• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The MANtha watch.....

Rate this topic

Wait wait wait, your claim was Datsyuk specificly asked management to play with Mantha. Mickey said Datsyuk likes playing with Abby and Mantha... do u see the difference here?

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Richdg has provided what was asked for.  Now everyone mantha up admit he was right.

Im much too petty for that sir. Butt out

"He finished his commentary by saying that Datsyuk loves playing with Abdelkader, the piano puller, and that he was also very complimentary to Mantha. Mickey said that maybe playing with Mantha next year would be enough to entice Datsyuk to stay."

Not even close to what you said lol

28 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

"He finished his commentary by saying that Datsyuk loves playing with Abdelkader, the piano puller, and that he was also very complimentary to Mantha. Mickey said that maybe playing with Mantha next year would be enough to entice Datsyuk to stay."

Not even close to what you said lol

I was literally going to post the exact same thing lol. 

It really isnt even close.

While Datsyuk was undeniably a great player, He ditched the team while still under contract after their worst season since he was a rookie to "go back to his family", but then signed with a team 10 hours away from them. Who cares who he would have wanted to play with. He obv didn't want to play in Detroit with anybody anymore. I hope his number never gets put up in the rafters of LCA with players like 1, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 19, who gave most or all of their careers (some the rest of their lives in different capacities) to the team until they had nothing left to give. 

Edited by chaps80

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Chaps,

Holland screwed this team over.  No reason to blame Datsyuk.  

Oh I agree Holland screwed things up, but that doesn't mean Datsyuk couldn't have some class and finish out the one season left on his contract and then do whatever the hell he wanted. That or be honest and just come out and say he didn't like it in Detroit anymore, was not interested in playing his final contract season, and that he wanted to go play in Russia instead.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Oh I agree Holland screwed things up, but that doesn't mean Datsyuk couldn't have some class and finish out the one season left on his contract and then do whatever the hell he wanted. That or be honest and just come out and say he didn't like it in Detroit anymore, was not interested in playing his final contract season, and that he wanted to go play in Russia instead.

Look at the situation logically, it was likely not one thing and probably a combination of a variety of factors.

I'm sure he was home sick, even though he's 10 hours away from his daughter, its still a hell of a lot closer then Detroit. He can probably catch a 1 or 2 hour plane ride anytime he wants. I'm sure his body was breaking down, and given the softer style of the KHL, that had to be a factor. And yes we are not contenders this year, so why put his body on the line and be so far away from his family to maybe at best get to the second round. I dont blame Datsyuk a single bit. 

The only thing I blame him for is not honoring the contract. His reasons are all okay with me and I get it, but I guess I'm too "by the book" when it comes to contract obligations even in my own personal life. 

In hindsight though, him leaving isn't really that big of a deal. He's doing "okay" in the KHL right now. Not sure how much difference he would have been in the NHL level.  The only thing that sucks is Nielsen is under performing as well. 

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wait wait wait, your claim was Datsyuk specificly asked management to play with Mantha. Mickey said Datsyuk likes playing with Abby and Mantha... do u see the difference here?

Im much too petty for that sir. Butt out

Hell it didn't even say that.  All it said was Mickey said Datsyuk complimented Mantha's game- not that Datsyuk asked to play with or even liked playing with Mantha.  Just that he complimented his game.  So still not widely reported everywhere, or even anywhere.

13 hours ago, kickazz said:

The only thing I blame him for is not honoring the contract. His reasons are all okay with me and I get it, but I guess I'm too "by the book" when it comes to contract obligations even in my own personal life. 

In hindsight though, him leaving isn't really that big of a deal. He's doing "okay" in the KHL right now. Not sure how much difference he would have been in the NHL level.  The only thing that sucks is Nielsen is under performing as well. 

I totally see where you are coming from, I guess because we are not contenders and he has regressed like he has, it just doesn't bother me that much. If anything I blame Datsyuk's agent, the guy should have been playing on 1 year deals like Lidstrom.

I don't even blame Datsyuks agent. The guy is looking for his own money, he gets a share, so hell yeah he is going for the 3-year-deal..

You want to blame someone, if anything, blame Holland. And feel sorry for Pavel for (partially) ruining his own legacy in Detroit...for a difference of just one year...had he been signed for many years more and his daughter became seriously ill or something like that, no problem, go ahead, i'd understand it. But this way? Not so much..

2 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I don't even blame Datsyuks agent. The guy is looking for his own money, he gets a share, so hell yeah he is going for the 3-year-deal..

You want to blame someone, if anything, blame Holland. And feel sorry for Pavel for (partially) ruining his own legacy in Detroit...for a difference of just one year...had he been signed for many years more and his daughter became seriously ill or something like that, no problem, go ahead, i'd understand it. But this way? Not so much..

Blame Holland for Datsyuk jumping ship while under contract? Why?

19 hours ago, kickazz said:

And trading draft spots with Arizona and losing out on Chychrun. And yeah, I know he isn't a sure thing, but he's a lot closer to it than Cholowski. He's already in the NHL. Plus his playing style is something the Wings could really use.

18 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

And trading draft spots with Arizona and losing out on Chychrun. And yeah, I know he isn't a sure thing, but he's a lot closer to it than Cholowski. He's already in the NHL. Plus his playing style is something the Wings could really use.

Bs lol. He wouldnt have played here and you know it. And Chychrun wouldn't even put a dent in our problems lol. 

37 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Blame Holland for Datsyuk jumping ship while under contract? Why?

Giving a 3-year-deal..there was talk about Pavel potentially leaving before...

And, even more importantly...bad management for years, wasting cap with crap and thus not presenting a real opportunity to your star players..

I doubt Nick had even retired if this team had still been contending. ;)

First step - Does Pavel Datsyuk have hands? Fingers? A pen? Oh he did? Oh ok. So it took his signatures to sign the contract.

Next step - Does Datsyuk have a brain? Does he understand what 3 years means (translate that phrase from english into Russian if he needed it). Oh he does understand what 3 years is? Okay good. 

Last step - Sign it. Oh he did? Oh ok cool nobody put a gun to his head right? Ok sweet! We have a deal!

Nah lets blame Holland for someone elses actions. Right on.

There was a storm somewhere today and people got stuck in the snow, I blame Holland for it. 

Everytime people make excuses for someone and blame Holland or Howard or Mrazek blah blah blah, this is the type of irrational thought process I imagine that goes on.

Edited by kickazz

Datsyuk took blame, accepted responsbility and (somewhat) apologized. I doesn't matter what excuses anyone here on LGW makes nor does it matter if anyone blames Holland. Datsyuk came out like a man and said it like it was, said that he messed up. Let's follow suit. 

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Datsyuk took blame, accepted responsbility and apologized. I doesn't matter what excuses anyone here on LGW makes nor does it matter if anyone blames Holland. Datsyuk came out like a man and said it like it was, said that he messed up. Let's follow suit. 

You know what, you're right. I take back my agent comment, the agent isnt the one who signs the contract. Its on Datsyuk. 

With that being said, I dont hold any ill will towards him. I completely agree with the Holland stuff, people will blame him for everything and anything. A star player wants to sign a 3 year deal, any GM makes that signing.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I completely agree with the Holland stuff, people will blame him for everything and anything. A star player wants to sign a 3 year deal, any GM makes that signing.

Seriously man can you imagine if Holland had signed him for like 1 year and then Datsyuk ended up leaving right after that? The same people would be complaining about how "Holland couldn't lock Datsyuk up". "He should have signed him for 3 years and he wouldn't have left"

Hindsight isn't 20/20 on LGW.com its godam 20/15 SUPERHUMAN vision.  

20/15 is better than 20/20 vision if anyone is wondering. 

It's a shame, Dats no longer belongs in the rafters now. But he made it clear he is Russian and wants to end his last good playing years in Russia. For that i respect him. It reminds me of Modano wanting to play his last year in Detroit. He gave a lot to us and we should be thankful for the many years we had him.

Merry christmas Pavel, merry christmas red wings, and to all LGWers a very merry christmas to you and yours.