• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/25 GDT - at Red Wings 4, Hurricanes 2

Very good game, I was at the 4th row seats and got a first hand look at some of our new players.

Steve Ott is a pretty good penalty killer and makes that 4th line better. He's better than Miller and Glendening imo. 

Sheahan sucks. Probably the softest player on our squad, he's a cancer to our top line. Harsh I know but that was the general consensus around where I was sitting.

Tatar looks off too. But Nyquist, Larkin, AA looked great. 

Thought defense played pretty well too. Overall pretty clean with minimal lapses. 

Z... looks different. There were times I felt like he could have made the extra effort but just held back, wouldn't even attempt to skate hard. Either he's just not good anymore or he's purposely holding back to maintain reserves. We'll find out I guess.

Great game, keep this up and we'll be fine. Fix the weaknesses and we have potential to do some damage. 

Edited by kickazz

The Athanasiou goal really halted Carolina's momentum (obviously).

I was worried when Stalberg hit Green and Ott took the offsetting penalty. Feels like the Wings tend to fall apart in situations like that, but they pushed through. Impressed with this team right now.

5 in a rowwww!! Looooooking goooooddd!! Missed the game, but it didn't sound all that exciting from the comments. Vanek on the board again! Larkin def needed those goals, let's hope this gets him going. AA rounding it out. Kid plays hard, he needs to stay in the lineup, as does Ott, who is doing great job on the PK. He's the most well rounded player on the fourth line. If anyone sits when Abby is back it should be Sheahan or Glenny (which won't happen, but hey). 

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

5 in a rowwww!! Looooooking goooooddd!! Missed the game, but it didn't sound all that exciting from the comments. Vanek on the board again! Larkin def needed those goals, let's hope this gets him going. AA rounding it out. Kid plays hard, he needs to stay in the lineup, as does Ott, who is doing great job on the PK. He's the most well rounded player on the fourth line. If anyone sits when Abby is back it should be Sheahan or Glenny (which won't happen, but hey). 

At this point I'm thinking Sheahan. I like him, but I think swapping him for Abdelkader will have the least impact on the team at the moment, which is important considering how they're playing.

7 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

They just look more... relaxed, and like a totally different team because of it. 

Bout time. This is a really good team, but panicking and making mistakes cost them a lot last season. Things are looking much, much better.

1 minute ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

At this point I'm thinking Sheahan. I like him, but I think swapping him for Abdelkader will have the least impact on the team at the moment, which is important considering how they're playing.

I agree. He's not looking too good right now. Sticking out a lot as a weak link on a team that's cruising along as a cohesive unit.

Sheahan just doesn't cut it to pull the piano. 

There were times last night where Z and Tatar were doing more work in the corner battles. Idk why Sheahan just doesn't like pushing and shoving I guess.

I hope Abby gets put back on the top line Wing position when he's back.

Edited by kickazz