• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The MANtha watch.....

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Jaymister said:

I thought this thread was about Mantha, not Datsyuk.  Mantha has impressed me with his play. He makes good passes, has a good shot and seems to have a knack for going to the net.

You didnt hear? Datysuk left bc Holland wouldnt promote the great and powerful Mantha. Nothing to do with being actually being Russian or having his only child there.

Mantha is rel gud. Anyone athletic with that size is gonna make an NHL roster eventually. Once he establishes himself as legit firepower i hope he develops some meanness

On December 24, 2016 at 10:20 PM, kickazz said:

Bs lol. He wouldnt have played here and you know it. And Chychrun wouldn't even put a dent in our problems lol. 

He might not have played this year in Detroit, because of the customary rule of having to play in GR at least a year or two before you get a shot (unless your Larkin) even if you'd be useful to the big club right away. But he would play sooner than later. He's a better option than pylons like Errorsson and better than the junk they've brought up from GR this year (besides Sproul). Lashoff? Really?? Can't believe he's even still around.

And no, the D problems aren't going to be fixed by one player, I don't care who it is. But having Chych ready to play and contribute much much sooner than Cholowski is a step in the right direction. The team needs a big physical dman who can play a solid two way game. He would have fit that perfectly. Oh well.

8 hours ago, chaps80 said:

He might not have played this year in Detroit, because of the customary rule of having to play in GR at least a year or two before you get a shot (unless your Larkin) even if you'd be useful to the big club right away. But he would play sooner than later. He's a better option than pylons like Errorsson and better than the junk they've brought up from GR this year (besides Sproul). Lashoff? Really?? Can't believe he's even still around.

And no, the D problems aren't going to be fixed by one player, I don't care who it is. But having Chych ready to play and contribute much much sooner than Cholowski is a step in the right direction. The team needs a big physical dman who can play a solid two way game. He would have fit that perfectly. Oh well.

Larkin didn't even come right from the draft table to Detroit. He played his first year at UofM, then got a look in GR for those 6 playoff games, before finally earning a full time spot in Detroit the following season. I would have loved to see us draft Chychrun, but there's zero chance he would have played in Detroit this season, and maybe not even next season...

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lotta guys ahead of him. Laine almost certainly take the Calder

Yup. Last game when Mantha scored said he was now in the top 20 in rookie scoring. Not bad for a guy that wasn't here for the 1st 15 games of the year.

10 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Larkin didn't even come right from the draft table to Detroit. He played his first year at UofM, then got a look in GR for those 6 playoff games, before finally earning a full time spot in Detroit the following season. I would have loved to see us draft Chychrun, but there's zero chance he would have played in Detroit this season, and maybe not even next season...

Well Larkin still made the Wings very quickly after signing his entry deal in May 2015. Once he signed it he left university to join the Griffins for the playoffs, then made the Wings that September.

On 2016-12-25 at 8:09 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You didnt hear? Datysuk left bc Holland wouldnt promote the great and powerful Mantha. Nothing to do with being actually being Russian or having his only child there.

Mantha is rel gud. Anyone athletic with that size is gonna make an NHL roster eventually. Once he establishes himself as legit firepower i hope he develops some meanness

Datsyuk left for two reasons that I can tell. Number one to be close to his daughter. Number two Detroit becoming less competitive over the last 4 years.  To ensenuate that he left because Holland wouldn't promote Mantha seems kinda far fetched.  I think Datsyuk understands that Detroit likes to overripen their prospects.

I hope Mantha keeps playing that style of game, and although I woulda love to see Pavel play one more year with us there are a lot of uncertainties we can't account for, perhaps he didn't want  to risk injury by trying to keep up his game at this (NHL) level, and for what, to barely make the playoffs? the ones that are on the losing end of this is us fans, and not having that magic night in and night out as we were used to.

I forget, is this a Datsyuk thread or Mantha? oh... I member now

Man I can't believe how many people were pushing for mantha to get dealt for a dman , yes we need some defensemen but we also need scoring and we don't have anyone with mantha's size,skating ability and finish 

only reason he took time to breakout this season is cause of Blashill's line management (athanasiou is currently getting the blashill treatment )

Hope to God we stop using mantha in the front on the powerplay just because of his size , his strength is his shot for gods sake 

I'd also like to see mantha play with larkin/athanasiou 

6 hours ago, Son of a Wing said:

Haven't seen anyone "pushing for Mantha to get dealt for a dman".

Definitely have seen many open to the idea for the right player.

There's a big difference. Similar to the difference between a GM shopping a player and listening.

Agreed, the only reason why Mantha is being talked about is because we need a #1 d-man, and right now its pretty clear that he has a lot of value and would have the best chance of all our players not named Larkin to get us one (even thats now debatable).

1 hour ago, joesuffP said:

It's cool he had probably the best game of his career on such a huge stage. Would love to see how he handles playoff hockey......

In a couple of years..... lets just get him to some 30+ goal seasons first. Maybe equally as important, GET THE GUY SOME HELP!

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

At this pace he will get 25 MAYBE 30 goals this year after missing 15 games. Not bad for a spare part right Kenny?

They definitely lit a fire under his ass, couldn't be happier with the way that all played out.

14 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA AntMan! ...AntMan!!!

One thing I like about that goal is that Z is clearly open on the left side, but Mantha wants to shoot and trusts his shot. We often have too many passes and let them set up the defence. Also, having too much reverence for the captain could be a problem for a young player, but Z+Mantha are working together helping each other out from what I've seen.

6 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

One thing I like about that goal is that Z is clearly open on the left side, but Mantha wants to shoot and trusts his shot. We often have too many passes and let them set up the defence. Also, having too much reverence for the captain could be a problem for a young player, but Z+Mantha are working together helping each other out from what I've seen.

definitely, we need more of the shoot first mentality