• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

10/22 GDT : at Red Wings 3, San Jose Sharks 0

Another great night at the Joe, two great games by the boys. Howard was the man tonight, and the whole leftie-rightie thing on defence is making a big difference in the breakouts. Hope we can keep it up.

Also hope the Lions can get a win tomorrow to really make this weekend great :lol:

Just checked the score. 3-0 win! Jimmy with the shutout..what's goin on with him lookin like a $5 million goalie again? Games like this and NYR were very unexpected surprises. Good job Jimmy! It's kinda weird that he's already had two starts out of six games though. Not that -'m complaining, i'm happy with the wins and happy for Howard that he's finally playing like he's capable of again, but you'd think you'd want your #1 guy to play as much as possible so he gets in a groove. Is he being showcased? Was Mrazek being the #1 just something that was said tentatively, but they actually figured on  a 60/40 Mrazek/Howard tandem? Or has it been the close proximity of games lately that has led to it?

Was there a wide open net shot Howard stopped with the paddle of his stick tonight? I gotta see that!!

4 and 2 on a tight schedule. Doesn't get much better than that. If this keeps up all my predictions will fail - which is a good thing.

Howard a little more shaky tonight compared to the Rangers game but still shut San José out. Smith looked good, Zetterberg looked pretty decent considering it's his 3rd game in 4 nights. He's no spring chicken.

Nyquist was given too much time in the slot - that's easy pickings for him, he only needs a second to gather and let off a placed shot, he had more time than that and it shows on the score sheet.

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Just checked the score. 3-0 win! Jimmy with the shutout..what's goin on with him lookin like a $5 million goalie again? Games like this and NYR were very unexpected surprises. Good job Jimmy! It's kinda weird that he's already had two starts out of six games though. Not that -'m complaining, i'm happy with the wins and happy for Howard that he's finally playing like he's capable of again, but you'd think you'd want your #1 guy to play as much as possible so he gets in a groove. Is he being showcased? Was Mrazek being the #1 just something that was said tentatively, but they actually figured on  a 60/40 Mrazek/Howard tandem? Or has it been the close proximity of games lately that has led to it?

Was there a wide open net shot Howard stopped with the paddle of his stick tonight? I gotta see that!!

At least 3 things for me why he's played:

1.  He's getting $5 million to sit

2.  It was a back to back and he did an awesome job against NY and it's pretty early to worry about having Petr play back to back I guess.

3.  Let's hope he is being showcased.  

12 hours ago, kickazz said:

zXsLyMJ.png?1

Came here specifically to post this, but Kick beat me to it. 

Currently we sit 6th in the league.  3rd in the division.
4 -2 in 6 games over ten days.  What a start.

12 hours ago, Y19 said:

Lots to like here, like NOT blowing two goal leads!

Amen.

12 hours ago, brett said:

what is going on with this team? i never expected a back to back win wowzers 

I actually considered going to the game last night with my brother who's in town for the weekend... and we were both, well... it's a back to back against the team that made it to the cup finals last year... maybe...  MAYBE WHAT YOU DUMBASSES.  SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE GULLDURN GAME.    IDIOTS!

12 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

It's got to be because Ericcsson is on the third line, right????

I just can't quit Ericsson.  I DO wish the NHL had contract restructuring.  I love him on the 3rd.  Hate his salary on the 3rd.

Edited by e_prime

Minutia...at it's almost-finest:

Last night marked the tenth time the Club has had a record of 4-2 after their first six games. However, it's only the second time that two losses to begin the season were followed by four wins, the other season being 1926-27.

If they haven't already, ESB is more than welcome to use this.

Went to my first game last night.  Best game of the season by the defense.  San Jose looked tired and never really established themselves. The Wings defense was great at moving the puck and the forwards provided solid puck support.  I was worried we'd get pinned in our zone a lot but it didn't happen.

Helm played a great game.  Won a lot of physical battles  So did Sproul.  This guy should stay in the lineup for a long time.  He's confident and has good IQ out there.  

Sheahan looks even softer in person than he does on TV.  Still not sure what this guy brings to the lineup.  He's big, but doesn't do much of anything.  If Abdelkader misses games, this guy needs to step up.  

Figures the game I go to is the one where we don't fight.  :confused:

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Went to my first game last night.  Best game of the season by the defense.  San Jose looked tired and never really established themselves. The Wings defense was great at moving the puck and the forwards provided solid puck support.  I was worried we'd get pinned in our zone a lot but it didn't happen.

Helm played a great game.  Won a lot of physical battles  So did Sproul.  This guy should stay in the lineup for a long time.  He's confident and has good IQ out there.  

Sheahan looks even softer in person than he does on TV.  Still not sure what this guy brings to the lineup.  He's big, but doesn't do much of anything.  If Abdelkader misses games, this guy needs to step up.  

I'm with you up until the Sheahan part. He may not throw a lot of hits, but he always looks like one of our heavier players on the puck, in my opinion. He's good at establishing body position to keep control. I still don't think he should see the top six though.

32 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

And I was hoping there was going to be one for you :confused:

1 hour ago, cusimano_brothers said:

Minutia...at it's almost-finest:

Last night marked the tenth time the Club has had a record of 4-2 after their first six games. However, it's only the second time that two losses to begin the season were followed by four wins, the other season being 1926-27.

If they haven't already, ESB is more than welcome to use this.

Keep the historical tidbits coming, I always enjoy reading them.

36 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm with you up until the Sheahan part. He may not throw a lot of hits, but he always looks like one of our heavier players on the puck, in my opinion. He's good at establishing body position to keep control. I still don't think he should see the top six though.

He plays like he's allergic to body checks.  He's obviously not scoring, so he needs to be effective in some fashion. It's early in the season, but he's one of the players that needs to pick it up.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He plays like he's allergic to body checks.  He's obviously not scoring, so he needs to be effective in some fashion. It's early in the season, but he's one of the players that needs to pick it up.

On FSD they specifically pointed out that they thought Sheahan had a great game. They even featured clips of him at one point.

I didn't notice him all that much, though, and I think he's one of our multiple 3rd line centers who's searching for a role/way to fit into the lineup. He doesn't hit that much, but I think he's good at board battles.

I agree he needs to find his stride, but I think that can be said of almost everyone in the top 6 right now. Goaliies, Helm's line, and PP (8th in the league), are compensating pretty well right now, though.

25 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

On FSD they specifically pointed out that they thought Sheahan had a great game. They even featured clips of him at one point.

I didn't notice him all that much, though, and I think he's one of our multiple 3rd line centers who's searching for a role/way to fit into the lineup. He doesn't hit that much, but I think he's good at board battles.

I agree he needs to find his stride, but I think that can be said of almost everyone in the top 6 right now. Goaliies, Helm's line, and PP (8th in the league), are compensating pretty well right now, though.

I must have had better seats than the FSD guys.  Along with Larkin, he was one of the weaker forwards yesterday.