• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The MANtha watch.....

Rate this topic

Mantha is now tied for the team lead in goals and plus/minus, fourth in points, second in points per game, and first in goals per game.  The first three of those stats are especially impressive considering he's only played half the season (but then made slightly less impressive when part of his team lead also has to do with other players performing way below expectation)

2 hours ago, Echolalia said:

Mantha is now tied for the team lead in goals and plus/minus, fourth in points, second in points per game, and first in goals per game.  The first three of those stats are especially impressive considering he's only played half the season (but then made slightly less impressive when part of his team lead also has to do with other players performing way below expectation)

The one that surprised me, since I haven't looked at stats lately, is Larkin was leading the team in goals. I haven't been able to watch as much this year, and just going by this forum I wouldn't have guessed he was anywhere near the top. 

8 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

The one that surprised me, since I haven't looked at stats lately, is Larkin was leading the team in goals. I haven't been able to watch as much this year, and just going by this forum I wouldn't have guessed he was anywhere near the top. 

He doesn't have anyone on his line who's scoring, so not very many assists, hence the low point total but not low goals 

11 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

He doesn't have anyone on his line who's scoring, so not very many assists, hence the low point total but not low goals 

But 11 goals in 40 games isn't exactly what everyone around here expects from him.

Larkin has hit a wall, and I think a lot has to do with learning the center position at the NHL level. With, hopefully, new coaching and development he will become the first line center most people think he can be. 

I am not as concerned about Mantha hitting a sophomore slump as much, because he has been through a lot of adversity already. As early as next year we may see a Mantha-Larkin-Z top line. 

4 hours ago, BringBack19 said:

Larkin has hit a wall, and I think a lot has to do with learning the center position at the NHL level. With, hopefully, new coaching and development he will become the first line center most people think he can be. 

I am not as concerned about Mantha hitting a sophomore slump as much, because he has been through a lot of adversity already. As early as next year we may see a Mantha-Larkin-Z top line. 

Soph slump. The league has seen him, scouted him, knows his strengths and weaknesses, and game plans for him. Now he has to mkae the adjustments. Up until the last 2-3 games he hasn't been playing C at all. he has been on the wing.

The last part about Larkin is/was how good can he become offensively? That was the question when he was drafted. Everyone knew he had speed and played a 200ft game. Can he become more than a 25g 50 point guy? He had 25 goals last year and is on pace for 22 this year. Can he take the next step and get to 30 goals and 75+ points? This is his second pro season so no need to panic by anyone. Mantha is a year ahead physically and mentally in his 3rd pro year. Both should be very good to great for a long time.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

22 goals in his second year is pretty good. Some people just expect too much

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I think the lack of assists is more the issue here, but then again look at who he has been playing with.

3 hours ago, kliq said:

I think the lack of assists is more the issue here, but then again look at who he has been playing with.

exactly.  when your linemates can't bury a wide open chance to save their lives, you're not going to get a lot of assists.  Add the pathetic PP system and the overall terrib;e coaching, and anyone woulds struggle

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just wanna point out. Mantha now has 52 pts in 85 career games played. 13 pts in 15 GP this year. Kids a stud-muffin.

He's gonna be our Corey Perry and Big Ras is gonna be our Ryan Getzlaf. 

Hopefully he develops into a stud for years to come, however he doesn't play anything like Corey Perry.  

4 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Hopefully he develops into a stud for years to come, however he doesn't play anything like Corey Perry.  

Big-bodied goal-scorer was what I was going for. He has that in common with Perry, minus the on-ice antics obviously. Although he did drop Sergachev like a G.

Couldn't think of a better comparison for a big C/RW combo other than Perry and Getzlaf

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Frk - Larkin - Mantha

Svechnikov-Svechnikov-Athanasiou

That 6 sounds tasty as 2nd and 3rd lines.  

Neither Svechnikov is / will be a center.

Not a single one of them are / will be 1st liners?... :rolleyes:

That is a potent top 6, not middle 6.

Mantha is a f***ing beast. 

I remember praying he'd drop to us. He did, then we traded the pick. Then he dropped to us again. It all worked out in the end.