• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/25 GDT - at Red Wings 4, Hurricanes 2

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ericsson is getting A LOT of money to play 3rd pairing.  

Technically, Ericsson and Marchenko are the second pairing. He's fourth on the team in TOI/GP, and Marchenko's third.

Either way, I agree with the idea that sheltering his minutes has worked out well. He's been pretty solid, IMO. Making the best out of a less-than-ideal situation.

13 minutes ago, NitzGuy said:

should we really be breaking nyquist off the helm vanek line? they have been amazing. Although I do think the lines look a bit better now. Not sure about Shehan up there but well see

Obviously it was nice to see him notch two goals on that top line last game, but I think he's looked great all season. He's producing and stripping opponents of the puck in their offensive zone. Helm-Vanek might take a bit of a hit, but I thought AA looked good last game, too. I'm more concerned with getting that second line (and Larkin) going at this point.

This one has me a bit nervous, especially looking ahead to the next three games on the schedule (STL, BOS & FLA). The Canes can't keep the puck out of their net, but they're also scoring goals.

Edited by Jesusberg

I don't think it's a good idea to take Nyquist off that line. Sometimes it's not how good you're playing, it's how good your linemates make you play. Those three together have great chemistry. 

Not gonna say he wont do good with Nielsen, nor AA with Helm. They may keep up the production and that will be nothing but good for us.

Also like that Sproul has been good. Nothing but positives the last 4.

I give them 5 wins tonight.

Skinner out, Stalberg moves to his line. Frk and Nestrasil at the wings on fourth line, Bickell scratched.

39 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I don't think it's a good idea to take Nyquist off that line. Sometimes it's not how good you're playing, it's how good your linemates make you play. Those three together have great chemistry. 

Not gonna say he wont do good with Nielsen, nor AA with Helm. They may keep up the production and that will be nothing but good for us.

The emergence of Sproul makes Marchenko expendable imo. Trade piece perhaps?

Edited by chaps80

3 hours ago, NitzGuy said:

should we really be breaking nyquist off the helm vanek line? they have been amazing. Although I do think the lines look a bit better now. Not sure about Shehan up there but well see

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Asking me, Vanek seems to be the key. He is biggish, tenacious, keeps at it, has a knack for creating things from nothing and has vision. That combination is non-defendable, particularly in the high corners where he reaks havoc if turned toward the goal with the puck after beating a defenseman.

I would most certainly keep Vanek with Nyquist, who is a top tier sniper around the slot which is exactly where Vanek look after commanding puck control deep in the zone. Don't like the breakup at all. In fact, I protest.

32 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Nyquist started last game in that third line but played mostly on Z's wing

What happened to Abdelkader? I never heard anything about an injury?

Actually, he played roughly 70% of the game on a line with Nielsen and Larkin. You're right about him playing with Helm and Vanek for a small portion of the game, though.

Not saying much about Abdelkader, other than it's a day-to-day thing. Most of what I've read states it's a lower-body injury, but I've seen a few claims that it's a "mid-body injury", so who knows? I'm sure he'll draw back into the lineup soon, though.

I wonder if Abby got the wrong end of Chris Neil's fist. He looked a bit dazed after taking a couple of pops from him. He's one of the biggest bruisers in the league. 

Canes on paper look rough, Stempniak on the top line is gross. Ward's numbers aren't much better. I'm confident in a good 4-1 or 5-1 W tonight. Keep an eye on Aho, I think that kid is gonna be good in the long run.