• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/27 GDT : Red Wings 2, at St. Louis Blues 1 (SO)

just finished watching the game.and... 6 Game Winning Streak! Nielsen's First, Our first OT and SO and Mrazek kept us in it, stoping breakaways and standing tall on the crease for the shootout win. by the seventh round I started chanting Helm and then he was up, and by the next round I felt Z was coming and what a surprise, he nets the game winner. Really happy to see what our team is bringing each game, There's no where to go but up so keep going hard at it boys. LGRW!!!

i love winning but i am still not comfortable with the defense..yes it MIGHT be good enough to get us into the playoffs. sproul has looked damn good and really helping out IMO. but we need another either solid stay at home aggressive guy or a guy who can make that first pass out of the zone

or maybe kronwall will be that guy when hes healthy. 

as they say "we like our team"

Edited by brett

I forgot about Kronwall. Lol know he will come back, but the D pairings are doing good together right now and in the proper spots. Even Errorsson is doing well in the third pairing where he should be, not making huge blunders that cost the team games on the first pairing where he's clearly overmatched. I hope Kronwall's return doesn't send the D into a tailspin again when the pairings will be switched up and he will probably end up back on the top pairing where he really shouldn't be anymore.

5:45 am, just finished watching game on my DVR (yeah thats the life when you're working dumb hours).

Mrazek stole that game. Our goalies are Red Hot. Nielsen doing exactly as expected and being important top 6 guy when short handed. It was also good to see the Don step in and take care of "business" at the end there. 

It's not only a 6 game win streak for the Wings but also a 6 game GDT streak for some folks not posting since we're winning :)

Edited by kickazz

I don´t think the game was a steal like NYR game was.

For some reason, we failed to compete for first 25-30 minutes, not able to use our best weapons. AA was our best fw there, not afraid of their high possession game. Blues were very aggressively leaving their d-zone, once our forwards speeded up against their 1st-2nd pass, StL was not able to really deploy their offence.

But the issue is still the same for us and Blues are exactly representing what we´re missing - last guy mostly prepared and able to hold the safety brake, Parayko himself several times completely wasted our chances there.

4 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

just finished watching the game.and... 6 Game Winning Streak! Nielsen's First, Our first OT and SO and Mrazek kept us in it, stoping breakaways and standing tall on the crease for the shootout win. by the seventh round I started chanting Helm and then he was up, and by the next round I felt Z was coming and what a surprise, he nets the game winner. Really happy to see what our team is bringing each game, There's no where to go but up so keep going hard at it boys. LGRW!!!

Nielsen has 2, just so ya know! :lol:

18 minutes ago, NerveDamage said:

Nielsen's first goal in a while...? lol I totally lost track of him, and thought he hadn't score

I thought the same thing.  He is going to be very valuable and is getting comfortable now.  This is good.

I will share my observation about Nyquist, sort of in the same vein.  To my eyes, Gus Gus has always 'disappeared' when Datsyuk was on the ice.  Invisible.  When Dats was out injured (or, now, gone), GusGus plays the way we know he is capable of doing.  Let's see if I am right  - and he steps up and shines this season.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

5:45 am, just finished watching game on my DVR (yeah thats the life when you're working dumb hours).

Mrazek stole that game. Our goalies are Red Hot. Nielsen doing exactly as expected and being important top 6 guy when short handed. It was also good to see the Don step in and take care of "business" at the end there. 

It's not only a 6 game win streak for the Wings but also a 6 game GDT streak for some folks not posting since we're winning :)

I feel like if you gave the following two scenario's:

1) The Wings click/gel like an elite team, they win the cup and Holland wins GM of the year.

2) This winning streak is nothing more then an outlier of how this season is going to go. Wings finish bottom 5, fire Holland.

There are some that would rather see option two, as being right is more important then the team succeeding.

Now I dont see either of these happening, but its the point.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I feel like if you gave the following two scenario's:

1) The Wings click/gel like an elite team, they win the cup and Holland wins GM of the year.

2) This winning streak is nothing more then an outlier of how this season is going to go. Wings finish bottom 5, fire Holland.

There are some that would rather see option two, as being right is more important then the team succeeding.

Now I dont see either of these happening, but its the point.

I am not for #2 really, because Edmonton has shown you just how much tanking does for you.

I realize if the playoff streak breaks, no biggie, but I don't feel like missing the playoffs for 10+ years. The winning streak is great, I hope we can win 6 out of 8 all year long. No losing streaks please!

2 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

I thought the same thing.  He is going to be very valuable and is getting comfortable now.  This is good.

I will share my observation about Nyquist, sort of in the same vein.  To my eyes, Gus Gus has always 'disappeared' when Datsyuk was on the ice.  Invisible.  When Dats was out injured (or, now, gone), GusGus plays the way we know he is capable of doing.  Let's see if I am right  - and he steps up and shines this season.

Nyquist is one of our best players right now. He's overall a good player. He's also one of the fastest players on the team after Helm, AA/Larkin imo. 

Just watched the game, avoided the forum and whatnot to not know the outcome. I did not see that win coming. I would have taken one point and ran to the bank with it prior to game start if offered.

How we got two points there is great. Sure we wobbled a bit but didn't fall apart as we have in close years past. Smith looked stable, Ericsson still looked rather stable, mostly.

I liked that the young guns got to shoot first in the shootout.

No dramatic point to make except that I'm very pleased with 2 points in Saint Louis. Made me proud for once.