he should be the one sitting. Also larkin needs to get it going. He does not look dominant like last year.

Glad goose and tats looked a lot better tonight. Sproul and green were great. 

Hey, I was on stage with Foreigner in the backup choir, and couldn't post all day due to DDoS attacks hitting my provider at the times I could have been on during the day.  That should at least be an excused absence ;)

thanks to all who post in the GDT and give game info.  Any detail is always appreciated when I can't watch a game.

Does anybody think Helm's improved production is a result of his happiness with his more clearly defined role and primo contract?  I am happy to see a guy get paid and crank it up to 11 instead of just coast.

Drew Miller with a goal streak?  Bill Beerzeench must be having a conniption fit similar to Edzo when the Wings win out in ban land.

This could all be a fluke, given that we are still early in the season and Miller is one of our top goal scorers. But, nevertheless so far the main difference from last season to this : Our offense finally clicks. Apart from our usual turnovers we get the puck out of our zone much quicker, we gain the offensive zone better structured and faster and our PP finally looks like a threat and not like a PK with one man advantage.

Of course we got away with a lot of high quality chances by the opposing team the nights before and our Achilles heel is defense play, no doubt. But that's what you probably trade in for this style of play. It looks we can finally see Blashs handwriting on this team and it's a beautiful one.

Looking at the time stamp for the Larkin fight, it was pretty darn close to when I was on stage singing.  If I had vid editing skills I'd be tempted to make a montage of all the Wings fights to that song....

derblaue, I agree, the offense is starting to show the hand of Blashill.  Hopefully the defense settles down.  If the offense hits a rut I see rough patches ahead.  

For those who have seen both play, how was Sproul compared to Ouellette on the back end?  I know they are an apples and oranges comparison since they are different types of players, but what are your thoughts?

Also, even though it was against the Wings, I am glad to see Subban score.  I hope that trade comes back to haunt Montreal in a huge way.

Better than Oulett in my opinion. He made his mistakes but also had some good recoveries. His his best play was the redirect of a Nashville shot with his skate that would have otherwise hit a more or less open net.

He also chipped in offensively and looked like a very good fit for the team. All in all a more than solid performance. There is no reason not to play him tonight so you can see yourself (hopefully).

I just watched the highlights Malik posted.  The skate save was great.  

James Neal needs to be stapled through the boards, such a cheap shot artist.  Subban should have fought Abdelkader, but Justin would have wrecked him.  I am planning to watch the game tonight unless my wife drags me out. 

What a game! The Preds back to back goals silenced the Joe pretty quick, but the Wings responded well. Tatar's goal and the Larkin fight early in the third got the place rocking. Wings played really well. Subban sucks! Can't wait to go back tonight, Wings are undefeated when I'm in the building :lol: